Ecuproject and USB BDM device - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM  
TSLMember

Ecuproject and USB BDM device

Hey,

I am having a hell of a time with reading my .bin file from my Ecu. I can't find a driver for my device (I think this is the only problem).

Can anyone give me some insight on this issue. Here is a pic of my device.

I have been using t7suite, and the bdmtool software, I can't connect to the device itself (just a driver?) I have tried installing the drivers located here, in the first post .zip, to no avail:

USB BDM adapter: news and updates (part II)

Do I need to physically be connected to my ecu (powered w/ bdm pins attached) to just use the software and connect to the usbbdm? I figured it would connect and recognize the device first, then I can simply hook up the ecu and then read/write/copy etc.

and for some darn reason, I can't post or anything on ecuproject.com , its pretty rediculous. I have membership, but apparently limited privileges. If you have any tips on this problem (posting on ecuproject), it would be almost as good as helping me with my bdm device

Thanks so much for your time.

Mike

PS: and a little eye candy for your viewing pleasure !

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 AM  
TSLMember

Ok, I now have a full access to ecuproject , yay!

I should be good from here, thanks for reading!

I will update if i figure out anything

Mike
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 AM  
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
Are you having any success? ( I see you just posted, so no need to rush a reply.)

FWIW, that's a different BDM than I have. I use it for T5, and have never tried it for T7, but I assumed it would work, as it simply would connect to the header pins soldered into either board.
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold

Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 AM  
TSLMember

Send a message via AIM to KaMiKaZi_t0M
I use a USB BDM from johnc on ECUProject, I'm not sure if that one will work... please keep us updated. I've also used a "deltawave Serial to BDM" with success.
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in