Maptun Coilover kit 2002+ ?!!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Maptun Coilover kit 2002+ ?!!!

Ok fellas has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.maptun.com/shopProduct.ph...21&cg=834&car=

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
zef
TSLMember

Now I have. That looks cool.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Elder

that is slick

Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Looks like a XYZ kit from Taiwan. They have been asking for buyers just like Winner power a few years back.

http://xyzsuspension.com/main2.html

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 09-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Nex...

Actually, these are developed by neobrothers with Nex
http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/adjusta...09-p-1067.html

I looked at them a lot, but then went with Hirsch suspension kit.

Never heard of anyone to actually use them
Old 10-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by av_dumitrascu View Post
Actually, these are developed by neobrothers with Nex
http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/adjusta...09-p-1067.html
Ok so I did some googling...apparently they are made by the same Taiwanese manufacturing company that makes all these cheap kits. There are stories all over the other car forums about them failing and in some cases the shock breaking in half. I guess you get what you pay for. I really, really thought Maptun would have a more reputable company making the products they peddle. Disappointing.

|
Old 10-06-2010, 03:10 AM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroJ View Post
Ok so I did some googling...apparently they are made by the same Taiwanese manufacturing company that makes all these cheap kits. There are stories all over the other car forums about them failing and in some cases the shock breaking in half. I guess you get what you pay for. I really, really thought Maptun would have a more reputable company making the products they peddle. Disappointing.
seems guys using them on SAAB (very few, thou) are quite happy with the product...there are some feed-backs on SC on these coilovers. Maybe they are as happy with the NEX coilovers like I am more than happy with WP PRO 336mm front 330mm rear 6 pot brakes
it all depends on the expectations and experience, after all!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #8
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by av_dumitrascu View Post
seems guys using them on SAAB (very few, thou) are quite happy with the product...there are some feed-backs on SC on these coilovers. Maybe they are as happy with the NEX coilovers like I am more than happy with WP PRO 336mm front 330mm rear 6 pot brakes
it all depends on the expectations and experience, after all!
True, it is subjective; I'm, hearing better feedback from the k-sport kits in general, although I don't know of anyone with a k-sport kit on a 9-5. My buddy has a k-sport coilover kit installed on his M5 and he loves it. I've driven the car and it corners very flat with factory sway bars and the ride comfort is better than mine is and I've got H&R springs and konis set fairly soft.

Good to hear you are happy with the WP pro setup because I have the front and rear setup as well that I need to install....

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in