N/A Intake Designs - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #41
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to ng900
I know this is kind of a late post to this topic, but I just joined the site. Does that pipe that replaces the resonator box improve performance if you already have a performance intake? And if it is louder, is it louder in general, for instance when idling, or is it only louder when accelerating?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ng900 on cardomain.com
exdrivers = team on cardomain.com
1995 ng900s 2.3 N/A w/ mods
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #42
Elder

The Sport Intake System available from GenuineSaab.com does improve performance in terms of response time, quicker to pick up, it is also only louder when you take off, not when idling...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #43
SAAB Road Master

Outstanding, one of the things that plagues me when racing is that my car is slow off the line, any increase there would be helpful. That part is definitely in the top two for my next upgrades.

ng900 on cardomain.com

Old 04-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #44
Elder

What's the other top upgrade? exhaust?

Old 04-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #45
SAAB Road Master

Yeah, but for that I have to wait until the end of summer when I go to Northern Illinois U. My parents have stupid restrictions on what I can do to the car. Once I'm away from them, it won't matter.

#3 on the list, although now it might get done before the exhaust, is the six-point sub-frame brace.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #46
Elder

Yes it's amazing when you are not under the parent's control anymore

Old 04-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #47
SAAB Road Master

Well it'd gotten to the point where if I wasn't going away to school, I was moving out, but if they're willing to help pay for school, then it's worth it to deal with it for a couple more years while I finish up. Once I get a good job out of college, I'm definitely buying a Viggen, although I don't think I'll get rid of my current one.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #48
SAAB Road Master

I get attached to my Saabs. My first car, the car before my current one was a 1988 Saab 900. I loved that thing, it was so damn reliable. We finally had to get rid of it because there wasn't any room when my parents bought a new car, and it had started having some troubles due to a messed up alternator that replaced the one that went bad (only after almost 15 years I might add). We donated it to a local charity group, and it's still chugging on. That car, and the 1985 900 my parents owned before it (now in my cousins possession and still running) hooked me for life on Saabs.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #49
Elder

I'm the same way. I actually had a turbo Saab before this model. A 1989 Saab 9000CD Turbo. Sad story, totalled it But it got me hooked on Saabs

Old 04-12-2005, 05:33 AM   #50
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Keep this on topic please.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 04-12-2005, 07:22 AM   #51
Elder

What are you an admin or something

N/A Intakes are cool...I'm on topic

Old 04-12-2005, 07:23 AM   #52
SAAB Road Master

I'm thinking of extending my intake down into the body like saabindru900 did. Do you guys think that will give me better air flow than that length of drier pipe I have leading down behind the fog light?

I'm also concerned that moving it down to there might result in more debris and moisture getting thrown into the filter. Could that cause problems?

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-12-2005, 07:45 AM   #53
Elder

I am working on a system now that will extend the filter behind the foglight...I am also worried about possible water getting into the system...I am planning on removing the foglight for better air flow down there...I am not worried about debris since the filter will stop that shit, but water, yes...

Old 04-18-2005, 06:48 AM   #54
SAAB Road Master

I'm ordering that intake pipe to replace the resonator this week. And I might have enough money left over to dyno the car soon, but I'm going to see. If I have enough money left over, I'm either going to order the clear corners thanks to my mishap (see customizing post) or the 6-point sub-frame brace.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #55
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
hi i have 2 quick questions

1) i read the prvious posts in the thread, about the bad loud noise without the resonator.. is that true with this pipe or does it sound ok? http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...products_id=91

2) this intake setup only works with turbo 900 models correct? if if works with my 900s n/a engine, how would that get put in there? i cant get a metnal image of it.

thanks

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 04-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #56
Elder

This is the N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 category. Therefore anything in here relates to the Naturally Aspirated (non turbo) cars. Yes the Genuine Saab intake will fit your car as I have told you. And it does not sound bad, only louder intake sound. Look at my engine to see how it fits...You remove the stock resonator box...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 04-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #57

oh i also just found this as well,

http://www.elkparts.co.uk/product_in...oducts_id/1219

im not sure if its any good or not (and how expensive it is b/c that price is in euros) but its another intake out the for anyone whose wondering

EDIT: wow im dumb, heres why we misunderstood eachother
above, on question #2 that i asked, i forgot to put the link in.. anyway here is that link that i was wondering whether it would work well or not
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=109
in the title it says TURBO, but im not sure whether its referring to all the models it listed or specifically the 9-3 99

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 04-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #58
Elder

Yeah Genuine Saab used to sell those...But there probably isn't that much interest because it pulls in hot air, it's not that long of a tube...Custom is the way to go, until I start producing intake kits to sell

Yes that kit is for a TURBO model, hence the word TURBO in the title

Old 04-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #59

yeah im not sure about this, but it would work out great if i could get it to fit in there

my idea is, could i possibly get my intake pipe to come up and sit behind the grill, like between the frill and my radiator fan ? that would get MAD COLD air into the throttle body.. but is it possibly to get a pipe up there?

just wondering if its possible... but if it is that would be intense

Completed Mods:
Old 04-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #60
Elder

I have looked, and without some sort of custom front bumper there is no way to get a decent size pipe to that location...In fact I only think a 1" diameter pipe will fit maybe with a lot of custom bends...I am constructing a kit now to place a filter behind the foglight and open it up more in there for better airflow...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in