2 new 65trim turbos ? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

2 new 65trim turbos ?

so i found (2) t03/04 65trim turbos with wastegate setup, a friend has them and i will be buying. There brand new btw never been used. I want to put one in my car but i want to make sure i wont be running into any issues. stock 02 aero man, with cai, and exhaust upgrade. any one else interested in buying the other turbo when i get it. i will post picks when i pick them up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Elder

I would imagine the exhaust flange being different. I can't see this turbo bolting on, but if you post some links or pictures it would help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Elder

uh, not without a lot of work...i am going to assume that it has a T3 exhaust flange, meaning you're going to need either an adapter or a new manifold.

additionally you'll probably need to put a different flange on your downpipe, and completely redo your intake.

doable, but not worth it...

Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

i will have to look in to the specs a little closer, good looking out.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
What they said, a lot of work with minimal rewards. The rule of thumb I use with a 9-5 is if you aren't going to have to change the pistons, it's not worth the fabrication work.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven18940 View Post
What they said, a lot of work with minimal rewards. The rule of thumb I use with a 9-5 is if you aren't going to have to change the pistons, it's not worth the fabrication work.
Haha well said. This is why I plan on just messing with the TD04 until something blows up eventually.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero02 View Post
Haha well said. This is why I plan on just messing with the TD04 until something blows up eventually.
I think you'll blow your turbo before you blow your short block. Assuming you tune it correctly and give it plenty of fuel and the 06 cobra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in