Forge Diverter Valve - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
TSLMember

Forge Diverter Valve

So is the forge diverter valve really make much a difference in sound or no? JUst wonderin and it doesn't make ur car run rich or anything right shouldn't mess anything up?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Gobes
It holds boost much better than the stock valve and it adds some bling under your hood.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

^^lol...what he said! bling bling

Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

yeah put mine in and the noise is not much diff. its shiny tho
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

i guess if you guys want silly-noises from the by-pass you could move the valve closer to the
intake pipe and change the filter to a freeflow model.

so attach the by-pass right after the maf and the filter right before the maf. Performance-vise this will propably suck or make no difference what so ever but hey, who am i to judge.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
Elder

If you want sound, get an intake from GS and then you will hear it. The turbo spooling and BOV woosh on my ng900 is awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to rafal
just to add to this thread.

so what's the word about the aftermarket diverter valve? there are so many of you guys who swapped bosch to forge or hyperboost. does it make any difference? sound/performance?

Old 02-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I replaced mine just because the stock one was shot. Figured why replace it with a part that can break again? The Forge one will last the lifetime of the car, just needs to be cleaned occasionally and maybe a new spring way down the line.

Supposedly they hold boost better, especially for tuned cars. I have no idea. I mean, logically you would assume so just based on the design differences... but what the hell do I know?

Last edited by Aero02; 02-07-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
JK
Elder

They do hold better, but a proper non-leaking OEM bypass valve will offer no less performance than a forge valve. Anyone who says anything about more power from an upgrade BPV versus a fully functuion stock one is under some sort of placebo effect or is wanting to justify the money they spent on a performance level.

What does a bypass valve or blow-off valve do? It vents charge air after you take your foot off the gas and the throttle plate closes. So, unless your normal valve is malfunctioning there is no increase in performance.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:11 AM   #10
Elder

what about sound? K10sh0rty says he has more satisfaction with the sound but maybe he is just trying to justify the money he spent on it, lol.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #11
Elder

n00bs.

more sound == more performance.

Why do you think a grapefruiter-launcher is the first addition in any serious Honduh mod?

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 02-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Redfoxx
GS intake + Forge diverter valve = sexy turbo noise!

Old 02-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #13
Elder

there we go. Thats what i wanted to hear. I just hope that its much different from what i have now oai+bosch.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #14
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Cambiocorsa Send a message via MSN to Cambiocorsa
I replaced my completely ruined Bosch valve with the Forge 007 valve. It made a big difference in spool up and performance, but only really because the original was destroyed. With the tune, it holds boost very well and releases VERY fast. On stock software I actually found the Forge valve slightly quieter than the stock diverter, but on 15lbs of boost it is as loud as most atmospheric BOVs. PSSSCHHHH!!!

1999 Saab 9-5 SE Sedan
JakStoll Stage 3+
Old 02-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

I found some posts that the forge diverter valve sometimes sticks.
The pressure buildup damages the throttlebody. I had a forge on my car & saw no increase in performance so I went back to non-defective stock for safety reasons.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #16
TSLMember

I didnt notice any sound change or performance gains between the two, but i do agree it looks nice under the hood.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
Elder

^ did you get any other mods? ecu, dp?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #18
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafal View Post
^ did you get any other mods? ecu, dp?
No ecu yet, but dp, air and turbo intake.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #19
Avid TSL User

A forge diverter valve will not outperfom a good bosch

Ift he stock bosch is stock & does not have a damged diaphram it will work as good as a $100 forge or other part. This even uncludes tuner applications up to 22 lbs of boost. The only disputed part is if the after market part has a longer life expectancy than the bosch. My stage 4 9-5 works great with the stock bosch part ( though I chack it very 6 monthis or so). Bling and estethics are excluded .. that is owner preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in