finalyl got the shifting down! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
finalyl got the shifting down!

oh shit guys, i can rape the lexus now.. im definitly gonna ask for a rematch after what i just did

i was gonna go out n take pics of my car cuz it is a nice eveing, instead i decided to test er out and hit about 120 on about a mile long straightaway without even trying (i had to slow down at alot of spots in fear of cops)... but ive done that stuff before tso thats no big deal

the big deal is i just got my shifting down PERFECT

i waited for no cars to come and pulled out on it n came to a dead stop... using my cd player as a timer i definitly just got 0-80mph in just under 10 seconds (i went when the cd got to 20s or soemthing and glanced at it when i hit 80)

the reason i have my 0-80 time is because simply, i didnt know i got up there that fast lol!! i think my startups off the line have been killin me, but i got it alllll on lockdown now... my 0-60 time is probly now down to about 8s whereas before it was about 9 with my sucky starts.... yes!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
sounds good...

try it against the Lex...

dan how old are you?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #3

i just turned 17 a few weeks ago, had my licnese for a lil over 10 months

and dont get me wrong my shifting has always ben good, its just i didnt perfect my launch shifting til like... 20 minutes ago

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 05-16-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Elder

just be carefull with all this racing stuff.... im not judging you... but you just started driving so 120 down a street aint the safest... a friend of mine died going 90 down a staright away... and just today in the paper a kid from Palo Alto died going 120 down a straight street... ill scan the pic of his passat.... engines out on the ground....

but on a lighter note....

you have a manual?

and what did you do thats diffnt?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
Elder

I was just going to ask that, what are you doing differently? Because on your last post, you complained that the Lexus got a head start, and now you are complaining that you used to shift slower and now you magically corrected it and can beat the Lexus you lost to...

Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #6

to tell the truth, im really not sure what i did differnt, except it was somthing that i did different with the cltuch (lol THATS A BIG DESCRIPTION i know)

i think it was something along the lines of i just changed my gas/clutch ratio and maximized the speed w/out any wheel spin... it was jsut really good i guess

i got such great launch and im serious, i was at 80 before i knew it

yea and about the dying thing, im really not into that kinda stuff... im very carefulabout when and where i do it.... this place is a perfectly flat perfectly straight DIVIDED road (divided by like a 50 foot grass thing) and the surround stuff is all fields so u can see that nothing is gonna pull out in front of u or anyhting

thx for the concern tho i really do appreciate it

edit: during this lil race i did against myself, i also discovered that it tels u to shift up at redline, liek that little light comes on... i find that a pretty sweet lil bonus

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #7
Elder

*HEADACHE*
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

nice dude, i remember when i first got my shifting down good, then i went and snapped the clutch cable (that's always fun), then i had to like relearn when i got the new one cause it was completely different

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 05-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #9

Someone check my math, but: 80 miles per hour = 117.333333 feet per second. With a 50 foot median strip, you'd cross it in less than half a second. (.43 seconds)
Old 05-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #10

thats why i dont drive sideways....

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #11

justin - how did u snap ur clutch cable? had the engine at 6grand and dropped the clutch? jw, so i dont do it... lol

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 08:58 PM   #12

burnouts in the rain, it did first and second gear just fine, redlined second, went to go to third to keep it going, but the rpms dropped to much and made a hell of a noise, i put it in first and it ground, and i knew that something happened to the clutch, so i had to leave it in first

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 05-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #13

ahh thats sucks

o my, what i just thought of tho.... like u know how sumtimes if u do a burnout ur clutch will stick and u like cant move for a few seconds... does that do any harm? or does it just be gay for a few seconds and then go away, cuz its happened to me a few times

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 09:03 PM   #14

you have a hydrolic clutch it is not as bad as mine, i have a mechanical clutch, so ya, it'd be really bad if mine did that

also since yours is all fluids, you don't have to worry about breaking a cable like me

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

yeah thats bad. You're scorching your clutch disk. If you wear out your clutch, plan on spending about a grand to get it changed at a shop. I'd maybe do a couple less burnouts.. Also your fluid is also probably heating up
Old 05-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #16

yea i did stop with burnouts awhile back, but like how many of those scorch thingies would it take to like wear it out? or seomthing like that...

is like 3 gonna do anything to it?

also, just b/c im dumb and dont know anything, does it do any real damamge to anyhitng when u race, like shifting right before redline n stuff? i mean the redline is ther efor a reason, so stuff under that shouldnt harm anything should it ?

and of course im not talking about doing this every minute of every day, im talking abotu doing it MAYBE once or twice a week, MAXIMUM

Completed Mods:
Old 05-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #17
Avid TSL User

You shouldn't harm much as long as you take care of your car... regular oil changes and good fuel. Some clutches last longer then others, it depends on your driving style and who had the car before you
Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 PM   #18
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
danthegolfer, you always give me a bit of a chuckle
Old 05-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #19

thats wut im here for

Completed Mods:
Old 05-17-2005, 02:06 PM   #20
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Dan, where do you live? Any plans on coming to Carlisle?

Also be carefull with that clutch. BlueAero just had his replaced....mostly because the previos owner couldn't drive either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in