Intakes for the 2.5 V6? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Intakes for the 2.5 V6?

Hey all, just wondering what options I have for intakes for my 96 2.5 V6. I see a lot of stuff for the little wimpy 2.3's, but not very much for my .5 . Any links to sites with pipes specifically for 2.5 N/A would be very welcome. Thanks.

-Mason
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Elder

Re: Intakes for the 2.5 V6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason68
I see a lot of stuff for the little wimpy 2.3's, but not very much for my .5
Wimpy? Watch your words around here

I think www.genuinesaab.com has a kit for the 2.5 which comes from www.speedparts.se

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Yeah, I've looked there, I only found one for the 2.3, which won't fit for me . Could I get a link please? Thanks in advance.

-Kevin

Old 06-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #4
Elder

I dunno after that "wimpy" comment...

Call up Nick genuinesaab.com he might be able to get a hold of it for you. It's a nice kit that includes a heatshield available from www.speedparts.se, Nick is the U.S. dealer for them. It's listed on this page:

http://www.speedparts.se/prod/sp_filter_open_air.shtml

This one:

900 2,5 V6

Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
its on that main page where the other intake things are....

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 06-15-2005, 07:29 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to ng900
Interesting fact, the V6 model actually has 10 less hp stock than the 2.0 turbo, and 25 more hp than the stock 2.3 engine. I'll bet some of our N/As are close in HP by now to a stock V6.
It's going to be hard to find upgrades for the v6, Mason, you're the first person I've ever heard of with the 6.

ng900 on cardomain.com
exdrivers = team on cardomain.com
1995 ng900s 2.3 N/A w/ mods
Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 AM   #7
SAABeginner

Heh, so I've found out. I e-mailed Steven at GenuineSaab and he told me that they don't have any intake kits, they'd have to order the one from SpeedParts, and it would take a month :\. I'm going to get it though I think.

I'm going to try and clean up the engine tonight, and I'll take some pics so you guys can see what it looks like :P. Also, any recommendations for an exhaust? I've been looking at a few, I want a catback, 2.5", with a nice tone, not too loud though, preferably under 4 bills. Any suggestions?

-Kevin
Old 06-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #8
SAAB Road Master

Depends on where you live. There's a place near me that will install an exhaust (you buy the muffler yourself separately) with a straight pipe from the cat back for about 90 bucks. The muffler I'm looking at is only about 80 bucks itself, so I'm looking at about 170-180 total with install. All the silencers will be removed, and it's a 2.5" pipe. I have this planned for the end of August, right after I leave for school.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 06-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...products_id=80

Sorry a little confusion there. I do have a couple in stock.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 06-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #10
SAABeginner

Hey, thanks a bunch for the link man, I ordered it. Any idea how long it takes to ship to somewhere in Vermont via ground?

-Kevin
Old 06-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #11
TSLMember

Quote:
We'll see whos wimpy when you are put up against an V 10 500BHP BMW M6

Now your car looks a little wimpy, doesnt it?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
i've heard the v6s had the worst problems....

is this true?
Old 06-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #13
Elder

Yup the V6 was the worst of all the models in terms of problems...

Old 06-16-2005, 06:24 AM   #14
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowko
Quote:
We'll see whos wimpy when you are put up against an V 10 500BHP BMW M6

Now your car looks a little wimpy, doesnt it?
Kind of a different class of car there, but ok.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 06-16-2005, 07:39 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
the 2.5 has it's problems, but they make an update kit that will correct the timing belt problems they all had. the rest of the 2.5 engine is pretty good! though it's no barn burner... thing is, 75% of the 2.5's are broken down already cause they never had the update
Old 06-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #16
SAABeginner

Hey, I was just kidding about the "wimpy" comment. I haven't had any problems with car yet, it's still going strong at 100k. The only repairs I've had done in 2+ years is the suspension because of a cracked spring (most likely overlooked when we bought the car).

It certainly is fun to have the civic/cavalier crowd challenge you once in a while . They have no idea what Saabs can do, even automatics :P.

-Kevin
Old 06-18-2005, 03:31 PM   #17
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Z Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen Z
V-6s 2.5 SE

The only problems ive had with mine are leaking valve cover gaskets every 15k i change the timing belt and tensioners about every 25k Saab dealership did my last two for zilch, i have this kit on mine its the balls JUST DONT over tighten the clamp !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 04:45 PM   #18
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to V6POWER
Pic

Sorry for chiming in late, I have the 2.5L intake and it's a solid buy. Here's a pic:

It adds a noticable boost in HP and you can hear it sucking air in at the higher RPMs! You won't be disapointed.

-Tom

PS I've had my V6 for 10K miles and haven't had ANY major problems. The dealership will change the timing belt for you for free at certian intervals, I had mine done at 95K.

Enjoy
-Tom

Old 06-19-2005, 07:46 AM   #19
SAABeginner

Thanks for the heads up Tom, I'll see what I can do about my timing belt. The intake looks nice, can't wait to get it in 2-3 days . How does that heat shield attach on? And where did you find the resonator box?
Old 06-19-2005, 03:39 PM   #20
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to V6POWER
Heatshield

The Heatshield didn't come with any pre drilled holes so I lined it up about where I wanted it and drilled new ones. I think I drilled through the mounting points for the stock air box, and bought some bolts and washers from the hardware store. After you get your box out you'll probably see what I mean. As for the resonator box, are you talking about the muffler? If so I just had a local muffler shop toss on a dynomax or flowmaster (can't quite remember) along with a chrome tip. The sound turned out great though, almost anything is better than the restrictive stock system.

Give us an update when you get it installed,
-Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in