Opinions? Best performance upgrades for a couple thousand dollars. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Arrow Opinions? Best performance upgrades for a couple thousand dollars.

So, i have a 2002 95 Aero (unfortunately an automatic) that is completely stock with 118000 miles, the previous owner was a little old lady lol. I am currently looking into performance upgrades, but Im not exactly rich, I have a few thousand dollars in savings that's id like to put into my car, so I was wondering, what are some upgrades that I can do for minimum cost and max performance gain. I'm already thinking about either the OBX or BSR/Simmons exhaust and the genuine saab open air intake. So anyone else know of any other relatively easy relatively inexpensive modifications?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
The tuning bug is one that bites hard and usually leaves you with empty pockets. It's a slippery slope that once you begin to go down things just get more expensive and tend to break more often. Depending how far you do down this road you may come to find you auto trans becomes a major barrier as it will not cope with high torque levels.

Starting point is definitely intake and exhaust, and an ECU tune.

First thing is first though, make sure the car is running 100% to begin with. A nice tune up and checking all your sensors goes a long way. Also consider brake and suspension upgrades to handle to extra go.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
Elder

DId you chekc for sludge? andy car that was nto run much to operationg temp is at risk... before you do anything and chnage to PCV #6

Old 08-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to HIDSPG
Intercooler. By far the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #5

1) BSR/Simons exhaust
2) better flowing FMIC
3) downpipe and cat
4) tune..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
aero, cheap, mods, performance, upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in