shocks and springs question...guys help! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

shocks and springs question...guys help!

hey guys, alright heres the situation...i have h&r springs on my saab, with stock shocks...now everytime i hit a bump they would make noise..typical becuase the spring is much shorter than the shock, so there was room for play.....nowe i finally recieved my koni sport shocks to go with my lowered springs, and there doing the same freakin thing except its noiser...i though the shocks would compress the spring enough??everytime i even turn now it makes a dining noise,,,,is there something, some kind of adapter or rubber something that will make it STOP???thanx in advance!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

are you sure you are not missing crap from the assembly? There are all sorts of plastic bits and pieces that go there just for this reason.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
sure its not your mounts?

Old 12-16-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

It could also be that the shocks are brand new, and at this point are probably a good deal softer than even your stock suspension was. I would give them a little time to settle in, stiffen up, and then start to worry if it continues.

By the way, what firmness did you adjust the shocks too. It shouldn't have a bearing on this issue... I'm just curious.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

the springs didnt even tighten up when i put them on..thats the weird part..the springs still have play...im just wondering do i need a new new top mounts that are different or something..its weird shorter shock and shorter springs..but still loose..
Old 12-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

and i tightened them about a full turn and a half..it goes by 360 degrees...so lets say i did them 540..perfect..i wouldnt change a thing
Old 12-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #7
Elder

H+Rs are little spongey over time ( I have read in reviews) Lower but spongy
Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #8

Well, I have all the stock mounts etc and didn't experience anything like this with my Eibach/Koni setup... so I don't know what to tell you. It could be worn mounts or something similar I suppose, but I really don't have any idea.

IIRC two full turns is full hard, correct? So then you're around 75%? Did you do the same to all four. I set mine to about 60f/80r and really wish I had tightened the front up more. I was worried about it being too jarring up front at 80/80 but now that they are good and worked in I really want to re-adjust... but not so happy about having to remove the bastards to do it.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

Yeah 75% up front.. Dude I love it.. My rears are missing a part so I didn't install them.. But 75% up front is perfect... It is 2 full turns making in 720 degrees..I did 1 1/2.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

fixed!thanx guys
Old 12-24-2008, 05:52 PM   #11

So, what was it?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
Avid TSL User

i still havent a freakin clue..i think it was loose and rubbing(the spring in the shock)...me and my boy just decided to bore out the bottom of the top mount,the one that sits on the shock..basically it lowered it even more, mayb 1/4 to 1/2 inch more..bored it out enough so that it is definetly safe and wont damage anything and it wont break..now the spring is nice and tight and i put a little grease on the bottom, so it doesnt rub...but its perfect now...im so happy it stopped with the noises, it was too much..

now on to next thing: 3" GS dp with full cat back exhaust!

thanx guys for you input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in