Freaking Brake Kit!!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Performance Modifications for the 9-5

Performance Modifications for the 9-5 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's for the 9-5. This may also include suspension.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
Elder

Freaking Brake Kit!!!

Ok so I have been doing a lot of investigation to see what the problem was with my brake lines for my break kit and here's waht I got. The Adapters were mixed!!! I got one metric ( the Saab lines BTW are 10M (mm) X 1.0 pitch) Got that froma a nice guy at Goodridge.

Well well well, I check and mine were ok but did I check BOTH??? ---- of course not. Some how they gave me one Metric and One SAE They are so close I could see how they ( and I ) screwed up. Stripped the hard line.

So off to the dealer and get another hard line line ( luckily I started at the Driver's side -it's an easy run, only took me 15 minutes to replace ( had to remove the battery, the antifreeze container -move it aside then the fuse box - flipped up and out of the way and only spilled a few drops of fluid ( used a 10mmX1.0 bolt as a plug.)

Get that done and try agian only to strip it out again!!! How do you ask?

Well the adapter is a lot less deep than the stock ( about a 1/4-1/2 inch) so only the fisrt two threads would meet then lost it when I tried to get it to seat.

Here are the pics to explain....

How it's gonna look...

So the 9-5 will definitely not be at Carlisle, luckily I picked up the Vigen vert, but of course now the weather is going to s*ck!

See you all there on Saturday...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

looks good...what rotor and caliper is that?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

more info, where you get them brakes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
^ Second. More info on these brakes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
where the hell did u get those brakes?!?!? They are sweet!

^CLICK ME^
Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
Elder

Wow, thats a really nice set up, looks like some type of 4 piston caliper.

NICE!!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Is this the porsche setup I have kept reading about in various places being referenced to?

Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Is this the porsche setup I have kept reading about in various places being referenced to?
those calipers look far to small to be porsche calipers...porsche usually uses big fatty calipers for the "bling" effect...i'm guessing this are wilwood or ap calipers. Maybe boxster calipers....
Old 05-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #9

Those look like Willwood Dynalites or something similar....

They look baller, but I hope they stop ok....

Four-piston calipers don't necessarily grab any harder than single-piston; they just apply the clamping force more evenly to the pad. The pad size is a critical factor. If you're reducing the pad size, and not increasing the leverage of the clamping force by moving the calipers out, then you've actually reduced braking effectiveness....

If you go to the Hawk site (hawkperformance.com) you can get good specs for the different sizes of pads.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
TSLMember

are they perhaps the ones midway down on this page?

http://trolltuner.com/
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
Elder

I think you got it mulletmaster. Except it looks like they have been machined to have the saab lettering raised on them.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmaster View Post

i doubt it...they don't appear to be the same one's as nick t offers in his big brake it...his brake kit utilizes 6 piston wp's i believe
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletmaster View Post

No, smaller calipers and no where near 336mm rotors.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #14
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to moose
i'd say it is definitly the porsche rotor, but i have no idea what caliper that is
Old 05-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
i'd say it is definitly the porsche rotor, but i have no idea what caliper that is
a big caliper.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 05-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #16

Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Elder

Wrong ! Try again
Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #18

you can't trust him he is lieing about what cars he has. mhhmmmm the SPG you sold.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
you can't trust him he is lieing about what cars he has. mhhmmmm the SPG you sold.
ya i forgot to fix that, I watch my back while I'm around you. I don't think you had your glasses on when you were picking out that caliper.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #20
Elder

Sorry guys just got back from Boston and S#itty internet in my hotel. Snow has the pic from my pre-set-up., I was trying to get the dang thing on for Carlisle and ended up having to bring the Viggen Vert ( awe for me since the weather was awesome.)

Anyhow they are 4 piston and the rotor is only 13". I am stuffing them behind BBS RKs so there is not much room to play, although I might try a bit deeper hat which might let me accomodate another 1/3 inch or so in rotor (and maybe a 6 piston later for these wheels.

At the end of the day I can probably get more brakets made and if anyone wants to do the same thing I will list all the part numbers or get more form my suppilers. They shoudl fit 99-2001 since that is the hub I am using.

I have been working on these for like a year ( on and off) buying parts all seperate, getting brakets made ( and re-made a cople of times) and trying to get it all fitted.

Last step is the lines that I am getting made ( should be here by Friday.)

The pads are bigger than mine but this was an LPT so I had a choice of going Aero or blowing out a big brake set-up. Don't think it is much bigger than an Aero set-up. I can tell you though after driving the Viggen the LPT does not have enough brake, its like night and day with that car and my 9-5.

So I bought the Wilwoods, ground off the wilwood emblem, had em powder-coated then CNC engraved with the Saab logo.

For show for sure but I needed something more for the LPT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in