some new pics - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to danthegolfer
some new pics

hey im know im new here, and im just startin to do stuff to my car

i just got a new camera for my b-day so now i can take pics

heres some pics

and a few questions:
1) would my rusted headers affect the performance?
2) where could i find some new headers at? and about what would they cost?
3) are they gonna be hard to install?

oh, im gonna also paint the strut bar the same yellow, think it'll look good?

thanks, dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to ng900
I know RCM will like your color choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ng900 on cardomain.com
exdrivers = team on cardomain.com
1995 ng900s 2.3 N/A w/ mods
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #3

yea i know i chose the same color as him, but im going on what looks good to me and what my friends think, not on whether i should "copy someone" or not. i woulda chosen yellow regardless. anyway, its not like him and i are ever gonna be in the same car show together (its unlikely mine will ever be IN a car show, lol)

so he has no worries about copying

anyway, so what about the headers ?

Completed Mods:
Dual XD-7500 head unit, GenuineSaab Sport Intake Pipe and 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Optima Redtop, 2 Rockford Fosgate P2 12\" Subs in Rockford sealed box, powered by a Rockford Punch 200aIV amp running off Rockford Fosgate 8 Gauge Wiring kit, 3 way Pioneer 6x9 rear speakers

Old 04-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
SAAB Road Master

Didn't mean to imply you were copying. We all do what we want to our cars. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the headers, but I'm sure someone on here will. And don't give up, your Saab might end up in a show yet, it just takes time and money

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
Elder

Re: some new pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthegolfer
1) would my rusted headers affect the performance?
2) where could i find some new headers at? and about what would they cost?
3) are they gonna be hard to install?
Love the color choice What type of paint did you use, you have a picture of the can?

1. Rust on the outside does not affect usage on the inside...
2. You can't find new headers for an N/A unless you do something custom which costs $600-$700. Hopefully I am getting that done this summer.
3. Headers are easy to install just make sure you seat the exhaust manifold gasket properly, or you will have a leak...

Is your car a 2.0L or a 2.3L? And damn your battery looks corroded! You better clean that shit up, probably loosing battery power daily...

P.S. You put this in the wrong category, this is for performance modifications not cosmetic changes

Old 04-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #6

its 2.3L , oh and the reason i put it here was bcuz of the headers... but anyway
thanks for being supportive of the color choice!

oh yea and the paint i used was from advance auto, high temp engine enamel paint or something. it said it was good for up to 500 degrees and i liked the color so i went for it and it turned out good! if u still wat a pic of it just tell me and ill take one, thanks

Completed Mods:
Old 04-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

hey welcome to the site, where you from?

you should take those little orange reflectors out of the front corner lights, looks a billion times better.

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguy
hey welcome to the site, where you from?

you should take those little orange reflectors out of the front corner lights, looks a billion times better.

~justin
im from virginia, and when u say "the lil organge refelctors" is tha tthe clear corners mod? can i find instructions for that mod somehwere? thanks

Completed Mods:
Old 04-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

Yeah, I just cleared the corners on my car, it looks so much better. Careful when you do it though, unlike the healights, the corner lenses aren't glass, they're plastic, so if you're too rough you'll crack the lens, that's what happened to me. There's a tutorial in the tutorial section (redundant, I know) if it'll help.

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-26-2005, 02:31 PM   #10

hey i asked my dad if i could do the clear corners mod, but he said no. he thinks that the plastic reflectors are in there for a reason (safety i suppose) and he wont let me take them out. i know because of the yellow bulb inside, they will still show up amber as a turning signal should, but hes convinced it will make it not shine as much, so he wont let me do it. is there anyone who could send sum pics i could show him, to persuade him that they are just as bright? or are they not as bright and i dont stand a chance... any help???!!! lol thanks

Completed Mods:
Old 04-26-2005, 02:35 PM   #11
Elder

I believe in some states you won't pass inspection by not having the orange reflector there...it's a requirement for vision purposes...easier to see a car with those or something...who knows...All I know is that I passed inspection with mine, then again I paid for the real ones...

Old 04-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #12
SAAB Road Master

As a matter of fact, I had the same problem with my father. The reflectors are far enough back that the light of the bulb doesn't shine through them for the most part, and the light that does is just the turn signal, so they really serve no purpose. The only reason they are on there from the factory is a really old US law that says all cars must have reflectors in the lenses somewhere. It only applies to cars for sale new, once you have the car you can clear them and it's perfectly legal (I have friends in legal places )

(PS Don't ask, he probably won't notice I've cleared my corners, cleared my side markers (the ones near the doors) and I've totally changed things under the hood, added a switch to my console, have under-dash LEDs, and the only thing my dad's noticed is my racing numbers and my exhaust tip. Just make sure you don't do everything at once, make it gradual)

ng900 on cardomain.com
Old 04-26-2005, 03:43 PM   #13

you asked? wow

it's really easy to do, took me like an hour cause i got a phone call while i was doing them

this is the site that told me how to do it:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Appearance/ClearTurns.html

there are some other great things on that site, here is the main site for that:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Saab.html

if you haven't debadged your car yet, do that too, it's so easy to do, and don't tell your dad, lol. he wont notice if you don't tell him
there are instructions on how to do that too on that site under appearance.

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 PM   #14

about the debadging.. what does it remove? it doesnt say on there and i cant tell a difference on the pictures.. maybe im just dumb lol... oh and i didnt really ASK my dad to do it, although it is his car (i drive it tho), the reason he found out about it was i asked him if we had a star wrench thing for me to take off the headlight... my allen wrenches dont reach down deep enough.. so do i need to get get a star wrench tip thingy or can iuse something else to get that little screw off? a picture of the screw im talking about is attached... thanks

by the way, if this is not the correct screw to remove to take off the turn signal holder, please tell me.. lol

Completed Mods:
Old 04-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #15
Elder

That's the correct one, and check the trunk of your saab should have the proper tool right in there with the spare tire...

Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
That's the correct one, and check the trunk of your saab should have the proper tool right in there with the spare tire...
i looked in the trunk and found these 2 tools near the spare tire, however one is shaped like a flathead screwdriver and doesnt fit, and the other one is the correct star shape but its too big on one side and too small on the other!!! argh

below are the 2 tools i found... i looked around but there the only ones in there

is there one im not seeing?

Completed Mods:
Old 04-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #17

that star one should work, maybe you have some rust in the screw slot, empty a can of wd-40 on it.

and the debadging removes the words "saab" "900s", and "2.3" off the back, it makes it look much cleaner, and i love it like it

~justin

I –RIVE SWE–ISH
Old 04-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #18

in the first pic, youre referring to the tool on the right side correct?

the smaller end of that tool is too small, and the larger end is too big... ill check for rust but i really dont think i can get it in there!

Completed Mods:
Old 04-26-2005, 07:52 PM   #19
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Logan Leslie
I had that same problem with my first 9000. Since a ton of stuff on saabs takes torx drivers, you might as well just go buy a set of bits in all the sizes. Sears and places like autozone have them. You won't regret the purchase...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #20
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthegolfer
and the other one is the correct star shape but its too big on one side and too small on the other

what the hell you mean too big on one side and too small on the other...It fits into the black end of the screwdriver tool thingy...you have to rotate it and slide it in certain way...it'll fit...it's made for it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in