The new whip. M(azda) content. - Page 10 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #181
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
In the garage. Fuck old-ass airbags, those things scare me.

Not the risk of going off, but the toxic chemicals in them.

There are replacement intervals for airbags, and they are roundly ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #182
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
well done so far. is the new wheel any smaller diameter than the stock one?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #183
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
coming from somebody who currenlty owns a 1991 miata, i can vouch for the better parts of a 94/95 miata,,

the 94/95 miatas are obd1 so emissions are a non issue in most states, they have the upgraded rear end, more powerfull motor, and bigger brakes.

But they also weigh more and are less rev happy, and because of the increase weight they were not a whole lot faster.

But then again,, thats the miata pee-wee.... i dont like to wave it around, but i wish mine was a 94/95 with the nice options.

but im also happy mine barely tips 2100lbs,, and i (now) have a way better rear end than any mk1 1.8 ever left the factory with
90 miatas are universally known as the worst because of the HORRIBLE rear end that would overheat and torque itself to shreds worse than a c900 tranny. coupled with a crank design that would cause the car to explode the oil pump. 90 miatas are kinda a bad idea
these issues were fixed in 1991

Last edited by mike d; 03-14-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #184
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgproject View Post
well done so far. is the new wheel any smaller diameter than the stock one?

Ya, its about an inch smaller. My motivation for replacmement was more of uh, a girth issue.

The factory rim was super thin, and I hated the way it felt.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #185
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
damn this make me want a Miata...
Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #186
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
I like the new wheel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #187
JK
Elder

Looking spiffy!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #188
Elder

See, Andy, You should have bought a real spports car. My Sunbeam has adjustable steering wheel, adjustable pedals, and hight, back rest, and for and aft seat adjustments. And that car was built in 67.

Saturdat we were working on the Lemons car and Mike was storing a Miata for a friend of his and got me thinking about buying one for my wife to drive. She's always wanted one. I need to get some more info from Mike and get ahold of the owner.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #189
Elder

Nice Palmer. How's it been through the winter over there?

and LOL at people arguing about what is the best year of miata. specialolympics.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #190
Editor
Elder

Sweet looking ride, Andy!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #191
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonracer View Post
See, Andy, You should have bought a real spports car. My Sunbeam has adjustable steering wheel, adjustable pedals, and hight, back rest, and for and aft seat adjustments. And that car was built in 67.

Saturdat we were working on the Lemons car and Mike was storing a Miata for a friend of his and got me thinking about buying one for my wife to drive. She's always wanted one. I need to get some more info from Mike and get ahold of the owner.

Ha. You should get one. All they need is maintenance...unlike a Sunbeam. Let me know if you have any questions about them. Avoid 1990-1993, they have more issues. Pretty cool about all the adjustments though, that's pretty interesting on a tiny little sports car. How far do the adjustable pedals move? I had some on my old sable, and they moved like 8", it was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
Nice Palmer. How's it been through the winter over there?
With the snows, it's been just fine. This was the snowiest winter in a while too, so I should be fine for the next few years. I got stuck once, in a sloping un-plowed parking lot. I pushed, while my wife drove, and we were out in about 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Bouquins View Post
Sweet looking ride, Andy!
Hey, look at this guy!

Oh, and thanks!

Last edited by Palmer; 03-15-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #192
Elder

Incredible.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #193
Elder

The pedals are adjustable 2 inches and the steering wheel telescopes 2.5 inches. The Sunbeam had alot of interesting features for the day. The blinker and high beam lights on the dash have a night and day feature, they even had power brakes and roll up windows drom day one. They were a very advanced sports car.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #194
Elder

Always loved Miata's. Put a deposit on one when they were first announced way back in '89. Chickened out. (Alas, no money has a lot to do with that!).

Looking awesome, Andy!

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #195
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Marks9-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
and LOL at people arguing about what is the best year of miata. specialolympics.jpg
Am I the only one who laughed at this?

Fenga Papit
Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #196
Avid TSL User

"90 miatas are universally known as the worst because of the HORRIBLE rear end that would overheat"

If that is true than why do I see so many being used as spec miatas? Why does every 90 that I see have well over 100,000 miles on it, I even know some that have over 250,000 and are still running strong? My miata is a 90 sale date 89 build date, I bought it with 126,000 miles on the clock, changed all the fluids the dif oil was a coffee with creamer shade, never been touched before replaced it and have only had a charging problem in 10,000 miles. I would have to say that is pretty reliable. wouldn't you. So mike_d show me the facts that 90 miata are I quote, " universally known as the worst," I'm not seeing them.

Plasticfoodwrap SE Pennsylvania Saab Club
Cars
72 Sonnet
72 96
90 miata

Last edited by plasticfoodwrap; 03-15-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #197
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticfoodwrap View Post
"90 miatas are universally known as the worst because of the HORRIBLE rear end that would overheat"

If that is true than why do I see so many being used as spec miatas? Why does every 90 that I see have well over 100,000 miles on it, I even know some that have over 250,000 and are still running strong? My miata is a 90 sale date 89 build date, I bought it with 126,000 miles on the clock, changed all the fluids the dif oil was a coffee with creamer shade, never been touched before replaced it and have only had a charging problem in 10,000 miles. I would have to say that is pretty reliable. wouldn't you. So mike_d show me the facts that 90 miata are I quote, " universally known as the worst," I'm not seeing them.
a 1989 with only 126 miles on it? why do i suspect that car was never really put though its paces..
i blew my rear end on my 1991 within 3 months of using it for track duty,, on a stock motor.

make more than the 116hp with it, and come back to me,, the later torsions can take 300whp all day long, there is a reason they beefed up the rear end with the car got more power!

so many spec racers use them because the later rear ends cost so much money... because they are good. that is also why Ever autocrosser wants the later diff. with an LSD, and stronger gears, and twice as much fluid capisty
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #198
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
did i read correctly that your wife is autox-ing with you? if so, jealous!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #199
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgproject View Post
did i read correctly that your wife is autox-ing with you? if so, jealous!
Yes.

My Fiancee races motorcycles if that makes you happy.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #200
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
my girlfriend crashes volvo's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in