advance auto parts people are dumb - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
advance auto parts people are dumb

gosh, they must think im sum kind of retard that doesnt know wut im talking abou, but shit i mean cmon

some douche sak tried to tell me that the $40 honda civic air intake kit would PERFECTLY fit in my car... only thing is that the pipe is too long, its not bent where it needs to be and oh yeah, THE PIPING ISNT 3" diameter... gosh there idiots

oh yeah, then itook him out n popped the hood to show him, and he tries to tell me i haeva broken engine mount or something like that, b/c my engine is leaning slightly to the side....and i just said "dude, go back inside, im leaving"

WHY WHY WHY do they act liek they know everything about every car when they dont????

disclaimer: i in know way meant to degrade any advance auto parts employee, with the exception of this one douche sak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
Elder

Re: advance auto parts people are dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthegolfer
gosh, they must think im sum kind of retard that doesnt know wut im talking abou, but shit i mean cmon
Um. I'll refrain from commenting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #3

lol yea that was supposed to be the funny part, but like, i was to this guy what u guys are to me, if all you dumbasses can get that analogy

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers

Old 05-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
Elder

Yeah I get it. Nice one.

Old 05-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #5

This is, by far, the most unintentionally funny post I've seen in months...

My hat's off to you, my friend....I was having a shitty day and now I'm smiling again.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #6
Elder

You said the same thing over at this topic https://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforu...ghlight=#39525

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders
This has quickly become the funniest post in recent memory.

Just so you know.

Old 05-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #7

Ok, what can I say....I'm easily amused!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike saunders
This is, by far, the most unintentionally funny post I've seen in months...

My hat's off to you, my friend....I was having a shitty day and now I'm smiling again.
so wait mike. dear friend, where was the unintentional humor? i just dont like this advance auto parts guy.... and the part about the guy being a douchesak and not knowing anything about saabs was included to be humorous to all you people that hate on me for not knowing anything

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 06:10 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Ahww That some funny shit. The fact that you were looking for an intake at advance auto I find to be funny. But the dumbass that told you your engine mount was broken is just a damn retart
Thanks for the laugh

2004 9-5 Aero 5pd Stg 3 Wagon
1990 900 Convertible
2007 Cbr600

Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #10

btw no i wasnt looking at an intake at advance, i was looking at the metal bend pipe things while my friend was looking at something for his jeep, and the guy comes over and gets all in charge of me and goes and grabs the intake and immediately started acting like it would fit....but then again laugh it up like cool man mike does b/c after all im not an elder here so why respect me in that aspect... but yeah i definitly just stared at the guy for a good 10 seconds after that happened without talking.. lol

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #11

Dan, the next few paragraphs will likely piss you off, but there's a message to them.

What I found funny was someone who:

* has just gotten his license, yet is re-enacting the "Fast and the Furious" as the "Slow and the Mildly Pissed"
* has barely driven his car enough to know the smallest thing about it. (Your glee about the "shift up" light was priceless. If you had bothered to search, you might have seen that most people disable it as soon as they can.)
* has absolutely no clue about what's under his hood, or any hood (Are you even somewhat familiar with the principles of internal combustion?)
* has only recently learned the fundamentals of shifting and is declaring himself an expert. (Come talk to us when you can heel-toe around a corner.)
* has less general automotive knowledge than my 9 year old daughter (She has actually helped me change my plugs and could probably tell YOU the proper gap)

No, on second thought, I find that fucking hilarious.

Now....end of humor.

I know I can't speak for everyone but I'm confident that the folks here and at SaabCentral want you to enjoy your car every bit as much as we do. For us, that means learning as much as we can about them: the history, the problems, the quirks, the benefits. Your enthusiasm is good to see (it's what keeps this site so alive and vibrant), but you'd have much more success here -- and everywhere -- if you watched and learned more than you spoke and acted. I was a lurker on Saabnet for months before I ever posted anything. I chilled here for a while before offering details about the engine swap project I was doing.

...and this isn't an age thing. There are folks here who are about the same age as you and they get as much respect as anyone else because they've been around for a while and watched and learned before they spoke or acted. Period.

So....please keep posting. But just consider your words carefully before you put them down. You'll learn a lot more and folks will be a lot more willing to share information with you....

OK?

Old 05-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #12

ok im not really pissed, but i do need to rebutt a few of your statements

first of all, i never recall saying my car was fast, and it would be weird if i said that b/c i dont really think i my car is fast (compared to others atleast)

second, i like the shift up light at redline being there, so eat my biscuits

third, i dont remember saying anyhting about being an expert shifter, they asked what i did different and i told them as close i could, and its the best launch ive had in quite awhile... i dont remember sayig anyhting about being a pro shifter and stuff like that

and yes i am fmailiar with stuff under my hood, however im not too educated in much of it, its just stuff ive learned from here

im sorry i dont have people in my life to teach me stuff liek this, thats why i come here and ask

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 07:34 PM   #13

OK....cool...

No more harshing.......

But just keep watching and learning and you'll soon find out more than you ever wanted to know about your car....
Old 05-16-2005, 07:35 PM   #14

<3

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 07:35 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Logan Leslie
Yeah Dan, but at the same time you have to pay some sort of attention to what Mike said. I only started really posting regularly on the site in the last week or two, and I think I've been a member for around 6 months or so. I'm pretty sure you and I are around the same age, but if anything I'm younger then you, and my dads a lawyer so he's an absolute moron with cars so I haven't had much of a mentor myself either. The best way to learn is to go out there and start turning wrenches... or google things, or even the search function on the site. The forums are a great place to learn things, but at the same time it's also a good idea to learn at least a bit about terms and other stuff, and to try and figure out some problems before posting.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #16

yeh i know about that, and i do... i was quiet for my first couple weeks too... its just im really interested in this stuff and iwant to learn more about it... but theres no real way for me to find out without either:
1) asking on here
2) experimenting
3) buying the products

in my case, #1 works the best b/c i can easily screw stuff up by experimenting, and if stuff gets screwed up then guess what, the saab stays in the garage and i ride the bus to school! and #3 could turn out to waste a ton of my money, so thats my view of it

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 07:42 PM   #17
Avid TSL User

I don't know dan, Both of us are around the same age, and have around the same knowledge of cars, but you ask so many damn questions. Try googling the question, or just going to autozone.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #18

what are these forums for if we dont ask questions? i really dont care what people think of me, i just want to learn more about my car

i dont care if you think i ask too many questions, I PROBABLY DO ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS, but i have ALOT of questions so im going to ask them, ban me if thats not what these forums r here for

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 PM   #19

Nearly everything you've asked has been asked before, so you're not exploring unknown territory. It's all in the archive, waiting to be searched for....

Just spending the time to look is a learning experience itself. There's definitely no instant gratification involved.....

Old 05-16-2005, 08:29 PM   #20
Avid TSL User

You sound like a budhist monk teaching a life lesson...grasshopper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in