Can I put an Aero clutch in my linear - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to keithg
Can I put an Aero clutch in my linear

I have an 02 linear 5sp. I am looking at clutch kits and from looking at the EPC, it seems that the flywheel, bell housing and slave are the same between the B235R and B345E, so I am guessing that the only difference is that the aero clutch is 0.5" larger in diameter. Can I put the Aero clutch in my linear? I am getting the slave/bearing for sure and probably a hand full of seals (rear main, transmission output shaft seals.

Also any list of 'while you are there' activities? I am looking at subframe bushings and am wondering if the urethane ones squeak. If they do, I am not interested.

KeithG
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

drop the pan/ new oil pump intake tube thing, sub frame bushings, plus any power steering hose leaks that you can find.

i beleive they both fit, the aero clutch is obivously stronger, but dont quote me on it. i dont know. ive only owned aero's

Last edited by LordScania; 12-11-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: opps
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
Should be fine. Just like in the 9-3s you can use the Viggen Clutch/PP in a regular 9-3.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Elder

Yes 100% compantible, NEVER use the LPT clutch, it looks liek it should be sued on a snow blower or lawn tractor

DO the slave CYL while you have it out ( as well as the bits mentioned above that are accessible while its out
Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
they are completely compatable, just make sure to have you flywheel plained before you install it, or the larger diamter disk will not seat right in the old, smaller diameter clutch grove.

also, i highly recommend you drop the pan while you are in there, its a super easy job with the transmission off of the car
Old 06-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

so a lpt clutch in an aero would just be a joke huh =P where and how much is the wero clutch ?
Old 06-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #7
Elder

Stock clutch is my Sachs so it may be cheaper than the Saab branded version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in