60k Tune Up - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 07:58 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to MistaSantos
60k Tune Up

What should I do for the big 60?

Spark plugs and wires
Oil
Transmission
Air filter

Anything else?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #2
Elder

The BIG 60? I'm almost at the BIG 150K lol.

Spark plugs and wires
Oil
Transmission
Air filter

is a start. Also:

-Fuel Filter Renewal
-Coolant Flush/Renewal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Belts? And for fun the lower radiator hose, its only $8 and its needed if you ever upgrade intercoolers.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to mg_td
tweek its NA.....

238.8 whp 272.1 wtq
Old 08-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to MistaSantos
I have a question, I've been having my oil changed at Jiffy Lube with mobil 1 is that good or bad( the jiffy lube part)?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #6
Avid TSL User

Just be careful that the brain trust at Jiffy Lube uses the right filter. And yes, Mobil 1 is the only way to go.
3\'\' GenuineSaab DP
Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofors
Just be careful that the brain trust at Jiffy Lube uses the right filter. And yes, Mobil 1 is the only way to go.
Do you all use the Saab oil filters from Taliaferro? Or what... Because I'm pretty worried, I did a DIY oil change yesterday, and put in some oil filter my dad bought from autozone... I looked at the receipt... it said 1995 Saab 900s.. so I should be good....
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by miochza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofors
Do you all use the Saab oil filters from Taliaferro? Or what... Because I'm pretty worried, I did a DIY oil change yesterday, and put in some oil filter my dad bought from autozone... I looked at the receipt... it said 1995 Saab 900s.. so I should be good....
Anytime you buy a part from Autozone they ask about the car the part is going on, that gets printed on the receipt. It doesn't necessarily mean that the filter was matched to the car, especially if you've bought something else for the car.

As an aside I would die before I ever took a car to Jiffy Lube or Sears or any of those quick-change places... you are best to just DIY at home.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #9
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by escalator guru
Anytime you buy a part from Autozone they ask about the car the part is going on, that gets printed on the receipt. It doesn't necessarily mean that the filter was matched to the car, especially if you've bought something else for the car.

As an aside I would die before I ever took a car to Jiffy Lube or Sears or any of those quick-change places... you are best to just DIY at home.
Hmmm... I guess I wanted to hear its gonna be fine... I've only driven it for like 5 minutes since the oil change to check how the oil level would be after the engine ran, it seemed to run fine, I hope its ok. But where do you get your Saab filters then? Taliaferro? Local place?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:44 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
I use Mann filters, from my foreign auto guy. They're about $6 a pop. I drive two c900s though, it might be a little different than yours. Only reason I say avoid JL or something similar is because all too often they overtighten a drain plug or in my case reinsert the dipstick improperly creating a massive vaccuum leak which put my car in the shop for a week before the dipstick working on the car figured out that it was the dipstick put in wrong. (No trust in anyone when it comes to my cars.)

Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
plugs
oil
oil filter
drain washer
trans fluid
coolant
belt
fuel filter
cabin filter
check all hoses
you might wana rotate tires as well, i did just cause...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in