Big Brembos, Tiny Budget. - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #61
Flirting With TSL Addiction

damn they look good on the floor or the 9-5. nice find and great build
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #62
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post

just gotta make brackets for the calipers. no different than putting any other custom or aftermarket caliper on (actually it's harder since these calipers are not radial mount. something like this: Wilwood High Performance Disc Brakes - Caliper Product Number: 120-11329 would be easier to make brackets for)
I have the plans for a set of adapters that were used to fit 14 inch caddy brembos/rotors.

issues are i never was able to verify how similar the majority of brembos are in bolt spacing, and if the 9-5 caliper bolt spacing is equal to viggens/9-3's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:32 AM   #63
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
99-01 9-5s use the same as the 9-3s. Those brakes swap back and forth all day long. It was the 02 and ups that shared components with 9-3ss cars.

Also still waiting on my lugs shop says back ordered, H&R says no they aren't. Giving him another week then canceling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 07-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #64
Elder

ok so then it would just be down to figuring out how many brembo calipers use the same bolt spacing and possibly adjusting the design.

lemme know if anyone wants to do the leg work, maybe ill share the cnc plans.

also, - turner motorsports is a good place to get lugs (can get black anodized) also you might not need new lugs for 5mm spacers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #65
Elder

Pacotaco is running the 5mm with stock lugs, gets about 4 turns. I did the same experiment and H&R recomend at least 6.5 turns.

I will try your source for them, I would love to put some matching black brembos on the ass end.
Quote:
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #66
Elder

They have been on for a few days, no major issues. I just said fuck it and am using the stock lugs. When the longer ones come in, they come in.

1 side I didn't have the bleeders tight enough.

The dust shield is scraping a little bit. But that should be an easy fix. (It wasn't and isn't see below and info on post 1.)

Otherwise pretty easy and sweet set up.

I think I will order 1 inch longer hoses, I need more length between the bracket for the spindle and where it meets the caliper. I ran the line in the twin slot for the abs cable, but dont trust it there for long term.
Quote:

Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 07-20-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #67
Elder

As I learn and live with these, I am finding out more things.

The Centric Rotors on the car are pretty thick. I had to take a file and file down some of the caliper meat. The inside surface of the rotor was making contact with portions of the caliper bracket. I also used a large file and removed a little material in 4 spots where the pads slide, along with a little grinding wheel action on the corresponding edges of the pads.
Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #68
Avid TSL User

sooo the cobalt brembos don't fit the 98-01 9-5?
Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #69
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
Correct.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #70

See if Nick Taliaferro will fab up a set of billet aluminum brackets for you that will allow you to use Porsche 993 calipers with the 318mm rotors from the Saab 9-3SS Aero (2006+)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in