The new German has landed - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
The new German has landed

Car hit the dealers lot about 2 hours ago.

While the 18's are worth some money I am selling them as new take offs and buying Gunmetal VMR 718's in 19" staggered sizes as shown here:
Project 328i Sports VMR V718 Wheels for the Camera

My snow setup is secured.

I got some used Dunlop M3's in 235/45/17.

Thanks to Ethan, I scored a deal on nearly new 17x8" black OZ Supperleggeras. They are nice and light and low maintenance for winter.

I will have proper pictures of the car Friday and will bump this as I begin modding it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Congrats. Buying (or leasing, or whatever this is...) a new BMW is a great experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Everyone! Pull out you're penises and collectively masturbate!

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
at that front end?

I am sure it will be a blast to drive.

Quote:
Totally worth the money, they don't even make Saabs anymore!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami View Post
Congrats. Buying (or leasing, or whatever this is...) a new BMW is a great experience.

BMW Select Finance. Look it up, awesome program. Had no interest in leasing this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post

Tummy sticks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemSaab View Post
at that front end?

I am sure it will be a blast to drive.
The front end grows on you, much better in person. I am likely doing the M Performance grills so there will be NO chrome on the front of the car.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
The front end grows on you, much better in person. I am likely doing the M Performance grills so there will be NO chrome on the front of the car.
There were a couple at the event i was at this past weekend. Seeing the car in pictures I wasn't too fond of the front end but in person it looks much better.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Elder

sweet! I've been test driving used Z4s hopefully I'll find the one I'm looking for and making a purchase in late winter/spring.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
BMW Select Finance. Look it up, awesome program. Had no interest in leasing this car.
Yup just a more creative way to get people who can't afford a luxury car to be able to afford one. If you can't afford something you shouldn't buy it....and outside of a house, if you can't afford to pay cash - you can't afford it.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DViggen View Post
Yup just a more creative way to get people who can't afford a luxury car to be able to afford one. If you can't afford something you shouldn't buy it....and outside of a house, if you can't afford to pay cash - you can't afford it.
Great info, thanks!

Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by DViggen View Post
You forgot to quote post #5

BMW select financing do people really do this? - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

Old 08-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
Elder

LOL.

I knew that looked familiar.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
Elder

Why does it mean he can't afford it?

If I could pay cash for a car I'd still take a finance option if it was next to no interest with very little down. Throwing a wad of cash at a purchase is the least secure method available, plus you take the depreciation like a kick to the nuts. Keep as much as you can in your pocket/working for you/available in case of emergency

Old 08-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabkid37 View Post
If I could pay cash for a car I'd still take a finance option if it was next to no interest with very little down. Throwing a wad of cash at a purchase is the least secure method available, plus you take the depreciation like a kick to the nuts. Keep as much as you can in your pocket/working for you/available in case of emergency
This. If the interest rates are nominal, down payments are a waste of money.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Why does it mean he can't afford it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
This. If the interest rates are nominal, down payments are a waste of money.
Ignore it, DViggen has a different lifestyle than the rest of us plebeians.

If his mentality were actually to be honored the world as we know it would be entirely different.

About 65% of all new BMW's and Mercedes are leased. Most people purchase things on credit card. If these purchases did not take place banks and industries that produce hard goods would crumble.

But hey, it was nice of him to contribute to this thread!

I avoid putting money down like the plaque. Thanks to rebates, I put down $500. That's it. The typical lease is like $6k down on these cars.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #15

Saw this car in person today. It's fantastic. I'll get you the pics as soon as my phone decides it can afford to send them to me.

PS - Aux-In confirmed in the arm rest console.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to Trollhättan Bil
Just another kraut for me to beat...I've taken out 4 M3's and 1 M6 so far.

Apparently word has gotten out because the local now tend to veer in the other direction when they see me coming, lol.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
Elder

Call me stupid, but what iteration of 3 series is that anyway?

Old 08-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo00 View Post
Saw this car in person today. It's fantastic. I'll get you the pics as soon as my phone decides it can afford to send them to me.

PS - Aux-In confirmed in the arm rest console.
Awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhättan Bil View Post
Just another kraut for me to beat...I've taken out 4 M3's and 1 M6 so far.

Apparently word has gotten out because the local now tend to veer in the other direction when they see me coming, lol.
What an accomplishment!

Old 08-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Call me stupid, but what iteration of 3 series is that anyway?
This is the F30, this came out in '12.

This is the '13 which is the debut of the M-Sport line which also means the first of the return for Estoril Blue.

M-Sport brings a lot of goodies, but not extra power. Kind of like they did with the 9-3 SE that got Viggen bumpers and seats. But the list of upgrades is a bit longer.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #20

Beauty! I'll echo the comments about it being better looking in person. Not a fan of it in pics, but they look awesome in person!

2003 9-5 Arc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in