I found Zenn - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
I found Zenn

Not to get all LiveJournal or anything, but Friday was kind of rough in that I found out the job I was planning to leave in about six months was leaving me. Next week. Le poop.

So, today I went for a drive to get some zen and figure out plan, uh, r? (I think that's what I'm on now in life, lost count a year or so back.) I ended up in New London, Ohio, which is named for where I used to live in Connecticut and part of the Firelands region of Ohio set aside for the folks burnt out of New London, Connecticut, by Benedict Arnold in 1781.

It looks nothing like Connecticut. Not any part of Connecticut I've seen. Poor resettled bastards....

Anyhow, in this small town in the middle of nowhere, I found Zenn. Cars, that is. These odd little Quebec-made electric cars. They seem like city cars, so I'm not sure what they're doing for sale in rural Ohio. Their price tags were between $12K and $18K Apparently they can go about 245 miles between charges.

Here's some Zenn:

The seller, NorthCentralZenn, is an all-electric vehicle dealer so they also have these crazy ZapCars and mini-trucks as well as these Miles cars:

What's that yellow sign you ask?

And apparently, you need a back-up Bavarian for when these go bad. (They looked to have about the same road durability as a Tic-Tac box.)

What an odd thing to find in rural Ohio.

Anyhow, that is all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Location: Boston, but really Somerville. It takes me 4 minutes to get to Boston and 7 to 10 to get to Logan
And I always thought we had to climb a mountain to discover Zen, but there it was in Ohio all along.

Very strange place for such a venture.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Country Club/Gated Community cars and farm trucks.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Very strange, I was reading somewhere recently about those little off road only Chinese trucks, they're apparently big in the midwest with the farmers, or at least they were when gas was 'spensive.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
It was an odd little place.

There was that one car with its back hatch completely open and the batteries exposed as well as its front grille off, but nobody was around. At all. I hung around for about five minutes taking pictures (there was also one inside in the shop all in pieces) but I got the weird feeling somebody had just left for the day without finishing up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in