9000 redbox questions - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9000

Performance Modifications for the 9000 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Saab 9000. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

9000 redbox questions

Hey yall. Found a redbox for my 9000. Supposed to be from a carlesson. Will it fit my 92. Anyone know what they run boost wise.
Thanks. Cc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Elder

If it's made for a '91 it can be used on the '92, but the one made for the '90 can't be (can't be used on the '91 either). Supposedly 20 addt'l hp. Not sure on boost.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
90, 91 and 92 9000 T's are all very different, and likely a "redbox" (DI/APC) won't interchange between any of them.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Elder

The '91 and '92 will. There's enough "sameness" between the 2 to use the same box for DI/APC control.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero
Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #5

137007611 is the serial. I'm told its 91-92. Can anyone help me check up on that. Also don't some company still manufacture after market red boxes.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety5Aero View Post
The '91 and '92 will. There's enough "sameness" between the 2 to use the same box for DI/APC control.
Have you tried this? I would have thought they were very different being that one also interfaces with the TCS system?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #7

Didn't know how to look that up. I would guess they are the same. But its just a guess. I don't know that tcs and apc interface . My turbo has never cut back when tcs comes on it just pulls me across a couple of lanes
Old 01-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #8

Heellllllp. So they had a tuned apc in the carlesson.91 and 92 are the same. Ray is right as usual. Anyone know more before I get it. I guess it automatic 20 horse gain. Anyone know about tuning a 92 evidence
Old 01-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #9

ecu my b not evidence
Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanknut View Post
Heellllllp. So they had a tuned apc in the carlesson.91 and 92 are the same. Ray is right as usual. Anyone know more before I get it. I guess it automatic 20 horse gain. Anyone know about tuning a 92 evidence
go the route i'm going and t5 that bitch in the spring...
Old 01-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
Elder

I think I know where you're getting the box. I DID come across something interesting when I did a Google search. It said 220 hp when using 98 octane! Now it's possible that European octane ratings are different than ours but I'm not sure about that.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero
Old 01-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #12

Ah. You know its probably the way to go but I Like playing with hard parts more than software.
I know that's not true to t5 just the way I feel. Tryin to keep her old as I can.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Ah. You know its probably the way to go but I Like playing with hard parts more than software.
I know that's not true to t5 just the way I feel. Tryin to keep her old as I can.
get a 86-90 then that way you're playing with a true c9000 with a b202 in it instead of the odd ball of a b234 thats in these 91-93's
Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #14

Hey. Don't wanna be a Dick but chill out on dissing 91s and 92s
My opinion which is just an opinion is these are the best ones made.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Hey. Don't wanna be a Dick but chill out on dissing 91s and 92s
My opinion which is just an opinion is these are the best ones made.
i have a 91. only i love the 91 but honestly if you are looking to tune it the best option is to t5 it. you said you are looking to keep it older so i suggested you get a 86-91 since that is the true classic. if you are looking to keep it original or make a carlsson clone just say that i'm just playing anyhow.

and the reason i hate on 92' is the same reason everybody else does. TCS. another reason to t5 that bitch
Old 01-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #16

i think a piped 91 can eat any t5 car. you t5ing a 91?? if so thats not cool. tcs is tollerable you dont have a vac leak and clear your codes before your car shits out you dont have a problem. its nice to avoid tcs but its not what people think.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #17

Quote:
i think a piped 91 can eat any t5 car. you t5ing a 91?? if so thats not cool. tcs is tollerable you dont have a vac leak and clear your codes before your car shits out you dont have a problem. its nice to avoid tcs but its not what people think.
I have 91 and am t5ing it for numerous reasons. first PO took the damned engine bay harness and i can't find another. second i have an aero turbo and need to tune the car accordingly.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #18

Just got a hacked apc. Come get that and my 91 I'm kinda sad to hear you are turning a 91 into like a 94 or some shit. You get your tdo4 lines yet. I still gotta get some. We should drag this spring. Prob won't happen but would be sick.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Just got a hacked apc. Come get that and my 91 I'm kinda sad to hear you are turning a 91 into like a 94 or some shit. You get your tdo4 lines yet. I still gotta get some. We should drag this spring. Prob won't happen but would be sick.
i had a 93.5 so yeah i have the appropriate lines for the 91-93. wait... you have a 91 and a 92? and yeah it's not a big deal though because eventually i'll have all the parts to change back too it's not irreversible. well the redbox is good for how many hp? i mean i plan on turning my td04hl-15G to a td04hl-19t so i'll need it to tune to more than just 220hp
Old 01-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #20

I'm getting a red box for my baby (92) like ray said plus 20 HP. But just the otherday I got a hacked apc control boosted to 15 psi. With rpm switch. I guess it flies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in