Saab Link Forums banner

T7 and W/M injection?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Green9kAERO 
#1 ·
I feel like this is an incredibly stupid question, But I remember reading about a Viggen owner running a Snow Performance W/M kit, and having to remove it because it was making the car run poorly. It makes no sense to me, but It is the only reference i have of a T7 Saab running W/M.

Is there any reason why i cannot? I have a Kit sitting on the shelf that i was planning to install in my 9000, but it got totaled before i could do so. I don't intend to get tuned for it, because i don't want to worry about running out of juice and detonating, and I would be using it to assist in burning this shitty 91 oct. crap we have in my neck of the woods.

#2 ·
We found after spending a day on the dyno with a stg+ Viggen and aquamist mapping it with the Uhrs from Sweden that the water/meth showed up as knock, only way around it was killing knock control a seriously bad idea.

I tried it when my viggen was almost new. Fought the same thing. It never really made more power. Fitting a larger intercooler cured the charge temp knock sensitivity and had the added benefit of better flow and charge density making lots more power on lower boost.. the lower boost makes less heat and further lowers back pressure and knock sensitivity.. See where I am going here?

#3 ·
That makes sense. You were not the Viggen owner I was referencing, Although I cannot seem to find the post.
I remember reading that his Viggen liked W/M Stock, and when he tuned it to stage 3 he had to remove the W/M because it made the car run shitty, which made little sense to me.

thanks for your reply, I guess my W/M kit is going into the Turbo Miata:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.