DI/APC to T5 Conversion to T5Suite - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9000

Performance Modifications for the 9000 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the Saab 9000. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #41
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
this looks like it will be a bit more involved then just the fueling end of the wireing harness....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #42
JK
Elder

They should be interchangable (the clusters).

I'm still also pretty damn sure a person can get away with just puting the trionic engine bay harness in there and get it to work no problem.

I've had no time to try it, but it really looks to me like it would probably work.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #43
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK View Post
They should be interchangable (the clusters).

I'm still also pretty damn sure a person can get away with just puting the trionic engine bay harness in there and get it to work no problem.

I've had no time to try it, but it really looks to me like it would probably work.
im sure that would run the car, however i was more concerned with if the Trip computer/ MPG display would still be compatible across the years
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 06-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #44
JK
Elder

Same connections on them, so I'd bet it would work.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #45
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

JK you're right, the 91 and 93 clusters are exactly alike and the 95 harness has the exact same plugs. So yes both 91 & 93 cluster fits to a 95 harness. Only problem I can see right now is the clucth/brake unit has the old style female connectors and my 95 has the new style male plugs (won't work).... weird thing is the 95 I looked at today has both the older style female & male connectors. That's probably my one of my biggest issues right now. Figured out probably 90% of the plugs so I made quite a bit of progress. Rain coming so work on hold for today.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #46
JK
Elder

I think you can get through all this. Afterall, if people are running trionic derived from 9000 harnesses on 8v and 16v c900s then you should be able to make it work on a 9000!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #47

Yeah I think my only real obstical will be getting all the little bits to make this work as it should. Good thing I've got a tech who has tons of parts which I can get for next to nothing. My stripped 93 is definitely coming in handy, will use lots of those needed parts to help the completion.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #48
TSLMember

Any luck in the BDM matter?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #49

Not yet my parallel port card that I fit in my computer was not held in with a screw so when removing the wire from the card it made my card move and somehow fried my mobo. Asus will see if they can fix it or give me a new one. Got an old laptop coming w/windows 95, will give it a shot with that one. Thanks Dilemma.

Adam
Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #50

Can anyone tell me what these plugs are for? they are all from the dash and under front seats.

1: Is this for an a/c sensor above passenger side's feet? If so what's the sensor called? Bulls eye?

2: Radio?

3:Top one is for window switch, what's the bottom on for? Amplifier?

4:Have no clue what this is....very long wire...

5:High end Speaker Audio?

6:CD?

7:Gotta be the alarm.

Thanks in advance
Adam
Old 06-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #51
Elder

The alarm module is located like behind the glove box. So if thats where it can fit....
Old 07-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #52

Took out the engine tonight. So I can start on doing all them hard to get to tasks. Never mind the dust car hasn't been driven in over 3 years now and it sitting in a very dusty warehouse.

Them being: tranny swap from auto to manual...new Spec Stage 2 clutch with lightened flywheel...MY95 ABS unit install...timing wheel installation w/CPS ...balance shaft deletion...install t5 harness and lots of other little things.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #53
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Nice motor raul.....just kidding

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #54

LOL Had to show off my new engine hoist, fed up of renting them, figured it'd be cheaper to just finally buy one. And yes my uh.. my front plate is the best on the net...Not
Old 07-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #55

Few updates on my project:

Removed the ABS pump unit to install the newer version (MY95) which has different plugs, booster and reservoir tank. Also need to swap out my gas/brake pedal unit to fit in my clutch/gas/brake pedal unit.
Disconnected the auto trans from engine, not suggested to lift alone, walking like a 90 year old who just pooped his pants. Prettied up the 93 Aero manual trans, installed the lightened flywheel. I used 2 washers per bolt behind the flywheel to compensate for the 4mm which was shaved off. It might not be needed but 16 washers is better than having to take out the trans all over again.
Deleting the balance shafts and putting new timing on the engine.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #56
Elder

Nice.

I hope while the trans was/is out you drill a hole for draining it.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #57

Yeah just gotta figure out where the best spot to drill and tap is. Any advice?

Will also use that drain hole as an oil out going into a small 12v switched motor/pump and have the oil passing through my trans oil cooler, back into the trans through the oil fill tube. Since my car already has the oil cooler figure why not use it and cool off my trans.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #58
Avid TSL User

what year did they start using a drain plug?

btw, i like the manual trans cooler idea. could prove to be the key to longevity.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #59

I don't think they used drain plugs, this would be a custom mod to help with trans oil changes.

Yeah that's what I was going for, longer I can keep from pulling out the trans the better. Hope it works out
Old 07-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #60
Avid TSL User

i could swear i read somewhere that saab started using drain plugs at some point in time. i know the earlier cars never had them.. does the manual just use 75-90? or does it use ATF like BMWs? if it takes gear oil, i highly reccomend Swepco. i've seen solid whp gains and much track abuse without issues. but for a manual trans that uses ATF, the Royal Purple Synchromax oil is awesome. great results in my last E30.

and if your gonna drill and tap a drain hole, be very cautious not to get metal shavings into the box. i'd drill at the lowest point on the box off to the side to avoid knicking a cog. and keep the pics coming!!! the more pics, the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
t5 conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in