Bilstein sport shocks and struts? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 AM  
TSLMember

Bilstein sport shocks and struts?

Has any tried the Bilstein Sports? I'm only seeing people that have used the HD's on here
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM  
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joka646 View Post
Has any tried the Bilstein Sports? I'm only seeing people that have used the HD's on here
Got em, love em...paired with H&R springs

'02 9-5 Aero 5spd
'08 9-3 Turbo X
'08 9-5 Aero
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:58 AM  
TSLMember

Were new springs necessary?

Old 07-29-2012, 05:54 AM  
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
the sports are meant to be used in combination with lowering springs... they are not made for stock ride height springs.

If you are keeping stock springs you need to go with the touring or HD's.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 AM  
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
the sports are meant to be used in combination with lowering springs... they are not made for stock ride height springs.

If you are keeping stock springs you need to go with the touring or HD's.
not to threadjack ,

but opinion on touring or HDs being an upgrade to stock Aero? i dont wanna lower it but would consider new shocks
Old 07-29-2012, 07:08 AM  
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
not to threadjack ,

but opinion on touring or HDs being an upgrade to stock Aero? i dont wanna lower it but would consider new shocks
Just do the rears. It's pretty rare to see blown front 9-5 shocks. Rears on the other hand...
Old 07-29-2012, 07:12 AM  
TSLMember

Ahhh it's all so clear now lol, well for the price being about the same and not wanting to lower my car due to 100 mile Roundtrip commute to work which would u recommend the Bilstein or konis also I didn't see the touring ones on the site I'll have to recheck
Old 07-29-2012, 07:13 AM  
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
not to threadjack ,

from what I understand, the touring are meant to be an OEM "replacement", they are more forgiving and very comparable to the stock shocks. The HD's are meant to be an upgrade, being that they are stiffer and more performance oriented.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 AM  
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to brewtide
I've run em (bilstein sports) in both a 9-3 with vig springs and my current 9-5 aero wagon on stock 'aero' springs. They seem perfectly fine in my opinion. I figure that the 'aero' / vig springs are a 'drop' from factory, as opposed to a LPT or a standard 9-3 ride height... ie, they are 'lower' than the normal factory.

I've had zero issue with them and they rebound great. I did run them , originally, on the 9-3 (se) with stock SE springs, and on 'choppy' roads, they made the entire car 'skiff' around the surface -- Vig springs took care of this issue...

-Benjamin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in