T7suite - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #21
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
There are about 40 different things that I have no idea what they are, one is "JERK" that goes from 1 to 40 something and changes seemingly totally at random. the ECU project folks don't seem to know what that one means either.
Stealth Saab judgment on how you happen to be driving at the moment. I dunno....

Otherwise, jellus.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #22
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Although, Paul, you might want to run this link through that translator you used for the Swedish Festival stuff....

http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic...fcba87bc24ccc6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 PM   #23
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
Although, Paul, you might want to run this link through that translator you used for the Swedish Festival stuff....

http://forum.savarturbo.se/viewtopic...fcba87bc24ccc6
http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

mostly gibberish, cant tell what they're going on about, it works like crap for technical terms. I think they're going on about Volvo cams?

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Quote:
yeah the engine data is really neat. There are about 40 different things that I have no idea what they are, one is "JERK" that goes from 1 to 40 something and changes seemingly totally at random. the ECU project folks don't seem to know what that one means either.
If I'm right, they're referring to the physics term "jerk" which is the rate of change of acceleration.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #25
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
hmm, that would follow. Interesting. That T7 system sure does know a lot... It's also interesting that in decel, you can see the -KW figure for the amount of engine braking being provided. Clearly the + figures for the NM & KW are nifty too. Not sure how it can tell all that, but it seems the T7 system "knows" exactly what power it's making. We also deactivated the Torque limiter on the "BSR tune" my car has. That's kind of interesting, though it occasionally likes to make the clutch slip That GT17 sure can spool at low RPM's when it's not restricted in any way.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #26

Quote:
That GT17 sure can spool at low RPM's when it's not restricted in any way.
You'll wanna watch that. High boost at low revs is the recipe for cracked piston crowns.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #27
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven18940 View Post
You'll wanna watch that. High boost at low revs is the recipe for cracked piston crowns.
yeah hopefully that'll happen soon so we can swap in a b234, the damn thing has 150k+ on the original engine with no signs of any sort of problems. And the last 40k or so has been with Delorean driving it, with the BSR stg3 tune, and the stock downpipe frankly i'm shocked it isn't allready broken.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
yeah hopefully that'll happen soon so we can swap in a b234, the damn thing has 150k+ on the original engine with no signs of any sort of problems. And the last 40k or so has been with Delorean driving it, with the BSR stg3 tune, and the stock downpipe frankly i'm shocked it isn't allready broken.

Paul
I wanna set a record for highest mileage, never been rebuilt engine. I'm at 128K and I've been driving the doors off it for 3 years.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #29
Elder

Quote:
That all relative the GT17 and high boost I mean...

But that turbo and tune definitely ahs a lot of low end grunt that;s for sure.

I am more suprised the GT17 is still spinning...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:28 AM   #30
TSLMember

Quote:
yeah the engine data is really neat. There are about 40 different things that I have no idea what they are, one is "JERK" that goes from 1 to 40 something and changes seemingly totally at random. the ECU project folks don't seem to know what that one means either.
Fun description
Sid: Jerk
Symbol: ECMStat.JerkFactor
Description: This factor describes the jerking of the engine. The formula for calculating this is abs(ECMStat.n_EngineDelta2) * factor. The factor is for scaling it so it will be possible to filter it. The calibratable value used for filtering is nEngCal.FilterFactor. Since the jerk factor is based on every combustion, it is not possible to compare the numbers for 6 cylinder engines and 4 cylinder.

There are a lot of extra info that can be added, my list is 96 symbols long
Old 01-13-2009, 06:00 AM   #31
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Carl Send a message via Skype™ to Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackan View Post
Fun description
Sid: Jerk
Symbol: ECMStat.JerkFactor
Description: This factor describes the jerking of the engine. The formula for calculating this is abs(ECMStat.n_EngineDelta2) * factor. The factor is for scaling it so it will be possible to filter it. The calibratable value used for filtering is nEngCal.FilterFactor. Since the jerk factor is based on every combustion, it is not possible to compare the numbers for 6 cylinder engines and 4 cylinder.

There are a lot of extra info that can be added, my list is 96 symbols long
Hey! Welcome aboard, Mackan!

M00 9-3 Conv. B234 makes up for Sun Green
M73 99L In Maine
Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #32
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite_embedded View Post
Hey! Welcome aboard, Mackan!
Thanks, I hope to broaden my perspective of Saabs around the globe now, I've been hiding at the Swedish forums and Ecuproject for too long
Hope to be able to spread some light on T7 tuning around here as well(especially Biopower)!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #33

You can actually understand the ECUproject forums?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
You can actually understand the ECUproject forums?
It takes a while, but once you have caught up, you just go by new posts. That's the easiest way for me.

It's great to see mackan here. He is one of the biggest contributors on the ECUproject forums.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #35
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgeebee88 View Post
does any one have a tutorial on how to T7suite? i have a 2001 9-5 aero automatic and i just want to throw a stage 1 tune in it i downloaded the T7suite software but i cant find how to accually do it
http://forum.ecuproject.com/viewtopi...=t&sd=a#p10195

Read, flash and try!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #36
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbndtrain View Post
It takes a while, but once you have caught up, you just go by new posts. That's the easiest way for me.

It's great to see mackan here. He is one of the biggest contributors on the ECUproject forums.
Thanks for the kind words

I go with new posts as well, the structure of ecuproject needs to be redesigned I think, more moderating might be a good thing as well as the same question can appear 5 times / week in new threads...
Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #37
JZW
Elder

You are just all over the place today Keep spreadin the word!

John
Old 01-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #38
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackan View Post
Thanks for the kind words

I go with new posts as well, the structure of ecuproject needs to be redesigned I think, more moderating might be a good thing as well as the same question can appear 5 times / week in new threads...
yes this is exactly the reason i have been trying to promote to use the wiki for storing the relevant information. Forum model for information sharing is crappy, forums are for discussions.

so far there has been like one other contributor in the wiki besides me

http://virtuaalitalo.fi/wiki/stcfwiki
Old 01-15-2009, 02:19 AM   #39
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekonna View Post
yes this is exactly the reason i have been trying to promote to use the wiki for storing the relevant information. Forum model for information sharing is crappy, forums are for discussions.

so far there has been like one other contributor in the wiki besides me

http://virtuaalitalo.fi/wiki/stcfwiki
Is the WIKI going to be online for a long time?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 AM   #40
Avid TSL User

well it is my server so i don't see why it wouldn't be as long as i kee paying the bills for upkeep

Main point about wiki is that it makes collaboration on informaition gathering and sharing easy. now i don't see any reason why the data couldn't be taken from the wiki into a pdf format to distribute along with the soiftware on every release, for the people who do not wish to contribute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in