BSR/Simmons Cat back. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
BSR/Simmons Cat back.

Just ordered up the dual Simmons/BSR exhaust from Taliaferro, but it needs to come in so I have a 3 week wait.

Also have plans to get in the JSP intercooler I am getting from Jay Jay, and some T5 cams out of my 9-3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations

Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 02-17-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Good pick up a 3 inch cat so i can cut & flange this pipe to fit the "Death Waggon"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Elder

Have one already, but I think my dumbass left it int he SPG in NY. Maybe not. I left some exhaust part in it.

That girl mine in the middle?

When you wanna get the 79?
Quote:
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations

Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Have one already, but I think my dumbass left it int he SPG in NY. Maybe not. I left some exhaust part in it.

That girl mine in the middle?

When you wanna get the 79?
When do you want to get your Ride Hooked up? Do you want to do it all at one time or do the intercooler/exhaust first? Then the diff? I need to take a ride down to see this thing, As well as introduce you to a Nice VA girl that Bags the bodies before you get them.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Elder

You guys talk funny over on that side of the country....

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
Elder

Would love to meet her, tall with black hair?

Let me know when you wanna come down. I think getting the easy bits on will work, might have to save up for the diff.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
You guys talk funny over on that side of the country....
I think there is a Bromance in the works - lots of pipe talk and bodies in bags and such.

Oh - and that 9-5 is going to be sick. lol Tinted windows getting done? It's going to need them for the Death Mobile to be complete.
for your repair needs
Old 02-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

These are pretty good exhaust systems...they do tend to rust, so will need to painted every other year.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 AM   #9
Elder

K, update. It was stuck getting to Talliaferro's for a little bit longer and then I didn't have the spare cash available till recently.

Install on Sat went as follows.

Stock exhaust came off very easily. It was all one piece with only 2 13mm nuts at the flexpipe joint. And 5 hangers. I slide the center resonator back, and while lying on the garage floor braced the rear muffer with my knees slid it back to release the forward hanger and forward for the 2 rears. No suspension in the way like a c900, 900/9-3.

The 2 confusing bits, as seen in this pic, (also resonator and Y pipe are upside down.)

are the long silver tube and the extra hanger. You can see them they are the foremost parts.

The long silver tube is a hanger extension, it goes on the LH muffler hanger but on the innermost side.

The extra hanger goes on the opposite side, it tried different ways of orienting it, and settled on it faxing backwards.

My application did not use the 2 hangers on the rear of the resonator.

It was a bit of a fight to get things connected, but I am confident everything is oriented correctly.

I do need to really get the car up on the lift and examine the clamps and trim the rear bumber more. The RH new muffler seems to be a little twisted clockwise when looking at if from the back and has an overall sag to it.

The overall impression is that the car is just as quiet as with the stock exhaust. The site claims a 50% reduction in back pressure. I am thinking of cutting off the flange from the stock echaust and welding in a stainless straight pipe with a fitting at the rear for the Y tube. And seeing what kind of burble I can create.
Quote:

Last edited by Tweek's Turbos; 10-31-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:04 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey's Autohaus View Post
? I need to take a ride down to see this thing, As well as introduce you to a Nice VA girl that Bags the bodies before you get them.

Funny story, this meeting did not go over well, and I have a mild binge drinking problem. And yes, Burnsy I think tint is something that can be done sooner than later.
Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
Elder

Sweet - I need to locate a useable used 9-3 Sport or BSR exhaust for the new vert. It also could use a stage 2 EPL tune Anyone got a spare Viggen IC they don't want? Worth the time?
for your repair needs
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #12
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
I've been looking at this exhaust as well. Sad to hear it doesn't have much burble to it. Are the mufflers straight through? If not, maybe it will grow up some after some the the sound insulation wears.

Once you add the down pipe, the sound may liven up some as well.

I tinted mine over the summer. 35% on the sides and 15% out back. It's just about right, and doesn't get any extra attention from the police. I wish it were a tad darker, but my tint guy only had 35% and 15%. Once thing that sucks, only having one reverse light blows at night, especially with tinted windows.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #13
Elder

Nice looking exhaust! Yea its somewhere on the list for the wagon.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 11-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42 View Post
Sweet - I need to locate a useable used 9-3 Sport or BSR exhaust for the new vert. It also could use a stage 2 EPL tune Anyone got a spare Viggen IC they don't want? Worth the time?

I do, I'm looking for $150 for it and the hoses.
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in