Gt28 or gt28bb? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
TSLMember

Gt28 or gt28bb?

I just blew the seals on my gt17, i think since i'm in the market shopping. Maybe i should think future wise so i don't have to travel as much.
Any who 1st question does the mounting plate for the manifold pertaining to the gt28 striaght bolt on to my b235e?
2nd q..... Mechanically what do i need.
-other words bigger oil feed lines or is the stock size sufficient?

I know there is goint to be some ecu programming involed for such the application which is ok I more worried about the mechanical stuff.
the sooner the better i can get some feed back the sooner i stop thinking to get a tdo4 instead. Honestly i want to tun the car into the gt28 potential so a early purchase whould not bother me.
i know there is alot of computing involed for the tdo4 and i have heard it's not as durable as people thought.
thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
My TD04 has 136K on it and I flog it daily.......it's plenty durable.

As for the GT28. Your manifold has a T25 flange on it. So anything that bolts onto a T25 or an adapter to the T25 will work. Your biggest problem is going to probably be how to get air into the turbo, and how to get the exhaust out. Search for a member named 'Vigge'. He ran a GT2860RS on his viggen for a while.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
TSLMember

hmmmmmm...

Hmmmmmm.... interesting.
So let me get this straight it the sure size of the gt28 makes it a challenge or is it the air inlet? or both ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in