Upper intercooler pipes any interest? - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #41
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
So, you're saying that you'd prefer to cut, and solder wires in an engine bay, after taking hours to research the pinning of a wire harness/ECU

...Than unclip the master connector from the ECU, and the 10 or so connectors in the engine bay and replace it. Have you ever SEEN the 9-5 engine harness, or are you being general, based on other cars?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
Elder

No contest there for me. Absolutely I'd clip two plugs and solder one in their place vs. ripping out and replacing an entire engine harness. What kind of question is that? lol

Of course, if you think it's hard reading and understanding a wiring diagram and you don't know how to do a good job at soldering or don't have the right tools...well, actually, then shucks, you shouldn't really be swapping a harness either. That'd almost be like tuning and repeatedly blowing up customer cars without understanding a compressor map, but, you know stuff like that goes on every day.

edit: And I've SEEN a harness so I guess I'm qualified craig. Here's what a full 9-5 harness looks like, without the engine harness, btw

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 01-24-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #43
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g96nt View Post
So, you're saying that you'd prefer to cut, and solder wires in an engine bay, after taking hours to research the pinning of a wire harness/ECU

...Than unclip the master connector from the ECU, and the 10 or so connectors in the engine bay and replace it. Have you ever SEEN the 9-5 engine harness, or are you being general, based on other cars?
im talking a very general view here, as if this wasnt my car but my customers car. who after i fix this, i never want to see again, so yes i have seen it, as well at taken it apart. re-pinning something takes all of five minutes, all you need is a criming tool. plus there are already 5 wires running from the ecu to said sensors so if i need to add a wire then im only running ONE extra wire and if i only need 4 then i just grab one end and pull.

im not knocking your method, i just have my own way of doing things.

can anyone comfirm that i can switch the old sensors for the new sensors. id like to tackle this project this weekend. and if not can any one make a copy of WIS for me?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #44
SAABeginner

id like a set for 04 if possible !
Old 04-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #45
TSLMember

Quite a high cost for something that is only for making the engine bay look a bit better. Plus changing the sensors is too much a pain for no gains in power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #46
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
Quite a high cost for something that is only for making the engine bay look a bit better. Plus changing the sensors is too much a pain for no gains in power.
i gained a ton of power by switching to the new style sensors. then again my old sensors where intermittently failing and sending bad readings.

as for something that doesnt make any difference in HP i only ordered an upper IC pipe because it came with two lower pipes and a drop in FMIC for $700... so for $200 more than a ETS you get all the piping from PFS.com... you cant go wrong with that
Old 04-16-2014, 02:35 AM   #47
SAABeginner

you mean you re-gained "a ton" of power
did you check openSID or some other logging tool to notice the intermittent failure?

The PFS kit, is that their "BIG-SAAB95" kit? It's 624 EUR so that's more like 860 USD plus shipping I'd figure another 100-200 and maybe even customs... So.... not as good as a deal as you make it, imho.

Also the IC hose kit that came with your PFS kit is already 330, the IC is 430 if you buy them separate.. yes, that's Euros. The ETS is only 560$ or so at GS... that's 410 Euros, which is CHEAPER than the PFS "do88"... what- or whoever that is Plus shipping (ETS being in the US, PFS in EU).

That said.. How do you like it? If it wasn't as expensive, I would consider it..

edit: I stand corrected, do88.se seems to be a reputable manufacturer for EU parts..
also the kit on PFS is 100 Euro cheaper than on do88.se themselves.

Last edited by renizer; 04-16-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in