upgrades for the 9-5 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

upgrades for the 9-5

Hi!

Time to start tinkering to my other SAAB...a 9-5 Aero MY2004...
I need your advise regarding the exhaust: I am looking for a full 3" exhaust, including downpipe, sport cat and 3" cat-back, with an oval tail-pipe.

Any ideas? Products? Links?

Also, anyone here uses the Koni FSD on the 9-5 Aero?
Feed-backs?

Thansk!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #2

Maptuned !!!

I`ve just been Maptuned at Stage 3
some 285HP and 440Nm!!!

Now I must upgrade the suspension (this is a must, since my rear really ran as it wished today) and the exhaust. I need a 3" full exhaust, with sport cat. A silent set-up is what I want, not too loud....

Any ideas?

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0798.jpg (392.0 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by av_dumitrascu; 06-07-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Well, I don't know about too many full systems other that the JT for this car. I have the BSR catback and it is freaking quiet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
running stage 3 software with no exhaust might cause some issues.

get an exhaust, and intake, and intercooler. and suspension. and LSD. and tires...and........
Old 06-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #5

exhaust & suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggenkid View Post
running stage 3 software with no exhaust might cause some issues.

get an exhaust, and intake, and intercooler. and suspension. and LSD. and tires...and........
Oh, my...been there, done that, with my 9-3 vert
I will keep the 9-5 Aero like this...and btw, it`s an automatic, so no LSD for the gearbox. Also, the tires are 225/45/17 Vredestein Ultrac, so I`m set here.

I really don`t need an intercooler or a better intake for this stage 3 (which is final on the 9-5), but I really need the exhaust and the suspension mods.

Still pondering about a Koni FSD kit...but the springs are sooo bouncy
Would the Koni FSD work with lowering springs? If "yes", what lowering springs should I take, for a 9-5 Aero 2004 sedan?
Thanks!

P.S. Since it`s a city car, no high revs for the time being...so I hope no problems for the turbo until I change the exhaust If anyone knows more, please chime in!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by av_dumitrascu View Post
Oh, my...been there, done that, with my 9-3 vert
I will keep the 9-5 Aero like this...and btw, it`s an automatic, so no LSD for the gearbox. Also, the tires are 225/45/17 Vredestein Ultrac, so I`m set here.

I really don`t need an intercooler or a better intake for this stage 3 (which is final on the 9-5), but I really need the exhaust and the suspension mods.

Still pondering about a Koni FSD kit...but the springs are sooo bouncy
Would the Koni FSD work with lowering springs? If "yes", what lowering springs should I take, for a 9-5 Aero 2004 sedan?
Thanks!

P.S. Since it`s a city car, no high revs for the time being...so I hope no problems for the turbo until I change the exhaust If anyone knows more, please chime in!
UH you really need an exhaust NOW... you are pulling hugh EGTs with that set up ( and not IC and intake) so I woudl stay off WOT until you get the exhaust.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #7
TSLMember

Stage 3 nut no DP

Well at this rate you are on th eway to melting either piston 3 or 4 and will have $3-6k if you do not go ahead and get a Downpipe on the car to alleviate those high EGT and proneness to detonation.

Koni FSD + H&R springs= great combo... there is a guy over the pond who uses them on his dd in a town with coble-stone roads with no commplaints..

I have koni soprts and h&R springs great drop...greast ride couldnt be happier..

Get your hardware sorted before you get tooo mod crazy...

intake,3" DP and atleast BSR 2.5 catbak exh, wideband o2, oil pressure and boost gauge and replace all vacuum lines on the car and you should be humming along in no time
that way you dont have to go SERVICE crazy on her

Cheers,
will
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #8

get SAS sways when you do your suspension. It's well worth it and you'll save yourself an alignment.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 AM   #9

just got my FSD's installed, the ride is much more taught than before with my worn out stock dampers. it is still quite comfortable, but i feel no hesitation to push the car extremely hard in the twisties. the sways contribute a lot as well. both are highly recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in