9-5 Big Brakes Done! - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #21
Elder

Sorry there raven it was totally last minute, just got the brakes done and went. I am thinking of going again later this suner, I'll keep you posted
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #22
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
You better, *shakes fist*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #23
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Sorry there raven it was totally last minute, just got the brakes done and went. I am thinking of going again later this suner, I'll keep you posted

keep us all posted! i need to beat the 99's engine up a bit before i can swap in the turbo 16v

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #24
Avid TSL User

For people who are interested in the WP pro kits, I have a friend who currently imports the WP kits for volvos and is looking to break into the saab market with a WP group buy of at least 5 people.

I've been wanting to do some sort of BBK job on my aero, most likely next summer, and while I was looking at 4-pot wilwoods the prospect of the nicer WP kit at wholesale prices is hard to let up.

How is the noise level with the wilwoods, also have you had any problems with leakage? The WP-selling guy had wilwoods on his old volvo and said they were great cheap track car brakes, but he had issues with noise and failing seals on his that were a PITA for use on a road car where you can't easily rebuild the caliper every few months like you can on a track car.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #25
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Well that depends entirely on how much. For me I really wanna be able to still use my 16inch snow tires.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #26
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBarnett View Post
For people who are interested in the WP pro kits, I have a friend who currently imports the WP kits for volvos and is looking to break into the saab market with a WP group buy of at least 5 people.

I've been wanting to do some sort of BBK job on my aero, most likely next summer, and while I was looking at 4-pot wilwoods the prospect of the nicer WP kit at wholesale prices is hard to let up.

How is the noise level with the wilwoods, also have you had any problems with leakage? The WP-selling guy had wilwoods on his old volvo and said they were great cheap track car brakes, but he had issues with noise and failing seals on his that were a PITA for use on a road car where you can't easily rebuild the caliper every few months like you can on a track car.
What kinda noise? I don't hear anything with these brakes. Haven't seen anything about failing seals, I guess I'll buy another pair of calipers for $300 and keep them all set up if that ever happens. ( and still never be outta pocket the kind of money the WPS are)

Don't get me wrong the WPs are nice ( But nicer???) there is not enough material to get them CNC engraved either. And the 6/8 pot vs 4 don't impress me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven18940 View Post
Well that depends entirely on how much. For me I really wanna be able to still use my 16inch snow tires.

These will fit my 16 inch wheels with a 5mm spacer. If you ahve a different style they will fit straight up.

Let me know how much the rears will be....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in