Who has pictures or specs for the saabsport exhaust? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Who has pictures or specs for the saabsport exhaust?

The flexpipe on my stock downpipe is in pretty rough shape, and I'm thinking that when I replace it with the 3" GS downpipe I'd also like to get a whole new cat-back exhaust made as well. I've heard nothing but good things about the remus saabsport exhaust, especially the aggressive tone and good flow characteristics, but I'm guessing that it's next to impossible to find one nowadays.

With that being the case, does anyone have pictures of it or a set of specs so that I could have a custom exhaust made that is essentially identical to the remus kit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Trollerator
Elder

the remus is the best thing since sliced bread.

really a shame they stopped making them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
Elder

genuinesaab.com has saabsport

Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGiT SaaB View Post
genuinesaab.com has saabsport
they do?

I didn't see it, but I'm all over that ish if they do have it...

I see this
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=423

this
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=528

and this
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=290

but no saabsport exhausts for the 9-5

Last edited by ACBarnett; 09-19-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
Elder

Oh, never mind. I saw 9-5 sports exhaust and thought it was a saabsport. Why dont you get the Simons?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
Trollerator
Elder

I heard the simmons was on eternal backorder, you should check with Nick about the ETA of that if you go that route and need it in a certain time frame...

the Ferrita looks DAMN NICE and lifetime warranty IIRC, just a bit on the pricey side

I'd consider it though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

The SaabSport is roughly 2 3/8" outer diameter, straight piped from the flex pipe to the muffler(no resonator). Supposedly the main thing that makes the system so great is the Remus muffler itself, though I'm sure you can get very similar tone and flow characteristics from something else.

I had to look around for quite some time to find my Remus, but hot damn am I glad I did. Especially with the 3" DP, the tone is just awesome.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero02 View Post
The SaabSport is roughly 2 3/8" outer diameter, straight piped from the flex pipe to the muffler(no resonator). Supposedly the main thing that makes the system so great is the Remus muffler itself, though I'm sure you can get very similar tone and flow characteristics from something else.

I had to look around for quite some time to find my Remus, but hot damn am I glad I did. Especially with the 3" DP, the tone is just awesome.
how did you find it, did you just call a bunch of dealerships?

I almost feel like trying charles river saab to see if they have one lying around in the warehouse

and I already had the center resonator removed on my stock exhaust and I love the sound, I just want something that's actually engineered and a bit more refined
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I actually ended up getting it used off someone who was trading in their 9-5. This was almost a year ago, but at the time someone did mention that one of the midwest dealerships had a dozen or so laying around. Might be worth calling around, I really don't think you can beat the setup for the price.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
SAAB Road Master

I just received my new 3" downpipe and intake pipe from genuinesaab yesterday. I haven't installed it yet as I'm waiting on the 3" cat-back exhaust I ordered from Custom Tubes, Inc. to arrive. They are waiting on Magnaflow to send them 3" compatible mufflers/resonators.

The Simons is on crazy backorder, and it's only a 2 3/8" exhaust anyway; that's only a bit larger than stock, although is does flowt much better. I wanted 3" turbo-back, so the CTI kit will fit the bill. The aluminum is $475, but I ordered stainless for $575. Still a good deal for a 3" system. Here's the link to the site: CTI 9-5 cat-back

and here is what is sounds like on a 9-5 (special thanks to SectorNine50):
exhaust video outside car

exhaust video inside windows down

|
Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
there is remus exhaust that comes up on ebay every so often.

^CLICK ME^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in