DI/APC to T5 Conversion to T5Suite - Page 9 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9000

Performance Modifications for the 9000 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Saab 9000. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #161
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Konig Racing Seats

Was in the market for seats, and came across some sweet looking (fake) Brides

https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37664

but decided against fake shit in my car so I opted for these ones. German made, missing the sliders, so I'm gonna fab some up with some racing seat sliders, going to hunt some down on ebay. These seats have a black faux suede finish and are in impeccable condition. They're reclining and have a lumbar adjustment. The blue material will probably be dyed to the car's exterior color and might make the centers match as well, don't know yet. They weigh maybe 20-30 lbs/each and look and feel real solid. Sat in them while on the floor and seem to have a really snug fit. Might even put one in my 97 Aero, since there is no right or left, we'll see. Never mind the cheap, ugly, background cars in my garage. J/K

Seller wanted $500 but paid $350 Canadian.

Will post pics when installed in the summer.

Model # SK5000G

http://www.koenig-usa.com/sport_5000.html

Pics:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #162
Elder

so what did they come out of?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #163

^ No clue a Porsche maybe?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #164
TSLMember

ok i have t5 out of a 1996 9000 cse installed in my 91 9000 my trionic box is from a 96 cs. my car runs but i need to know who is experiencing what with the crank sensor wheel i have mine on the crank pully and set on the 20th slot.my car was missfireing a lot and i went through alot of diag and came down to timing issue so i unbolted the bracket for the sensor while the car was running and moved it down about 2-3 slots car started running alot better.. so my question is what slot should the sensor be on with the engine at TDC and my second question is does trionic 5.2 and 5.5 have different settings for where the sensor is
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #165
SAABeginner

Tell please. That is required for installation Trionic 5.2 TCS instead of jetronic 2.4.2 TCS.

saab 9000 CS, Jetronic 2.4.2, b234l, 200, turbo. TCS.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #166

sooo how did this car end up running and driving ? what stage did you get it too on t5suite? i'd love to see a quick vid of this thing on the road if its still alive.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #167
Elder

I don't know if it ever ran because Adshaft dropped off the face of the earth.... BUT I used a lot of his research for my conversion, so it's pretty solid info..... IIRC White9000talladega Did the swap using the same 91-93 engine that Adshaft was intent on using.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #168
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
As an update, i recently figured out how to make the DI/apc CPS work with t5. So this process gets a lot easier.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #169
TSLMember

Mike, I'd love to hear how you can make it work. I just started the preliminary steps of doing a Jetronic 2.4.2 to Trionic 5.2 conversion (and will be writing a thread with some stuff that I need to be clarified), but if I can do 5.5 without having to modify the CPS that would be much better.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #170

^ Yeah Mike, that is a hell of a lot easier if you managed to make it work. Do you have info on the wiring hook-up in your thread? Would love to know how you did it and if there are any mods done to the pulley etc... beats that pita cps positioning bs altogether. Waiting to hear from you.
Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #171
Elder

No updates to the CPS setup needed for di/apc cars. Litterally you just need to add two wires to the T5 ECU plug, and reflash the t5.2 ecu to match.. Or double a 5.2 bin, flash to a 5.5 ecu, and watch it run!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #172
SAABeginner

I would like to hear about this new method as well. I have a few 91-93 engines and a few Trionic 5.5 boxes layin around.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #173
Elder

see "how to t5 a c900 the easy way" the process is basicly the same for 9ks
Old 10-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #174
SAABeginner

In that thread you're talking about welding and machine work / adding a timing wheel. Is that the right one? I wanted to hear about faking a T5.2 setup using a doubled bin like you mentioned a few comments up. Is it as simple as finding the '93 pinout and adding pins that aren't included in the '94 ECU plug, then flashing?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_lee View Post
In that thread you're talking about welding and machine work / adding a timing wheel. Is that the right one? I wanted to hear about faking a T5.2 setup using a doubled bin like you mentioned a few comments up. Is it as simple as finding the '93 pinout and adding pins that aren't included in the '94 ECU plug, then flashing?

Suppose you want to T5 a '91 9000 Turbo, but don't want to fabricate new CPS stuff. You'd want to use a T5.2 ECU because its the only Trionic-based ECU designed to use with the "old" CPS hardware.

However, T5.2 ECUs are hard to find because they only came on '93 9000 Turbos.

T5.5 ECUs are much easier to find. Doubling the BIN is part of the technique used to "make" a T5.2 ECU out if a T5.5 ECU.

'91 9000CD Turbo, Auto, Iridium Blue
'91 9000T, 5MT, Tally Red (No-Start Project)
'92 9000T, 5MT, Black
'04 9-5 Wagon, Auto, Nocturne Blue
Old 01-31-2015, 08:30 AM   #176
SAABeginner

I have one question about CPS trigger wheel position that i didn't understand.

Putting it on crankshaft pulley, it is important to know in what position we fix it?

The trigger wheel have the same space in all holes except one big hole, that big hole should be positioned to a specific location? (rotating the trigger wheel on the pulley)
Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 AM   #177
Elder

which CPS style are you talking about?
Old 06-10-2016, 06:31 AM   #178
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Troup
I am gonna need some updates on this project
Old 06-11-2016, 05:56 AM   #179
Elder

Feel free to write me an email if i can help, ive done a few of these

[email protected]
Old 02-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #180
Elder

just reposting some info here for my own (later) reference, here is the pinout for to get a t5.5 harness, to run a t5.2/diapc style CPS

Pin 64 of the T5.5 ecu plug connects to the red wire from the CPS
Pin 40 connects to the green/red wire from the CPS
The BLACK wire from the CPS connects to the middle Pin of the T5.5 CPS plug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
t5 conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in