places to buy powerflex for 9-5's? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
places to buy powerflex for 9-5's?

I'm going to have to replace my LCA bushings... powerflex seems like the way to go.
anyone know where to get them here in the US? I keep coming up with UK vendors.

Thanks!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by g96nt View Post
I'm going to have to replace my LCA bushings... powerflex seems like the way to go.
anyone know where to get them here in the US? I keep coming up with UK vendors.

Thanks!!
Dude? Powerflex USA is Strait down 81, You could go pick them up if you wanted to. But they usually come almost next day with standard shipping. You Need the 52mm KitPowerflexUSA > Poly-Urethane: Volkswagen Suspension Bushings | Subaru Suspension Bushings | Mitsubishi Suspension Bushings | MINI Suspension Bushings - From PowerFlexUSA

Last edited by Harvey's Autohaus; 01-12-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Elder

Ugh... so pricey...

The subframe bushings? 180$? They are about 25$ each for stock and last a 100k miles.

To those that have done some of these: What bushings do you think give the best improvement for the money?

Last edited by NickTurbo900; 01-12-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
Ugh... so pricey...

The subframe bushings? 180$? They are about 25$ each for stock and last a 100k miles.

To those that have done some of these: What bushings do you think give the best improvement for the money?
The stock subframe bushings "Suck ASS" & are a Pain to Press in & Out, I Rip them out on a Regular basis & If your car has any Balls & You drive like a Sport, Well then the subrame kit from powerflex is the best thing I've found to hold any 95 with Power together.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
Elder

I replace the rearmost subframe bushings on 9-5's regularly (maybe 3 sets a month) and I can tell that you don't like them

I love them! and you will love me after I share this with you...

I lower the subframe a bit by half removing the front subframe bolts and completely removing the rear. I use an air hammer with a sharp chisel to remove and an appropriately sized socket and large air hammer punch to install. Using this method I remove and replace both in about 20 minutes total. I keep the stock of bushings in the freezer (also do the rear outboard control arm bushings this way too)

Try it!

Much vibration with the powerflexs? The cars I deal with are all stock power levels.

Last edited by NickTurbo900; 01-12-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #6

I used EBAY for all of mine. They shipped from Europe.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
I use partsforsaabs.com , they are in the UK, but even with shipping they usually wind up cheaper than power flex US. Weird...

Not sure what I'm going to do for my subframe bushes comes the spring... I think I would like to go power flex.

Last edited by Cark; 01-18-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
It looks like VIVA has them, up in NH.
But, since they're close, I'll probably take the trip to get them.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Definitely go with the Powerflex Bushings. My NG900 used to shake like a bat out of hell prior to installing them. Really makes a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in