Maptun Catback??? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 AM   #1
TSLMember

Maptun Catback???

Im getting ready to order the Maptun catback exhaust, one becuase the exchange rate is not to bad right now and im ready for stage3. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on how the exhaust sounds. Also do you think ill have any issue bolting it up to the genuine saab downpipe they make?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Luke Duke spending the big bucks.

I don't know much about this catback.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
TSLMember

Thats the problem... no body could afford to get the puppy over here to hear how she sounds.

Expensive to ship oerseas

Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #4
TSLMember

Yeah im going for the quality but not because i want to. Because i have too. I tried to order all the stuff for stage3 from genuinesaab. Then i get a call an hour later saying all of there catbacks are on backorder for 2 months. So i can not wait that long. So im ordering the catback today i think. I believe its around $175 to ship it here. O well. Then ill also order the DP and Nordic from genuinesaab because they do have that in stock.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremethrottle View Post
Yeah im going for the quality but not because i want to. Because i have too. I tried to order all the stuff for stage3 from genuinesaab. Then i get a call an hour later saying all of there catbacks are on backorder for 2 months. So i can not wait that long. So im ordering the catback today i think. I believe its around $175 to ship it here. O well. Then ill also order the DP and Nordic from genuinesaab because they do have that in stock.
Honestly,

With the Mastermind Dileema's progress... Either rewrite your binary for stage 3 or have a reputable tuner slap a tune on your car.

JZW Tuning comes to mind...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #6
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

He wont do it.

I have tried to tell him about JZW but he thinks Nordic is more reputable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #7
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
He wont do it.

I have tried to tell him about JZW but he thinks Nordic is more reputable.
I prefer to have the ability to be in close contact via, telephone and the web with my tuner for major modifications to the binary

I also love an NEED the feedback of the SIDI, I have not ever heard of this being opened up any major branded tunes

Knock count per cyl, # of filtered missfires, eng temp, air temp, rpm for pulls over 7k, mass of air entering motor,

dude I could really go on for hours,

you can watch 6 parameters with a newer binary at once..... you can even hook up an EGT probe and get it to read out and also plug up a wibeband 02 and get feedback. (serious t7suite hack not for noobs...spend a year following makkan's ever word on ecuproject and you'll figure it out)

I have a 7"screen in my car and with gps, and multimedia capabilities with a great sound system..

I can plug my laptop up to the DB9 connector use the canusb to connect through t7suite and then send the video to the video in on the screen...

SO then i can instantly be scrolling through the info on the sidi and get knock map feedback right infront of your face!!!!

seriously dude rethink the investment and suite that sucker!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #8
TSLMember

Ok, So after the convo on the phone i think im going to go JZW. Someone hook me up with some info about him.

Last edited by xtremethrottle; 06-10-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
TSLMember

Just got off the phone with John and looks like thats the route i will be going. Thanks Pressly and Mike for the Info. Stage 3 in two week maybe three and stage5 in the spring LOL
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #10
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Nice dude, so you talked to him?

Nice guy right?

Quote:
Old 06-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #11
Elder

If you need info on JZW do a search on this site. he also has testimonials on his site. People seem very happy with his software and his personabiliy. Do a full 3 inch exhaust so youll be ready for bigger HP gains above "stage 3"
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
TSLMember

Yeah i talked to John. Wicked nice guy. Answered all my questions and shot the sh** for a couple.

The Maptun Catback is a 3" exhaust and then im doing the 3" DP so ill be all set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in