Oodles of rear brake pad options - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Elder

Oodles of rear brake pad options

im sure you can do the math.

ZOMG BMDUBYA PARTS ON A SAAB

obviously this is for the 300mm rear upgrade on my viggen. i like to match the front and rear pads, and i was aggravated at total lack of anything other than stock pad, so i put in a little effort and found out that a huge list of bmw's use the same pad. i ordered specifically for an e46 325.

you can all repay me somehow later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
you can all repay me somehow later.
I discovered this years ago, I actually have a box of those very pads sitting on my floor waiting for when I do a total overhaul of the brakes when things warm up.

Word of warning to others. While Hawk pads are indeed intended for saabs (if you put the data in their website it says to use these) not all pads that fit those BMW's will fit a saab. BMW caliper piston seems to use a larger inside diameter hole so fitting a BMW pad to a saab can take a little modification.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Elder

these are direct fit, exact match to the factory pads, the prongs needed tad of bending to fit just like stock replacement.

im glad other people figured this out and shared it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
I thought [email protected] said that the factory pad was more then adequate in like 99% of conditions.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
I thought [email protected] said that the factory pad was more then adequate in like 99% of conditions.
The stock rear brake setup for a Viggen is probably 'adequate', too... Doesn't stop people from wanting more
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp View Post
i ran hps front and stock rear, and it was eh

lately ive had hps front and rear and it was a noticeable difference

now the car might actually stop with hps and the 300mm.

ive just grown to like cars with matching compounds front and rear, always braked well.

plus having the bmw cross over allows anything from mild to wild compound wise to match what im working on for the front

Old 03-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
I'm with you, I like having all matched pads. Different pads have different friction curves. One pad braking less at one pressure and then more at another royally messes with the braking dynamics of the car.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
Elder

good luck with those pads. i've read nothing but bad things about them.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
Elder

uh what?

about hps's?

ive had hps's on the front for 20k miles and 3k on the rear, my other car has had them since the day i got it...ive had more back luck with ebc than any other company.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in