Saab Link Forums banner

some new pics

2K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  PureNordicPower 
#1 ·
hey im know im new here, and im just startin to do stuff to my car

i just got a new camera for my b-day so now i can take pics

heres some pics

and a few questions:
1) would my rusted headers affect the performance?
2) where could i find some new headers at? and about what would they cost?
3) are they gonna be hard to install?

oh, im gonna also paint the strut bar the same yellow, think it'll look good?

thanks, dan

#3 ·
yea i know i chose the same color as him, but im going on what looks good to me and what my friends think, not on whether i should "copy someone" or not. i woulda chosen yellow regardless. anyway, its not like him and i are ever gonna be in the same car show together (its unlikely mine will ever be IN a car show, lol)

so he has no worries about copying

anyway, so what about the headers ?

#4 ·
Didn't mean to imply you were copying. We all do what we want to our cars. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the headers, but I'm sure someone on here will. And don't give up, your Saab might end up in a show yet, it just takes time and money :?

#5 ·
danthegolfer said:
1) would my rusted headers affect the performance?
2) where could i find some new headers at? and about what would they cost?
3) are they gonna be hard to install?
Love the color choice :D What type of paint did you use, you have a picture of the can?

1. Rust on the outside does not affect usage on the inside...
2. You can't find new headers for an N/A unless you do something custom which costs $600-$700. Hopefully I am getting that done this summer.
3. Headers are easy to install just make sure you seat the exhaust manifold gasket properly, or you will have a leak...

Is your car a 2.0L or a 2.3L? And damn your battery looks corroded! You better clean that shit up, probably loosing battery power daily...

P.S. You put this in the wrong category, this is for performance modifications not cosmetic changes :D

#6 ·
its 2.3L , oh and the reason i put it here was bcuz of the headers... but anyway
thanks for being supportive of the color choice!

oh yea and the paint i used was from advance auto, high temp engine enamel paint or something. it said it was good for up to 500 degrees and i liked the color so i went for it and it turned out good! if u still wat a pic of it just tell me and ill take one, thanks

#9 ·
Yeah, I just cleared the corners on my car, it looks so much better. Careful when you do it though, unlike the healights, the corner lenses aren't glass, they're plastic, so if you're too rough you'll crack the lens, that's what happened to me. There's a tutorial in the tutorial section (redundant, I know) if it'll help.

#10 ·
hey i asked my dad if i could do the clear corners mod, but he said no. he thinks that the plastic reflectors are in there for a reason (safety i suppose) and he wont let me take them out. i know because of the yellow bulb inside, they will still show up amber as a turning signal should, but hes convinced it will make it not shine as much, so he wont let me do it. is there anyone who could send sum pics i could show him, to persuade him that they are just as bright? or are they not as bright and i dont stand a chance... any help???!!! lol thanks

#12 ·
As a matter of fact, I had the same problem with my father. The reflectors are far enough back that the light of the bulb doesn't shine through them for the most part, and the light that does is just the turn signal, so they really serve no purpose. The only reason they are on there from the factory is a really old US law that says all cars must have reflectors in the lenses somewhere. It only applies to cars for sale new, once you have the car you can clear them and it's perfectly legal (I have friends in legal places :D )

(PS Don't ask, he probably won't notice :wink: :lol: I've cleared my corners, cleared my side markers (the ones near the doors) and I've totally changed things under the hood, added a switch to my console, have under-dash LEDs, and the only thing my dad's noticed is my racing numbers and my exhaust tip. Just make sure you don't do everything at once, make it gradual)

#13 ·
you asked? wow

it's really easy to do, took me like an hour cause i got a phone call while i was doing them

this is the site that told me how to do it:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Appearance/ClearTurns.html

there are some other great things on that site, here is the main site for that:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~cak7/Saab.html

if you haven't debadged your car yet, do that too, it's so easy to do, and don't tell your dad, lol. he wont notice if you don't tell him
there are instructions on how to do that too on that site under appearance.

~justin

#14 ·
about the debadging.. what does it remove? it doesnt say on there and i cant tell a difference on the pictures.. maybe im just dumb lol... oh and i didnt really ASK my dad to do it, although it is his car (i drive it tho), the reason he found out about it was i asked him if we had a star wrench thing for me to take off the headlight... my allen wrenches dont reach down deep enough.. so do i need to get get a star wrench tip thingy or can iuse something else to get that little screw off? a picture of the screw im talking about is attached... thanks

by the way, if this is not the correct screw to remove to take off the turn signal holder, please tell me.. lol

#16 ·
rcmdesign said:
That's the correct one, and check the trunk of your saab should have the proper tool right in there with the spare tire...
i looked in the trunk and found these 2 tools near the spare tire, however one is shaped like a flathead screwdriver and doesnt fit, and the other one is the correct star shape but its too big on one side and too small on the other!!! argh

below are the 2 tools i found... i looked around but there the only ones in there

is there one im not seeing?

#17 ·
that star one should work, maybe you have some rust in the screw slot, empty a can of wd-40 on it.

and the debadging removes the words "saab" "900s", and "2.3" off the back, it makes it look much cleaner, and i love it like it

~justin

#20 ·
danthegolfer said:
and the other one is the correct star shape but its too big on one side and too small on the other
what the hell you mean too big on one side and too small on the other...It fits into the black end of the screwdriver tool thingy...you have to rotate it and slide it in certain way...it'll fit...it's made for it...

#24 ·
woooooooooooooooow i ge tit now! haha yeah the piece fits.. it was just hidden in the handle! that tool isa good idea...

anyway.. umm i undid that screw but how do i pull off that corner lihgt thing now? i pulled gentlyin a few directions and it wouldnt really come out.... maybe im dumb tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.