Gone off the Deep End - New Car Content - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Wasn't that Jeep test found to be cheated a bit? Mike, you are a good man to get the source on that lol.
Yeah, they fudged it by a lot....which is surprising because that newer GC was based on the Mercedes-Benz chassis...

I'd still get the new wrangler in a heartbeat...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #62
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Wow talk about a shit-storm since I last posted. You guys can hate on Wranglers all you want, but you clearly don't understand them, and thats fine. It's a hard thing to understand and if you gotta ask, then don't bother. Glad your backing them up a bit here Palmer.

I believe my generation (TJ 97-06), is much better on road than older jeeps. Is it a car? No. Does it get good gas mileage? No. Can I carry shit? With no rear seat, yes, a lot.

Anyway as of now, I love it. I will probably snag up a small RWD DD for the summer if gas is killing me (miata perhaps), but for now I will just enjoy.
1995 900 SE Turbo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikmanson View Post
Wow talk about a shit-storm since I last posted. You guys can hate on Wranglers all you want, but you clearly don't understand them, and thats fine. It's a hard thing to understand and if you gotta ask, then don't bother. Glad your backing them up a bit here Palmer.

I believe my generation (TJ 97-06), is much better on road than older jeeps. Is it a car? No. Does it get good gas mileage? No. Can I carry shit? With no rear seat, yes, a lot.

Anyway as of now, I love it. I will probably snag up a small RWD DD for the summer if gas is killing me (miata perhaps), but for now I will just enjoy.
I wouldn't sweat the gas. I got 10-12 mpg -- highway! -- in my old Grand Wagoneer, but I loved that car like another kid. There's just something about hearing a big-ass V8 turn over in the morning, kind of like an angry giant being shaken awake...

Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #64

FWIW, I <3 it. I will definitely own one at some point, and the TJ is by far my favorite gen. Buddy of mine has a 94 YJ that he's in the middle of putting a 4bt cummins in:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #65
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo00 View Post
FWIW, I <3 it. I will definitely own one at some point, and the TJ is by far my favorite gen. Buddy of mine has a 94 YJ that he's in the middle of putting a 4bt cummins in:

That's the only way to go, either the 3.3 or 3.9 (both considered 4BT's though).

25mpg, black smoke, cool sound.......
Old 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #66

...and shitloads of torque for rock crawling.

nothin' but win....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #67
Elder

Old 02-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #68

No real updates here. Took my first 'difficult' trip off-roading last weekend, performed great. 1 foot of snow on some uneasy/muddy terrain, no problem for these smooth tires. Also forded my first river's.

Been buying a few things here and there for it, can't wait for summer. If anyone here wants one but is on the fence, just buy one, you wont regret it.
1995 900 SE Turbo
Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #69

Just Empty Every Pocket, in full effect. Bought a bumper and front fogs, had to drill some holes for the fogs on the side as well as license plate holes (fucking NY). Also painted the headlight bezel surrounds black, so no more chrome on the Jeep.

Anyway I think it came out great.

I have a Winch and heavy duty winch plate on order... as well as clear corners to replace the orange crap.
1995 900 SE Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in