back brakes - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

back brakes

i have no back brake pads left on the car so i m looking to change them so i take off my tire and take off the calper and i cound not see how the pad came off
please help need to stop!!!!!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos

If you have the # 30 style on the left:

They snap out, do you have the new pads and see the backing? The side on the piston have those 3 metal finger springs, and the other side just slides in.

You will also probably have a large metal caliper spring holding them in. Pry that out on both ends with a screw driver, but get it back in correctly.

If you have the # 30 style on the right, you will need pin punches to punch the pins out, it would be a good idea to buy a new hardware kit because these get brittle and rusty easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

It's really easy depending on what year your car is. On my 2000 the caliper come all the way off so you could then remove the pads. You will need to compress the piston back into place to put on the new pads. Some model has a Pin which I think holds in the pads, but I am not sure what year has that. Overall they should be really easy to do.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
Avid TSL User

thamks for the brake down now it look easy to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in