B&G Springs + Koni Yellows...where to adjust - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
SAABeginner

B&G Springs + Koni Yellows...where to adjust

Hey Guys,

So my Koni Yellows arrived today and the B&G springs came last week. I get them on next weekend and I'm pretty excited...really excited.

The concern I have is in regards to the Koni's adjustability. I want a comfortable ride while also taking advantage of the Koni abilities.

How should I set them? Firmest all a round? Softest all around? In the middle? Firmer up front while softer in the back?

Let me know what you think please
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I have mine set to what could be considered 60% firm in the front & 80% firm rear on my wagon, but thats my preferance, & I'm very happy with it. From what I understand full firm will rattle your brain on every bump. But I can't imagine full soft would be any better of a ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 9-5 Aero 5pd Stg 3 Wagon
1990 900 Convertible
2007 Cbr600

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Koni Yellows are only adjustable in rebound.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
Elder

I always had mine set to 90% firm on the front and 100% full firm in the rear on my ng900 to get nice balance through the turns and to dial out the understeer the car had. I didn't find the ride quality to be that bad though because my 370z on stock shocks and springs is firmer.

|
|
Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #5

For daily use I have 1 full turn up from full soft.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Mine are set to full soft and the ride is quite comfortable. Problem I have with full soft is that with the lowering springs, the car does bottom out now and then over big bumps or tight low speed turns.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidas_007 View Post
I have mine set to what could be considered 60% firm in the front & 80% firm rear on my wagon, but thats my preferance, & I'm very happy with it. From what I understand full firm will rattle your brain on every bump. But I can't imagine full soft would be any better of a ride.
Could I see pix of your car?

Thanks guys, still not sure what I'm going to do.

More experiences are def' welcome
Old 10-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #8

https://www.saablink.net/forum/album.php?albumid=108
& cardomain in my sig.
I know I need more

2004 9-5 Aero 5pd Stg 3 Wagon
1990 900 Convertible
2007 Cbr600

Old 10-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #9
SAABeginner

So the B&G springs and Koni yellows are installed. I preached the rear springs on the higher level and set the konis to 60% firm (both front and rear).

The ride is awesome but I'm not to impressed with the drop.
It really doesn't seemed to be any lower... Seems to be only mm lower. It was supposed to be a 1.6" drop, to think I was worried about it being too low.

I'm told the springs will settle, so we'll wait and see.

I'll have before and after pictures up soon.

Last edited by tutti; 10-23-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in