Thinking about JT 3" Turboback exhaust - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9000

Performance Modifications for the 9000 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Saab 9000. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
TSLMember

Thinking about JT 3" Turboback exhaust

I have a 95 9000 Aero with 198K miles on it. The catback part of the exhaust fell off, so I have to replace the catback. I figured maybe it pays to change the full exhaust [turboback] with the JT exhaust which is the least expensive from all the aftermarket exhausts. Does anyone have the JT Turboback without the cat? Is it very loud and does it drone on the highway? If I dont get the computer reflashed, would the car still run strong and will I get more power compared to now?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast One View Post
Does anyone have the JT Turboback without the cat? Is it very loud and does it drone on the highway? If I dont get the computer reflashed, would the car still run strong and will I get more power compared to now?
I don't have a JT exhaust, but I can tell you the catless one will be louder than one with a cat. As far as the sound goes, I think the JT is pretty mellow, however different people have different thresholds.

As far as the last two questions, your car will still run fine and you will pick up some extra power and torque from installing just the turboback exhaust without a reflash.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Elder

The sound difference is minor cat/no cat on a turbo back 3in JT system. No drone either way. Some people think they are loud. I dont think they are, they sound good
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Elder

the jt system isnt loud. My last 9k had the jt system with one muffler and a cat. Now my current 9k has no cat and one muffler (jt full system too) and I haven't really noticed a difference at all

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
TSLMember

Two more quick questions. How long should it take for a Saab mechanic to install? And how long should it last, as it's aluminum and not stainless steel?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

its not aluminum, its aluminized steel. it'll rust. on my c900 i painted mine with header paint before i installed it and it helped. my 9k has a 2 muffler JT with no cat and with the windows up and AC on you would never know there is an exhaust on it.
1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Turbo
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
Elder

I had a first version JT 3" with 1 mufflers and cat - sounded great. Current setups same way - but they have this but ugly tail pipe finisher - I'd personally cut it off and install something with style or taste and sell the one you remove on ebay to some Honda owner...
My current system is the from 1/2 of an early JT system with a 3" catco cat and a Magnaflow straight through no baffle muffler - that's it - rest is all 3" pipe custom bent. I should have gotton stainless b/c it's all rusty after 3 years of use.... I will prolly buy a JT when this goes and do exactly what I said above. FYI - muffler cost me $100, cat cost $40 and DP i had from previous system - pipes and labor were another $500 cash. My total sustem cost me $640 installed. Had I bought a JT I could have installed myself for what - same price?
for your repair needs
Old 05-11-2010, 03:56 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I had a JT on my 95 Aero, 2 muffler, no cat. Wasn't really loud at all and didn't drone. I had it for a long time up and its found a home on another car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
Elder

Its cheap

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=205
Old 05-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
I had a JT on my 95 Aero, 2 muffler, no cat. Wasn't really loud at all and didn't drone. I had it for a long time up and its found a home on another car.
Would you be interested in installing it for whatever you think is fair
Old 12-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
SAABeginner

Does anyone have a jt catless turboback for 2000 9-5 aero forsale starting to build up my car finally?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:40 AM   #12
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

your in the 9000 threads bro totally different car. Ask someone in the WANTED thread. Although it was just asked last week by another new member and no one has one. If a used 3'' system pops up on here for a 9-5 its usually gone in the 1st 30 mins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in