skandix springs on a 9-5? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to explorerfx4
skandix springs on a 9-5?

ive done some reading about these springs, and know that Paul (i think) has skandix springs on his SPG but ive never seen anyone put them on anything else. just for shits and giggles, im going to be getting a set to go on my 9-5. supposedly lowers 1.25" https://ssl.kundenserver.de/www.skan...B=281013191=29

ill be posting pictures and how the ride is once i get them put on, once they get here from germany.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

got the springs in today and had them on in a matter of hours. they ride very smooth, and the cornering couldnt be better! fit and finish on them was perfect. so far i have no complaints.

ill take some pictures when its not raining or so damn cloudy outside. plus it will give them more time to settle!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Sweet lets see em. How did you get them? The website you linked to says they are not in stock for USA. Did you have them shipped overseas?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
Sweet lets see em. How did you get them? The website you linked to says they are not in stock for USA. Did you have them shipped overseas?
it looks as though i may have gotten the only set they had in stock in the US. crappy phone picture, better ones to come once she's clean and its not crappy outside.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

looks good!

Old 04-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #6

I thought I recognized the name! I remeber your thread when you painted all your trim on SC. It looks great. I've always liked it. What lip spoiler did you use on the trunk lid? Any more info/pictures on that?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

thanks fellas!! i just realized it looks like a have a lip spoiler, must have just been a reflection.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #8

Man...looks nice but damn that's low. How much did u pay for those?
Old 04-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

I know, and I love it!! I got them for $165 shipped.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Aerolike9 Send a message via MSN to Aerolike9
165 shipped Damn! and i thought 240 shipped was good for eibachs.. how are they holding up?
1999 Saab 9-3-SOLD
1998 Saab 9000CSE-Sold
2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen Vert- Sold
Saab 9-5
Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolike9 View Post
165 shipped Damn! and i thought 240 shipped was good for eibachs.. how are they holding up?
thats why i figured what the hell and just bought them.

so far they have a little over 100 miles on them, and they seem to be doing fine, i do however think they have sped up the failing of my stock strut bearing oh well!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #12

So you think the ride is the same as the stock setup? I've been wanting to lower mine (lpt suspension) and was thinking about going to aero spec. Its my wifes car (read family truckster) and I don't want it to turn out like my NG did (slammed). In fact, I am raising the NG back up with Eibach springs.

It will be a while till I'm ready to put springs on the 9-5, so you'll have to report back once you get some more time on those as to the ride quality and how they are holding up.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #13

HOT! im diggin the painted trim, only thing i would do is peel the vinyl off your b pillars, adn its silver underneath. i think it would tie the car togeather with the no balck kinda thing on the body.

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Old 04-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #14
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophusmaximus View Post
HOT! im diggin the painted trim, only thing i would do is peel the vinyl off your b pillars, adn its silver underneath. i think it would tie the car togeather with the no balck kinda thing on the body.
the ride is pretty close to stock, once you hit big bumps you can tell its lowered as the suspension is def tighter.

seriously? like silver as in the color of the body?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorerfx4 View Post
the ride is pretty close to stock, once you hit big bumps you can tell its lowered as the suspension is def tighter.

seriously? like silver as in the color of the body?
yup, theres sticky goo underneath but it can be removed. on my 9-3 one of the things is peeling and the silver is visible. the goo shold come off with goo be gone or similar goo removal stuff

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in