Direct Intake Tube - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
Elder

Direct Intake Tube

For those of us who don't have a *cough* turbocharger in our early model Saabs, I thought some of you might be interested in a tube that goes directly into the throttle body from the stock intake tubing. I have attached an image below. I met Mike Connolly a.k.a Meatball at the Saab Owners Convention last year, and he said he would be selling them soon. I haven't been able to get a hold of him since we last talked, but would anyone be interested in purchasing this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
I'd be interested in purchasing the peice that connects the pipe to the throttle body that way I could make a larger intake pipe going to it.

I'd also be interested in buying the chromed top cassette he has, and getting my headers dipped. I think he's able to do all that.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

Send a message via ICQ to saabindru900 Send a message via AIM to saabindru900 Send a message via MSN to saabindru900
yea, that intake is pretty nice, i wish i could fabricate stuff like that. maybe i should take a welding class

1998 900s:

1987 SPG:

Old 02-15-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

i always thought it was bad to have the air go 90 degrees, i was tought to have it take gentle turns

would it be possible to fabricate something on top of the throttle body that looked like a pancake but thicker? that way the air could sorta spiral around in it, or just chill and wait to be sucked in?

~justin

I ĐRIVE SWEĐISH
Old 02-15-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

Send a message via ICQ to saabindru900 Send a message via AIM to saabindru900 Send a message via MSN to saabindru900
i would be interested, but i want to see what the price tag is first. that piece can't be more than 150, and i am not willing to pay more than that on a 1 foot piece of tubing.

1998 900s:

1987 SPG:

Old 04-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #6
SAABeginner

Air Induction Tube

Greetings all.
This is Mike Connolly AKA 900S - POP's. I have just discovered this site and am pleased to be here. As to the questions regarding the Air Intake Tube, It was designed and built by myself with the Help of a Very Good and Old Friend who now works at JPL ( Jet Propulsion Labratory ) in Pasadina Cal. The design uses the same technolgy as was used on the old style Hillborn Fuel Injection of the 1950's - 1970's. For the concerns of those about the 90 degree bend, rest assured that the design was worked out by the computers and air flow systems at JPL, and it works! Just ask those who have ridden in or driven MEATBALL. We will be making them for sale by the end of this year. We have not got a price on them at this time, but I will keep all informed. You may contact me at [email protected]
Old 04-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #7
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Re: Air Induction Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900S
Greetings all.
This is Mike Connolly AKA 900S - POP's. I have just discovered this site and am pleased to be here. As to the questions regarding the Air Intake Tube, It was designed and built by myself with the Help of a Very Good and Old Friend who now works at JPL ( Jet Propulsion Labratory ) in Pasadina Cal. The design uses the same technolgy as was used on the old style Hillborn Fuel Injection of the 1950's - 1970's. For the concerns of those about the 90 degree bend, rest assured that the design was worked out by the computers and air flow systems at JPL, and it works! Just ask those who have ridden in or driven MEATBALL. We will be making them for sale by the end of this year. We have not got a price on them at this time, but I will keep all informed. You may contact me at [email protected]
Nice to have you aboard Mike. Welcome to the site. I personally have been an fan of your car for a while. I used to have many pictures of it, but then the link became unavailable. Some of the things I liked was the polished DI casset, and I believe it was the powder coated valve cover. I believe you also had a site selling power coated C900 valve cover as well. Do you have any more pictures, or information about some of the things you've done to your NG900?

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 04-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #8
SAABeginner

Meatball

Thanks All For the Fantastic Welcome to The SAAB LINK.
For those who have asked for more pictures of her, click here and don't forget once you are in the site, click on the Gallerys for more pictures and details.
http://saabpics.org:3000/gallery/900S

Mike
Old 04-11-2004, 05:46 PM   #9
Elder

Welcome Mike! We talked at SOC '03. But finally I have been able to make contact with you. Hopefully I can learn more about all of the modifications you have made to your car...What is your HP up to now? Do you have a list of all your mods you could post for us? Thanks a lot!

Old 04-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #10
Elder

why has saabpics been down these last few days?? Are they having serious technical problems?
for your repair needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in