get the book! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
get the book!

yea back to this topic, lol

i want to buy and install that mp short shifter but im afraid the instruciots wont be deatailed enuf and i screw it up...

does it give an explanation of how to do it in the haynes manual? if so, just another reason for me to "get the book!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
ERP

Send a message via AIM to ERP
Give us a call at MP if you run into any problems during the installation and I will walk you through it. I've installed quite a few of them. MP #719-578-2958

Eric
1996 900 'Aero' 2.3t Sold -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-30-2005, 08:44 PM   #3

hey eric, on a side note, are u in colorado sprigs now or do u live in allentown (lehigh univ.).... b/c if u do live in allentown then i might have to stop buy and look at ur car lol... i would probly not be able to drive after seeing it do to my lack of turbo etc... but it would be afun to look at it... and maybe i could pay u 20 bucks to drive it? LOL jk about that... it would be well worth my 20 tho...

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers

Old 05-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Yeah dan you should get the book, but I doubt that taking the shifter apart will be that difficult. And I'm quite surprised by how well ERP and MP stand behind their stuff! Wish you guys made stuff for 9000s!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:02 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Eric is in Colorado, but was at Carlisle. I have ridden in it and it scares the bejesus out of me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 06-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #6

hey i went to advance today to "GET THE BOOK" but they dont have it...

i guess ill try books a million or borders or something 2moro....

im just making sure: they make a haynes manual for my exact car right? b/c the advance place had the 94-98 900 TURBO, they just didnt have one for a 94-98 900 N/A

Completed Mods:
Old 06-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
I believe my Haynes is both turbo and n/a, with a seperate section on variances between the two. Check bn.com and see what you can come up with... most likely they will not have it in-store, or at least tehy didn't when i worked there.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:23 PM   #8
TSLMember

The book is Haynes #3512 titled "Saab 900: Oct 1993 to 1998 (L to R registration)" or at least thats the one that I've been getting by with for the past year or two. I've never heard of a separate turbo and non-turbo version. I've never seen it available at local auto parts stores (though the local Autozone does have the C900 right now ) Amazon usually has used ones available for immediate shipping. Might be worth a look.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:07 PM   #9

im really havin trouble locating it... can anyone find me a link? i searched amazon.com and booksamillion.com, neither of them had it

i searched google for haynes 3512, nothing came up

i went to www.haynes.com and the only manual it shows on there is for 79-88 900

edit: this is the only one i can find, but its from the UK and id probly get gayed on shipping...

http://www.elkparts.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id/383

any other places? whered u all get urs from?

Completed Mods:
Old 06-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #10
Elder

Do some research man, www.google.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...329949-2156949

http://www.stateofnine.com/page/stat.../RepairManuals

http://www.saabcentral.com/bookshop.htm

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product...te_banner_id=1

By the way, this is in the wrong category. Admins move it please.

Old 06-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
"Gayed" on shipping? Not to be the party crasher but Dan, you've got no idea how ignorant you come off there... and nearly everywhere else. Mike Saunders offered you some decent advice on how to get around the forum without people thinking you're a joke... I suggest you go re-read that.

But seriously dude, as RCM said without saying, half the questions you ask could be answered by taking 30 seconds to google it, or just using half the brain you've got. If you can't find a place to buy the fucking manual, then you probably don't belong under the hood of a car to begin with.

And no, to answer your original question, Haynes doesn't provide modification advice. I think Uncle Ben has that manual. You may be able to deduct how to take apart the console, and get at the shifter, but it won't provide step-by-step the same it would for, say, replacing a CV joint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in