LSD - 95 lpt - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to tapper
LSD - 95 lpt

I'm looking into adding an lsd probably just a cheaper obx I'm not going to be racing or anything but everything I see says aero or viggen and f35/mu3 transmissions.. My box is an fm55 b05... Am I able to use the lsd even though it says aero if its the same year range?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Look into picking up a used LSD from a Cobalt SS box. It's the option code MU3 that you keep seeing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to tapper
So it will work in an 01 non aero then? Mahvelous

Old 08-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
srp
Elder

It should! https://www.saablink.net/forum/perfor...-9-3/57262.htm
Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
The car's trim level makes no diff. Yes you need a 9-5 or viggen lsd. And yes the stockers in the cobalt fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Keep on checking Craigslist and eBay. I recently scored an LSD and 4.45 final drive from out of a cobalt ss. Skip the obx ad hold out for the cobalt diff.

I probably got the eBay sellers info still. Seemed like he was able to get these parts without any difficulty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
srp
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Keep on checking Craigslist and eBay. I recently scored an LSD and 4.45 final drive from out of a cobalt ss. Skip the obx ad hold out for the cobalt diff.

I probably got the eBay sellers info still. Seemed like he was able to get these parts without any difficulty.

Do share...
Old 08-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
Do share...
jreiland5 was the seller.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

The first 2 years of ion's & cobalt transmissions actually say lsd on the trans tag & come with a real quaife. the later years with OEM saab made torsens do not say LSD but can easily be identified by looking through the axle hole. If you can see all the way through than its a torsen. most of those trans tags end in 6. I tried the Cobalt diffs "Installed" and sold a few 4-5 with no problems. I am currently running the obx. It works but its definitely not a DIY or even for a skilled trans guy. Basically its a pain in the ass, Doesn't fit without mods & not worth your time. "But yes it is a real working torsen" Just buy a real quaife or saab torsen & have a real saab trans or cobalt trans guy install it. Or you just wasted a ton of money.

OBXeum pics

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 08-19-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in