Mercedes S500 AMG - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Elder

Mercedes S500 AMG

I detailed this very nice 2003 Mercedes s500 with the AMG appearance package and treated it to a full interior cleaning and a thorough wash, clay, and wax until a correction appointment is made this summer (you will see why later). I am kicking myself for forgetting my DSLR at school so I apologize for the cell phone pictures.

All in all the car was cared for well by the owners however it sat at the airport uncovered for a month which took its toll on the exterior. I spent the majority of the time cleaning all the crevices from the trim pieces and chrome work and decontaminating as much as I could. After it was washed, it was clayed, glazed, and waxed.

Products and Process:

-Autosmart Autobody Shampoo
-Optimum OPC, various brushes and wash mitts
-Meg's APC+
-Clayed with Riccardo Yellow and CG Luber
-Dried with CG Miracle Dryer
-Quick IPA wipedown
-CG EZ creme glaze
-Collinite 845
-CG Barebones
-Autosmart #9 waterbased dressing on tires
-PB's Trim Restorer on cowel
-Planet Polish WS+S on the rims

Interior:

-Vacuumed with a 6hp Shop Vac
-OPC on carpets and plastics
-XMT360 on the chrome
-303 Aerospace on plastics, vinyl, and leather
-AG Fast Glass
-Wood waxed with P21s 100%

Befores: some stubborn grime that stood out on the white paint and made the car look dull.

After the wash:

The Final After Shots:

And the reason why it will be scheduled for a correction detail:

I tried my best to get a little extra out of white as I enjoy the challenge of trying harder to make it pop for the owner. As always, thanks for reading!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

awesome pics, and license plate haha.

Amateurs.

2000 9tree
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Love the license plate, reminds me of my grandmothers vanity plate. OOLALA

Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
Not another worthless detailing thread, wtf is wrong with your christain*

Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

Christian you put us all to shame (well at least me) with your skills, thanks for sharing!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

I will pay you to stop detailing cars, and, in turn, you can stop posting about them. Let me know how much you want.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 04-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveship View Post
I will pay you to stop detailing cars, and, in turn, you can stop posting about them. Let me know how much you want.

Thanks,
Dave
Why the fuck do you keep opening up his thread then?

Old 04-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

My paint has swirls. I was thirsty for knowledge. Came up empty again...same shit that has been posted countless times before.

Thank You,
Dave

Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
then how come you don't rant when people post coutless times about what the first mod they should do is? or what is more important, dp or cat back?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Huge improvement as always... can't wait to see the shots after the correction. Again, beautiful work! Is this what you're going to do for a living? You could make some pretty serious bank.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
You could make some pretty serious bank.
Auto detailing is generally not very lucrative.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveship View Post
My paint has swirls. I was thirsty for knowledge. Came up empty again...same shit that has been posted countless times before.

Thank You,
Dave

I was bored. I thought you might have something intelligent to say. I was disappointed again. You spew the same shit every time you come online.

Thank you,
Jay

PS: A special message from me to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00
Old 04-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #13
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Gobes
Daveship sucks
Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreboost View Post
Not another worthless detailing thread, wtf is wrong with your christain*
I tried to warn him in a previous post. VL has drawn him in and cast a spell on him. Too bad, he was such a nice kid......
From my previous post:

"And to Christian900SE, if you were my kid, I wouldn't want you playing with VL because he is so strange. I mean, really, "To be completely truthful, I have seen worse body work come from people with professional tools and products. In person, it is not bad from 15-20 feet away." Anyone can buy those things. That does not make them a professional by any stretch of the imagination. And, not bad from 15-20 feet away?

I think that he's starting to have an adverse effect on your rationale. But if you want to hang with that strange a person, who am I to try to help you. Just please be careful to not become like him. We are judged by the company we keep. What if you do something wrong and he "throws hands" at you. Please be careful. I am only expressing my opinion out of concern for your well being.
Signed,
A Concerned TSL'r "

'00 VigVert- Nirvana
'00 9-3SE DD
2013 Silverado Z71 4WD
Old 04-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #15
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg450 View Post
I tried to warn him in a previous post. VL has drawn him in and cast a spell on him. Too bad, he was such a nice kid......
From my previous post:

"And to Christian900SE, if you were my kid, I wouldn't want you playing with VL because he is so strange. I mean, really, "To be completely truthful, I have seen worse body work come from people with professional tools and products. In person, it is not bad from 15-20 feet away." Anyone can buy those things. That does not make them a professional by any stretch of the imagination. And, not bad from 15-20 feet away?

I think that he's starting to have an adverse effect on your rationale. But if you want to hang with that strange a person, who am I to try to help you. Just please be careful to not become like him. We are judged by the company we keep. What if you do something wrong and he "throws hands" at you. Please be careful. I am only expressing my opinion out of concern for your well being.
Signed,
A Concerned TSL'r "
For some odd reason, after reading ^^ i feel like I'v experienced Deja Vu

Old 04-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Well, I'm sure we'll all miss Dave for the next three weeks or so.

Christian, carry on. Nice work making things look all purty.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #17
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
Auto detailing is generally not very lucrative.
It definitely can be if you are living in Cali like he is. Lots of loaded people there with beautiful and expensive cars. There are several auto detailers on some luxury forums that I've been on that are pretty damn successful. All depends on your location and skills. I think Christian has both going for him .

Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
It definitely can be if you are living in Cali like he is. Lots of loaded people there with beautiful and expensive cars. There are several auto detailers on some luxury forums that I've been on that are pretty damn successful. All depends on your location and skills. I think Christian has both going for him .
I suppose Cali can be a different animal - here in MN it just isn't worth $200 to have your car shined up when it's guaranteed to rain or snow within the next 3 days.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
SAAB Road Master

This could all be alleviated if Christian just made a single thread called: "Cars I've cleaned"

And updated it continuously.

I mean really, we don't need multiple threads.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #20
User
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
I suppose Cali can be a different animal - here in MN it just isn't worth $200 to have your car shined up when it's guaranteed to rain or snow within the next 3 days.
Yep. Cali and FL are the prime spots to be if you want to get into detailing due to the abundance of rich people with Mercs, Ferrari's, Lambo's, BMW's, etc. and nice weather.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in