Hirsch "clone" Performance Mods T25 Vband? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Elder

Hirsch "clone" Performance Mods T25 Vband?

As I mentioend in my Project thread its time to add some go to the show in my car.

I am getting a Big T28 built ( Hirsch models have a T25 but since I am slapping one on there I am going big in case I want to go moar power in the future

Adding a Drop in IC ( think Hirsch used a forge type unit but I will prolly go ETS)

I already have the 2.75" DP, sport cat and dual exhaust from Hirsch.

Everthing else is the same like the injectors whatnot. Now I can't get a Hirsch Cobra but I am thinking about trying to get the "king Cobra" Pipe Installed by welding a Vband flange on the intake side of the T25 turbo but not sure if that's a viable option, any advice?

Last edited by jssaab; 10-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
there is very little space off the compressor to fit the king cobra pipe, hence why the TD04 compressor housing needs to be milled back 15mm to make room for it. Your best bet would be to have the T25 compressor housing milled to fit the king cobra pipe. I don't think you'd have enough room to weld on a flange...

here is a good shot showing a TD04 housing for a normal cobra pipe, and the milled back version for the "king cobra"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Elder

The T25 housing is flat, completely, there is no flange at all, the turbo is actually a little thinner than the Mitsubishi, the King cobra will fit easily if I can jsut get a way to faten it to the front of the turbo.

The T25 in my 2000 actually is TOO FAR from the amm hose and I have to add to it, so I know there is enough room, I am just trying to see if I can weld a flange onto the turbo housing or if it cannot be done.

If not I will grind the King Cobra down flat and screw it on some how like the T25 inlet is

Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Elder

You should be able to weld to it, but I would be concerned about warping the compressor housing
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Why not make a coupler? V-band on one side and the two bolt flange on the other?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG-GASM View Post
Why not make a coupler? V-band on one side and the two bolt flange on the other?
Been looking at that and will do if I can get enough space to open it up to port to the compressor.

And thanks will not weld do to warping, was wondering about that as an option I guess not,
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

The easy way out is a tight turn Rubber hose. Its not under any pressure. I have some old HKS elbow from a build from the 90's "Good old stock" i relieved the ac compressor bracket a little so it fit "Smoother"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in