JT exhaust for C-900 no longer sold at Genuine Saab? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > Performance Modifications for the Classic 900

Performance Modifications for the Classic 900 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Classic 900. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
JT exhaust for C-900 no longer sold at Genuine Saab?

this came up on saab central--

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/vi...=361789#361789

hope it's just due to the update and will be listed soon :P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
Elder

I was told he does not STOCK them due to lack of order #'s - but will still special order then - meaning they are still to be had - but a 2-3 week after order will be present. SO - just know they are still available - but you must contact nick/genuine indivisually - as far as I was informed.
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:18 PM   #3
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
It is not a problem to get. Just not a high volume part. We have not yet had time to get all the exhausts into the new catalog. Seems it is one of those problems where the more we work on the site the more we have to work to ship parts. Not really a problem at all. Will be soon. Thanks all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs

Old 11-09-2004, 06:33 PM   #4
Elder

just a heads up Nick - I will be looking into a JT exhaust atleast from the DP back come spring time - I plan to build my car then (when it gets warm again) - so if there's a way you can keep the door open that'd be great. I'm afraid of the "Not really a problem at all. Will be soon." Comment you said - so I'm giving you a heads up man. Thanks!
~BurnsSide~
for your repair needs
Old 11-09-2004, 08:38 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

I wonder how much a custom one from a local exhaust shop with mandril benders would cost?
Old 11-09-2004, 08:55 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead
I wonder how much a custom one from a local exhaust shop with mandril benders would cost?
as much as they wanna charge :P
for your repair needs
Old 11-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

it could however be less than a full system
Old 12-11-2004, 06:05 PM   #8
Elder

uh, on the order of about $1500 is what that one guy from twinsaabs said his cost
Old 12-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy
uh, on the order of about $1500 is what that one guy from twinsaabs said his cost
but that one was in stanless steel and insanley nice.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #10
TSLMember

i'm currently running the 3 inch jt system and man what a noise my friend said it was nasty but i got the performance downpipe yesterday so just waiting on the weather being being kinder to move the battery and fit the pipe ,i'll keep you all up to date about any gains over the 3 inch system from the elbow back heres hoping it will be
Old 12-25-2004, 10:24 AM   #11
Elder

Well I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago, but genuine saab has been having trouble with their supplier apparently, so I still don't have it yet. It would be nice if I could expect it within the month but I'm not real real hopeful as it seems that when JT Does ship out stuff they don't ship out all of it because at last time we talked they got the downpipes, but not the rear exhausts... oh well, I'm sure one of these days I'll get it I am in no serious hurry because the exhaust I have is still in good shape, but I would hate to think what would happen if I needed one right away. I would have to say you should stay away from JT if you are in the US and need an exhaust in a hurry... 2 months is a long time to drive about with no exhaust
Old 12-25-2004, 10:48 AM   #12
TSLMember

i ordered mines from part for saabs i got it in a few days no probs
Old 12-25-2004, 11:04 AM   #13
Elder

did you? I wonder how much we would be talking for international shipping, as they are based in the UK... I am going to give genuine saab till the end of January but if I don't have it by then, I'll probably just cancel it, bite the bullet and pay the international shipping.
Old 12-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stevehayes01 Send a message via MSN to stevehayes01 Send a message via Yahoo to stevehayes01
If you don't want to wait the time try http://www.group9performance.com/saab_exhaust.asp .

They seem to have good stuff and from what I hear they can get there stuff quickly. Also look to local exhaust shops to do it.

Old 12-25-2004, 01:19 PM   #15
Elder

well- shame it's about 4X what the JT system costs also, there is no 3" exhaust elbow eliminator that‘s not selling for crazy money (the JT one is $250 some)... oh well, I can wait
Old 12-25-2004, 01:27 PM   #16
TSLMember

Jeff - do you do your own exhaust work? Or going to contract a shop to do it for you?
Old 12-26-2004, 04:58 AM   #17
SAAB Road Master

Hey when you guys installed yr jt downpipe, did u flange the end of it?? or just weld it to the other pipe, or even clamp it?
Old 12-26-2004, 06:03 AM   #18
Elder

deniss- I do my own work in that I can clamp stuff together

GreySPG, I have not got my JT exhaust yet so I'm not sure what I am going to do but I am probably going to take it to a muffler shop and get a 3" bolted on cat put on, but also have them keep the 3" section they cut off and have them put that on a flange for me so that "in-between" inspections I could go catless for "trackdays" and such
Old 12-26-2004, 06:39 AM   #19
TSLMember

i went out this morning and moved the battery ,made up new +leads then fitted the j t elbow downpipe to the jt system , all went well with no real problems fitting wise ,tidied up the tools then went a 30 mile blast
as the car was i was loosing traction in first second and third as the roads are a bit damp but now i'm loosing traction a lot sooner and even lost traction in 4th one or twice so i'd say the downpipe is a good upgrade over the stock elbow set up,spool up is improved as is the power delivery, it also sounds smoother at wot ,so all in all a good few hours work with great results by the end of it
Old 12-26-2004, 07:34 AM   #20
SAAB Road Master

Jez becarefull in those lower gears, i don't wanna find your 2nd gear in my lawn over here in the us ...i was also going to move my battery from my trunk over to the drivers side where my stock IC was....i'm making custom piping for my spearco FMIC i'm gonna get. Just curious how have people mounted there battery there, or what kind of bracket did they use?? Can u use the stock battery plate over there?? hmmm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in