N/A 3" Intake Kit [With Install Photos and Pricing] - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
so wats goin on... anyhting happening? updates rices etc? i want one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #22
Elder

Damnit I am still waiting on prices from the guy who made the stainless pipes, he's hard to get a hold of...More info this week...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #23
Elder

The filter came in today. Take a look, should fit behind the foglight perfectly, going out to install now.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #24
Elder

Here are the install photos with the new filter, which allows the last stainless pipe to connect better using a smaller silicone coupler than before (it was a big black bulgy connector before). So the filter you will need is K&N RB-0910 available at Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, ebay, online etc...The key with this filter is not only the size but the angle it has on it to allow it to fit down there perfectly. See the photos:

The key to the install is turning the wheel so everything is easily accessible. (ignore my curb rash and LOW TREAD tires)

To remove this back cover, there are three bolts on the inside wheel wheel, one is a 10mm bolt, the other is one of those plastic black caps, also 10mm, and the third bolt is actually one of those things you push in the middle of to pop it out...There are also two 8mm bolts on the bottom part of this piece...

Alrighty, now all I need to do is get pricing. Kit will most likely just include the stainless pipes, since the couplers are available anywhere, and I told you what size filter to get. But if you insist, I can get all the parts for you and package the deal...

Old 06-06-2005, 01:12 PM   #25
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to ng900
Great detail Rob, thanks for all the pics and instructions.

ng900 on cardomain.com
exdrivers = team on cardomain.com
1995 ng900s 2.3 N/A w/ mods
Old 06-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #26

ready and waiting on the price!

wont taking that plate off allow water to get thrown from the tires onto the filter?

also, what angle is the below picture from?

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Old 06-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #27
Elder

Dan you don't PERMANENTLY remove that cover It's just to install it. See the photo with the tire in it. Well that photo you have above, is looking to the right of the tire. Inside the wheel well there...

Notice that white circle pulley thing in both pics...

Old 06-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #28
SAAB Road Master

awesome and that filter really is a perfect fit. cant wait to get workin on this once you produce some prices.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:19 PM   #29
Elder

Yeah it took me some time to look through all those filters on K&N's web site http://www.knfilters.com/search/univround.aspx and find one that fit perfectly. I was amazed I got it right on my first try....

Old 06-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #30

power wash your dirty self rob damn..... undercarriage of your car is dirrty but that intake had awesome placement btw
Old 06-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #31
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStoops
power wash your dirty self rob damn..... undercarriage of your car is dirrty but that intake had awesome placement btw
, the only thing I worry about for this placement is the amount of airflow. I don't know if there is a way to measure air flow, but I have something to measure temps to compare the difference...I just worry I am not getting enough air flow. I am even thinking about remove the foglights for better flow...

Old 06-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #32
SAAB Road Master

have you thought about trying to enlarge the whole that allows air to flow in. if i get the fender intake i want to cut out a little bit of the bumper that is perpendicular to the foglight facing the ground which would allow more air to get to the filter. maybe throw a piece of mesh there to block bigger debris
Old 06-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #33
Elder

Yeah I checked that, but it seems like it will only allow air flow to where the old filter was better, not to the new position. It seems like the only way to increase air down there is to remove the folight...

Old 06-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #34
Elder

Ok. To make things easier on me, so I don't have to handle it I sent the plans over to Group 9, and they are making the pipes for $69. Then you pay for exact shipping to your zip. So let's get a list together of everyone who is definately interested with your zip code.

I believe this will fit the stock N/A with the resonator box, instead of the genuinesaab intake tube...

EDIT: Note, you will responsible for purchasing three silicone couplers and the correct filter (both available at Auto Zone or Advance Auto Parts), this price is just for the two stainless pipes...

Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 PM   #35

Completed Mods:
Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #36
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to ng900
Is it possible to buy only the pipe that connects to the resonator? And if so, how much would it cost? I don't intend to run my intake behind my foglight.

ng900 on cardomain.com
exdrivers = team on cardomain.com
1995 ng900s 2.3 N/A w/ mods
Old 06-10-2005, 02:32 PM   #37
Elder

The price would probably just be half of $69 so $34.50, but let me check to make sure.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:48 PM   #38
Elder

Well do we have anymore people interested?

Old 06-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #39

im interested, what would i need to buy? would i just buy the pipes from you, and get the silicone connectors and air filter on my own? if so, what sizes would i need for that?

Completed Mods:
Old 06-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #40
Elder

Dude read the damn post.

Silicone Couplers: Need Three, size 3" to 3" at advance auto parts, auto zone, online
Filter: K&N Model # RB-0910
Two Stainless Pipes: $69 plus extra for shipping.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in