the cars i've owned, in order - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Showoff Forum > Other Pictures

Other Pictures Have something you just want everyone else to see? It can be you, your dog, family, a cute girl next door, your other car...anything!!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #61
Elder

this thread needs more updates
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #62
SAAB Road Master

I currently have 5. These are my first 6:

NUMBER 1: 1985 900 turbo, manual with tan leather. I sold it with 116k to buy the bigger, faster 1991 9000 turbo. A 4-door 900T is a unicorn these days. I'd love to have another.
1985 900 T.jpg

NUMBER 2: 1991 9000 Turbo, manual with black leather. I got it with 124k in mint condition. Only modes were lowering springs, Bilsteins and a performance chip. Crashed it on a slippery road joyriding with friends in college. RIP.
1991 9000 T red.jpg

NUMBER 3: 1992 9000 Turbo, manual with black leather. I got it with about 120k and kept it till about 220k. It had performance chips, sport exhaust, intake, lowering springs, Bilsteins, 17" Racing hart Evos and an Airflow bodykit with a Carlsson bridge spoiler. SOLD.
1992 9000 T black.jpg
15126_big.jpg

NUMBER 4: 1992 9000 Turbo, manual with black leather. This car was fast and loud as hell with an intake and straight pipe exhaust. Gave to charity when the 2nd Scantech slave died after 2000 miles.
1992 9000 T red.jpg

NUMBER 5: 1989 900 Turbo Convertible, manual with tan leather. This car was rough around the edges but so much fun to drive. The floor rusted out so I donated all the parts to help 3 other restoration and racing projects.
1989 900 T convertible.jpg

NUMBER 6: 1995 9000 Aero, manual with black leather. This car was built as a stage 5 street legal ice-racer/autocrosser with a beautiful 1/2 race cage. Abbott springs, Bilsteins, SAS swaybars and poly bushings all around; this was the fastest best handling SAAB I had ever driven. The car was totaled when I was rear-ended at a stop light. I swapped many of the go fast parts into my current Stage 5+ 1995 9000 Aero.
1995 9000 Aero 01.jpg
1995 9000 Aero 01 - int 01.jpg
1995 9000 Aero 01 - int 02.jpg
1993 900 Commemorative Edition #50
1995 9000 Aero - Stage 3
1996 900 troll
2002 9-3 Viggen vert - Stage 4
2004 9-5 Aero Wagon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #63
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Ooof, I'll have to put one together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:19 AM   #64
Elder

Wow Daven! That's a cool list! Lots of neat Saabs there.

I need to put a list together.. Should be entertaining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo - Cirrus White
1986 Saab 900 Turbo SPG Clone - Admiral Blue
1992 Saab 900 Base - Talladega Red
Old 03-01-2016, 08:33 AM   #65
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
1985 Volvo 240 (rolled/totaled)
1982 Volvo 240 (had for 3 weeks, before someone pulled out in front of me. totaled)
1986 Volvo 240 (Winter beater)
1982 Volvo 240 (sold after I purchased the Galant
1987 9000 Turbo purchased from ex GF's parents.
1996 Galant (4g63 swapped, eventually parted/sold)
1989 9000 Turbo (purchased from buddy, who purchased it from the same ex gf's parents.)
1981 Volvo 242 GLT (purchased from an elderly man in PA in 02 with ~$70k. hit/totaled while parked)
1999 9-3 HOT (Purchased to replace 89 9000 when the ring gear separated)
1992 Laser RS AWD (fun car)
1990 Eclipse GST (fun car)
2000 9-5 wagon (replaced 99 9-3...still driving daily)
1999 9-3 HOT (purchased w/ ex GF, lost in break-up. apparently, it has like 300k on it, now?)
1995 850 T-5R (fun car/daily traded to buddy for work on the 9-5)
1999 9-3 Base (Base car-Race car)
1997 9000 CSE (To make race car)
2008 9-5 Aero sedan (picking it up this weekend!)

Last edited by g96nt; 03-01-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #66
Elder

Here we go... Starting at the beginning when I was 15. 2Fast2Furious had just come out.. Some of these are better than others, should be worth a chuckle. I don't have pictures of all of them, only the important ones.

First thing I ever bought. 1990 Explorer. Bought with bad transmission for $300, sold with bad transmission, but cleaner for $600.

With that $ I bought a repo'd 1993 Acura Legend. My first drivable car. Had LED underglow, fancy lights, tacky wheels, etc.. But I had the engine all pretty! until it blew a head gasket. Ah, high school...

Sold the Legend and got this 1985 300ZX out of a barn, did minimal maintenance and drive it for a while. It was the slow model, no turbo, 2+2, brownish red. Yeah. First manual though I had fun with it.

Got tired of the 300zx and stumbled on this 1991 Honda Prelude SI. Probably should have kept it. Thing was seriously mint. Couldn't afford wheels, but again, my F&F engine detailing skills were on point! Once the piston rings started to go, I sold it.

While I had the Prelude, I also picked up this 1970 Pontiac Catalina 400ci for $100. Was going to restore it. Quickly realized that I got in way over my head and sold it for much more. Made money, but I should have kept that engine.

After the Honda, I wanted a "nicer" car for college. I went to look at a BMW 318i and it turned out to be junk, but the dealer had a "Real Clean Turbo Saab" that the owner was driving. It was cool and had a turbo, so I bought it. The Saab love affair started then. Never should have sold it. Sadly I bought it back a few years later after the guy I sold it to blew it up and trashed it. I used a bunch of parts from it and scrapped it.

Owning a Saab showed me the need for having a spare car, so shortly after buying the black 9k I bought this Geo Prizm from my grandparents. I just realized that this is about the only picture I have of it.. 2 hundred some thousand miles, always ran like a champ, everything worked. Probably shouldnt have sold it.

Somewhere during this time period I also owned a 1991 Mazda 929 seen in the background of this picture. It was average, but rwd.

I got tired of the Saab being broken (looking back it wasn't that bad and was the most reliable Saab I ever owned ). I bought a good friend's 1992 Celica GT that he had a minir accident with. I did some work to it and repainted it. Was a ton of fun and never broke.

Had this 1989 900 turbo sedan for a short time.. Old Saabs don't make reliable daily drivers. Evidently I had to learn that lesson several times over.

Somewhere around this time, I also owned a 1991 Infiniti Q45 which I never should have gotten rid of. I'm bummed that I can't find a picture, but it was pearl white on white leather. Swag that I will probably never match again.

Like a tard I traded it for this civic because v8s use too much gas to commute to college. Yeah, I was dumb.

Then the Saab "bug" bit me again so I went looking for another 9k. I found my 1992 9k that I still own. Full thread in the link > https://www.saablink.net/forum/genera...tion/33123.htm

I had sold the Geo Prizm after an unfortunate jump had bent the crankshaft. I then bought a 1995 Volvo 850 from a friend to daily. It was alright, quickly got bored with it though. I can't find a picture of it, but I think it's in my White 9k thread somewhere.

I sold it off and bought a ragged out 1985 Celica GTS convertible. It was a total pile, but it ran alright. The convertible part was neat too.. A heavy rain paired with a small short and minor dash fire left me less than interested in it, so different friend bought it, fixed the wiring, and drove it for a few more years

With the 1985 Celica vert down, and my white Saab suffering from an exploded transmission, I had to find a daily driver fast because I was about to be dumped into the real world (graduating college and getting married). I had to have something reliable, so I bought My 1992 Celica back, it served me well for a couple more years as I adapted to having to adult. The only change from before was the 17" wheels had been traded for 16" 2002 Celica GTS wheels.

More to come.. Post was too long lol

-Jason

Old 03-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #67
Elder

More...

Upon getting married I also aquired my wife's 1995 Infiniti G20 as part fo the fleet. It was seriously the most reliable car either of us have ever owned. just kept going forever with basically no maintenance. I feel bad how little maintenance I did to be honest. She got a new car and sold it to a friend, but later bought it back from said friand to use as a winter beater.

Shortly after getting married we bought my wife her 1998 Volvo C70. Still have that one, it's come a long way.

Another beater. 1981 Thunderbird. Not sure why I used to always be attracted to shit.

I owned this totally freakin awesome 1981 Corolla 5 speed. I bought it to be a beater, but after discovering that under all the rubber undercoat was a rust free car in very good shape. Not bad for over 300k miles. I painted it black, added baby supra wheels, and fender mirrors. This is one of those cars that I regret the most getting rid of. I would kill for another in this condition.

The reason I sold the corolla was to buy my high school dream car. The 1997 Lexus SC300 which I still own is supposedly one of only a handful RSP blue SC300s made in 1997 and this one came with a turbo kit and some other mods. I cruise it around occasionally, but it usually sits in the shop under a cover waiting for it's day to be completely restored.

Bought Palmer's 1986 SPG clone a few years ago. Still have it. Unfortunately been in storage awaiting some floor patchwork for a few years (adulting sucks. Why don't I have time to do whatever I want anymore? lol). It's on the list for future restoration though and sits under a cover in the shop when not being driven.

My 1985 Celica GTS. Still own it. Fun summer toy/future restoration project. Thinking road racer..

Forgot to add it before, but I owned this Tally red 1991 9k turbo. I wanted to save it so bad, but it wasn't worth it. Eventually gave up it's life for other Saabs and lives on through mine and others. That red did shine nicely though (the non-rusty parts anyways)

More coming.

-Jason

Old 03-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #68
Elder

Current money pit.. 1991 Cressida. 1UZ swap caged drift car. Having fun, we'll see where it goes.. Hopefully turbo in a few years.

Man van/race car hauler. 1985 Chevy G20 305/4 speed manual

Wife's daily for the last few years. 1997 Volvo 850 turboless base model. Been a great car for being so boring. Just sold it to my in-laws.

Wife's new daily. 1998 V70R AWD in Saffron Orange. Matches her coupe, but can go through snow, haul dogs, kids, ass. Besides being a maintenance whore, I think I've got it reliable now. Lots of fun for a family car.

My previous daily.. Bought a pair of 1993 Camrys one wrecked, one with a bad transmission. The plan was to make 1 good car. Ended up finding a $100 transmission for the nicer car and made that my daily. Then pulled the damage out of the less-nice car and sold it for almost as much as I bought the pair for. Proceeded to beat the tar out of mine for 3 years and then sold it for market value. Unfortunately the new owner only had it for a few months before a tree fell on it RIP.

(Yes, that's garage door trim lip)

My current daily. 1997 Lexus LS400. Super comfy, v8, rear wheel drive, reliable.. Maybe I'm getting old, but I love this thing lol.

That's all I've got for now.

-Jason

Old 03-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #69
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
The original Terrible F-, my 1991 Chevy Beretta. Got a lot of my bad taste out on this one. Went as far as converting it to a 5spd. Won my first drag racing event with it and got a little blurb in GM Performance Magazine.

[img][/img]
I inherited my Brother's DD, first Saab, a '90 9000 Turbo. I modded it but it was an auto. As he became sick and passed away, I also took ownership of his '95 300zx which was modded by me during his ownership.

The 9000 needed work and I hated it being an auto and swore to not do another trans conversion. The 300zx was too nice, rare and low mileage to do a twin turbo swap.

My brother had wanted to buy me a graduation gift, a blue '99 Viggen. So since my mother felt pained to see his 300zx after his passing, I sold it and the 9000 to snag a blue Vig. I even sold the Beretta to make it happen.

At the time, this was the lowest mile Viggen I could find for sale in the country.

I of course modded the Viggen and got a two page spread in European Car Magazine with it.

I did half a winter in it, then sold the winter wheels and tires which paid for another Beretta. This one a 5spd, tons of fun to beat on in the snow.

I called it the Beater-etta

About this time, I co-signed for my now wife while we were still dating. So my name was on her 2004 Saab 9-3.

I sold the Beater-etta for this 1989 Maxima SE 5spd. Loved this car.

I got a real job and the beater thing did not work out anymore. I got my first lease, a super cheap 2008 VW Jetta. I got an auto since our apartment had the cars blocking each other, didn't want to move cars each time for the wife.

We sold the 9-3 and bought a new 2009 Hyundai Sonata for my wife. When three wheels and two tires were lost to a pothole, I upgraded to 18's.

On Valentine's Day 2009 I traded in the Jetta to lease a 6mt VW CC. I LOVED this car. I bought out the lease and had it CPO'd.

The CC felt so much more solid than the Viggen and had plenty of practicality. I had wanted an Lotus Elise or build a Cobra Kit car for my 30th Bday. I figured I would sell the Viggen and buy the closest car to a Cobra I could afford. Enter the 1998 BMW M Roadster which is a lifetime keeper.

The wife's Sonata needed a lot of money around the 60k service. She said she wished she could buy a newer blue on parchment Saab 9-3. I made that happen by finding an left over '11. This time it was XWD so we quickly threw an intake and tune on it.

My VW CC did what VWs do and became unreliable so as the warranty was soon to run out I ditched it. I made a special order for an 2013 6mt BMW 328 and then cancelled my order to assume the order of a forum member here who had a better car which I negotiated to less than the base car I had ordered.

I loved the way the BMW looked, but it did not stir me the way older cars did. I wanted a station wagon for the dog and for errands at Home Depot. I sold the 2013 BMW quickly.

I found a rare 1 of 12 Dame Edna 5spd Combi a few states away and had to have it. This car is a LONG time keeper for sure.

I became spooked by owning 3 cars out of warranty. My wife's 2011 XWD started making a bit of noise from the rear end. It was just a $60 XWD service, but it spooked me. With my wife now working from home, a lease was appealing. We would have no trouble with 12k miles a year if she has no commute. We wanted to get close to a new Saab and the Buick Regal 2.0T is as close as it gets. With my supplier pricing this 2015 was silly cheap and we love it. We will likely stay in the GM fold and take another Regal for '17/18.

So pretty content with my current 3 car line up. My two cars are long term keepers, the M Roadster hopefully for life.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #70
Avid TSL User

2006 - My First: Grandma gave me her 1989 Chevy Celebrity as a graduation present from highschool. It only had like 81k miles on it when I got it. Total grandma car till I got my hands on it...

Hey look, we used to get snow up here...

Year or so later, sported it up a bit with rims, lower suspension, spoiler, stereo...

Then I had a guy paint it for $300

This was the beginning of the end.. paint job really sucked and I got bored with it after this. Parked it behind my sisters house for a year til I sold it to a friend as a winter beater. Got me through 4 years of college though, very reliable and had the best heater I've ever experienced. Would buy another one to tinker around with if I could find a decent one and had a garage.

2010- Got hit with the truck bug. Got this 2004 Colorado with 105k mi on it
Day I brought it home:

Did some fancy wheels, whole system for it including a custom sub box under the rear seat, some upholstry work inside, and retro'd some projectors into the headlights. Rust started eating away at it and I moved to a real city with parallel parking so it had to go

2012 when I went to sell it:

Since I lived in Albany and walked to work, I decided my then GF and I would share a car. That lasted about 2 weeks until I came upon this, my first saab, 2000 Aero sedan with the 5-speed, I think about 110k when I got it:

Love this thing. Still have it. Will be for sale next week (keeping the RK1s!).

2015- Picked up this thing in November. '04 9-5 Aero Wagon, 5 speed. Dream saab level, 150k on it.

Really need to get some more shots of it.

Oh, I got some bikes in there too...

Got this Buell as a starter in 2011 (see my dad's 9-3 aero in the background):

That was a fun bike and great on gas (70mpg!) but I decided I wanted to go faster pretty quick. So I sold the Buell in 2012 and got this Kawi ZR7s

As it sits now

Reminiscing is fun.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #71
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Hoo boy this will take some digging. Cars first, then bikes.

First car was an 85 8v 5spd 900i, that my dad bought around 1996 for $50. I 'took over' in 98 at 15, learned to drive with it, put a stereo in it, did all sorts of stupid stuff to, and eventually swapped in a 16v turbo and made an spg clone w/all the old school bolt ons. Drove it off and on for at least a decade. A constant work in progress, I still own it to this day - next step is T5.

When the 85 was down and out occasionally, I had an 88 Ford thunderbird turbocoupe. My mom bought this new, and I bought it from her when I graduated high school. Borla cat back, wheels, mbc. Great cruiser, life got in the way. It sat in storage for a decade and I sold it to a buddy who put it back on the road. I'll buy it back one day.

When both of the prior cars were down, I picked up this 87 900 turbo, was a little rusty but it ran great, easily the fastest mostly-stock turbo I've driven. Had it at college for a year and it never let me down. Sold sometime around 2005?

Around 2005, my father in law was getting rid of his 85 rx7 that he'd had since the late 80s. The body was pretty shot after his son left it out in the RI winters for a couple years. It's been a resto project for me ever since, with major progress in the last few years. Body is fully restored (sans paint), and it's mid LSx swap now (6.0 LQ4 base, T56, etc).

When I graduated school, I knew I needed something a little more reliable, so I found a 99 LBV after losing out on a nice clean 00 9-5 aero sedan. Purchased in Oct of 05 w/65k miles, I'd own this for 7 years and another 80k. All the basics minus a tune, was a great car. Like any LBV owner, I still miss it and regret selling it from time to time; sold it to a younger guy who was over the moon @ finding one in October of 2012.

Day that the new owner picked it up. Took it for a last drive after this was taken with the intention of having a little fun, but ended up just cruising around at 40mph trying not to cry.

Along the way I thought I needed a dedicated auto-x car, and picked up this basketcase merkur xr4ti. I was sort of used to the Ford 2.3 turbo motors from my tbird...this one came with one mostly in pieces in the trunk. True story. Got it back together and running down the road, sold it before it could cost me any more time or sanity to a guy who immediately started daily driving it. Scary.

When I felt I had 'made it' in my career, I swung for the fences and picked up a brand-y new '13 328i m-sport, 6spd rwd. Looks a lot like Jamesons because he bought the first one I ordered, that the factory screwed up on. I ended up waiting around 5 months for this car, but got a screaming deal. Was rear ended 10 months after buying it (minor), then hit a deer a year later (less minor), and decided I didn't really like it enough to justify the cost. Sold it to a buddy in May of 15, he's still enjoying it.

Drove my wife's car for about 6 months, so I think this counts as 'mine,' 08 aero combi. If not for the auto and the weird auto trans issues that were cropping up, I'd probably have kept it for another year or two. Still, we had it for 5.5 years and over 100k miles, with very, very few problems.

Bought a 56 CJ5 for my wife last year, check out the thread elsewhere for resto details.

Lastly, my current daily, '16 GTI. Fun car that I really hope stays reliable.

Bikes up next..

Last edited by Turbo00; 03-07-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:40 AM   #72

Bike time, so I learned to ride around the summer of 2006 on a buddies '81 (?) Yamaha xs850 Special. The first time I took it around the block is one of those frozen in time memories - I knew I'd always have to have a bike from that moment on. The bike wasn't anything special but it felt like nothing else had up to that point. I don't have a picture of the actual bike, but it looked just like this:

After taking the MSF course the following spring, I bought a hand-me-down Honda Shadow VT1100c from a buddy, who bought it from his brother, who bought it from his dad etc. Not a bad bike for what it was, and it outran any stock-ish evo Harley without too much trouble. I did fork seals and basic tlc, sold it over the winter of 2008 for more than I paid.

Got a decent bonus that year at work, so I picked up a new HD Dyna Fatbob around Feb 2008. I wasn't really into harleys, but this bike was about as anti-harley as they got back then. Surprisingly fun in the twisties, decent power, unique looking. I did a fair amount of work to this bike getting it how I wanted it, but ultimately it wasn't really what I wanted long term. Traded it in around the fall of 2011.

Here's what I bought in trade, 2012 HD road glide custom. This was just before the road glide/bagger craze took off, and I got a great deal. Still have it, have done cams, programmer, slip ons, head pipe w/catless x pipe, intake, lighting, audio, etc. It's shockingly fun to ride, I just don't ride the thing enough. It'll be 'casually' for sale this spring; if I get a reasonable offer it'll be sold w/the intention of picking up a smaller replacement. Looking at the Yammie XSR900, new triumph thruxton.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:24 AM   #73
Elder

That's a nice list! I keep toying with the idea of getting a bike.. But in Indiana the weather only nice enough every now and then and it's hard to justify.

-Jason

Old 03-08-2016, 06:10 AM   #74

Nice thing about bikes, is for around $1500 you can pick up something that doesn't need much work and will offer a lot of fun for the $ - trying to help you justify the cost here, lol.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #75
Elder

I'll give a go at continuing where I left off on post #1
while I still had my first saab, I had purchased another '97 900 coupe that was in an accident. I had hoped to repair the car and drive it but the structural damage was too much. I ended up just using it as a parts car

Around the same time my Uncle had given me his 1977 Datsun 280z. the car had a blown head gasket, and an aftermarket turbo system from the 70's. I fixed the head gasket and drove the car for a while. But soon I was having issues that I could not pinpoint.

My parents weren't exactly thrilled about the parking situation...

I soon decided that it was in my best interest to remove the straight 6 and install a sbc v8 and a 6 spd manual in the Z. So I did a bunch of work to the car. including dropping in a fuel cell, building a dual exhaust with a corvette style exit and a custom hood.

here's a nice little videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsaxTVslHaI
I had sold off my trans am, the parts car was gone and then I was having problems with my beige 900 coupe and I ended up parting that car out also.
I bought a '97 eclipse rs from a friend to drive for a while.
(not the same exact car, but same color and trim)

this was one of the most uncomfortable cars I had ever driven.
I very quickly after that bought a '99 9-3 and drove it for a few months until I stupidly jumped some railroad tracks, blew out the oil pan and seized the engine.
then I bought a 2003 subaru legacy sedan 5 spd
(once again not the exact car)

this car lasted me a while until I started wanting a turbo again and I bought an '00 9-5 aero.I also sold the legacy to my younger brother.(the subaru is in the background)

this car needed a clutch and some body work. so while I was having a friend's dad do the body work on the 9-5 I bought this to drive.

body work completed and 18" solstice wheels added to the 9-5, I then parted out the convertible.

I unfortunately ran into engine timing problems that winter, and also had someone sideswipe the car. so I decided to part this one out as well
I bought an '09 subaru outback limited to take its place.

now we're up to about 2014. I bought this '98 900s convertible as a project

I did a little bit of work to it, converted it to t5 and put 9-3 bumpers and skirts on it.

I also got into bikes. I bought this 1990 honda cb-1

now we're at may of 2015. I found this '98 900s with a bad engine on craigslist, and bought it.

stole a ton of parts, including the engine from the gold convertible.

I also sold my CB-1 and picked up a bike that is a little bigger and a lot more comfortable for me to ride. I loved the honda and, but it just wasn't for me.
So I have this '82 suzuki GS650L

Now, I'm daily driving the copper bronze car. I still have the Gold convertible, and I just recently bought another '97 900se coupe to revive the gold convertible.

My Fiance' has also gotten into the saabs and we have been working on this 2002 9-5 aero that she bought this past Christmas.

There was also a '98 honda civic hatch in there somewhere but I only owned it for maybe a week. it was such a pile of junk.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #76
Avid TSL User

I love that copper/bronze color....

Did you get that Subaru wagon at Snyders in Westmoreland?!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #77
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochy38 View Post
I love that copper/bronze color....

Did you get that Subaru wagon at Snyders in Westmoreland?!
I did, I got a pretty good price on it as well as they did the water pump and timing belt and put new tires on it for me. but they gave me the car with nothing but fumes in the tank.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:05 AM   #78
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

It all started with a 1994 9000 CDE 2.3T auto that both my sister and I crashed:

My dad bought this 1995 ng900 SE 2.0T 5 spd that we had for 3 days:

The 1993 Toyota Pickup that I have had for 13 years, which is currently in pieces getting a solid front axle:

My first real project, a 1988 900 SPG that I had for a few years:

My dad and I randomly bought this 1997 Tacoma JUST before the recall stuff started happening, so it was really cheap:

At that same time I owned a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited (SPG of Jeeps lol):

Then I ended up buying a 1990 900 Convertible that was very fast and very nice:

During the time I had the 'vert I also had a 1990 4dr 900 winter beater, arguably the most memorable vehicle I've owned:

I wrecked the 4 dr badly and sold the convertible on eBay, bought this 1995 ng900 SE 2.0T 5spd that needed a little work for $500:

Sold the ng900 to a forum member who still has it I think and bought this 2001 9-5 Aero, my first car out of college:

Always wanted a diesel manual truck, bought the brodozer and did a shitload of work to it:

Bought a house and sold my truck, bought a friends 2006 WRX Limited for much less than it was worth so he could get out of a car payment:

Hated the Subaru, bought back into a Saab by the ways of Bergie's 2000 Viggen:

Thought the Viggen was silly and worth more money than what it was worth to me, so I sold it for my current car. A 2000 9-5 Aero wagon 5spd that I bought in May of 2013 with 97k miles on it. Great car, I am content with it for sure.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #79
Elder

very nice, I have the same senitments about subaru. I've owned two of them and they never really did anything for me. I always come back to the saabs.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #80
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojohnny View Post
very nice, I have the same senitments about subaru. I've owned two of them and they never really did anything for me. I always come back to the saabs.
Yeah dude. If you notice, I always came back to a Saab no matter what. Even my gf is back in a Saab after a short stint with a Camry. They are just too good for the money.

Here's motorcycles:

1984 Yamaha Virago Midnight 920. Such a cool looking bike, blew it up and sold it to a friend:

1994 Harley Lowrider, fun bar hopper with a good stance and some power mods:

2008 Triumph Daytona 675. Silky smooth powerhouse, sold it to a coworker and probably buying it back in a couple weeks:

1989 Honda Transalp. Fell into my lap, never heard of them before. Best $600 I have ever spent, and its going to it's new owner tomorrow. I will regret it but its time for a change.

2012 Aprilia Tuono V4r. My first brand new purchase. Sickly powerful, oddly comfortable, insane sounding, awesome bike. Still have this one and ride it as much as possible:

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in