New love for the 2.3i - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #21
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Palmer, you forgot one thing

lots of money.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #22
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Edited.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #23
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
To get double the power.. I would expect on racegas and with peak power 230whp is possible with lots of $$ Far beyond reasonable for these cars now if you want my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #24
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Well what exactly did Mike do to the "Meatball" to get the power he was generating. I know he had a custom uprated FPR made by bosch for our cars which he sells. Think he sells them for 100 to 150. Once my fuel issues are sorted out I may look into them. Mike really knows his stuff. He's an old school ford drag racer and knows how to make power.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #25
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

I have adjustable fuel regs 3-5bar and fixed 3, 3.5 and 4 bar on the shelf around $65 That would just make a mess of the fuel trims though. Since it would take out fuel in closed loop and bias the mixture with long term trims.

|
|

Old 11-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #26
Elder

I think lots of head work will do a bunch too. On the rasin racer we shaved the head a bunch and at our dyno day we made 198hp on a N/A 2.0 in a classic 900
Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 AM   #27
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Well what exactly did Mike do to the "Meatball" to get the power he was generating. I know he had a custom uprated FPR made by bosch for our cars which he sells. Think he sells them for 100 to 150. Once my fuel issues are sorted out I may look into them. Mike really knows his stuff. He's an old school ford drag racer and knows how to make power.
Mike certainly does know his stuff, and is a great guy. I have his interior and suspension on my car. His motor was fully built, forget what compression he went to, but it was pretty high. Next time i talk to him, ill try and get some details.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 AM   #28
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

What you need to find is an actual dyno chart from that car..

Marty you want me to make the numbers show 250?

|
|

Old 11-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #29
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DIC View Post
what would it take to double the power?
Two engines.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #30
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxian55 View Post
Mike certainly does know his stuff, and is a great guy. I have his interior and suspension on my car. His motor was fully built, forget what compression he went to, but it was pretty high. Next time i talk to him, ill try and get some details.
To make decent power like we are talking about I think you are talking compression of 12.5:1 or so, maybe even higher.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #31
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red DIC View Post
what would it take to double the power?
turn it into a something like spoon engine that revs to 16k.

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #32
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
What you need to find is an actual dyno chart from that car..

Marty you want me to make the numbers show 250?
LMAO!

Right on.

"Nice guy" or not, I'm willing to bet anything that his car wouldn't even make 130whp, period. Yes I rode in it, yes he's a "nice guy", and yes, I watched him get passed by a bone-stock monte carlo 91 900tc with a slushbox. I also watched about 20 cars slam on the brakes befind him at the Cincy SOC cause he couldn't pull away or even keep up with the pack during the road rally. I have nothing against a fellow Saaber, but it kinda makes me upset that a "nice guy" would tell so many tales to a bunch of really nice, good-hearted Saab people and intentionally mislead young guys that work very hard to make a buck.
Of course, I'd love to retract my statement if he'd show a dyno printout or.......... something. Where is the S.A. software to support 250whp?? What, stock N.A. injectors with a RRFPR???? (lol!) Just think about how much boost you have to run in a stage 4 and how much software changes have to be made to make 250whp. Let's face it, shaving/porting a head, cosmetic powder coating, a shiney airbox and a rrfpr just won't cut it.

Last edited by SilverHoran; 11-15-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #33
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoran View Post
LMAO!

Right on.

"Nice guy" or not, I'm willing to bet anything that his car wouldn't even make 130whp, period. Yes I rode in it, yes he's a "nice guy", and yes, I watched him get passed by a bone-stock monte carlo 91 900tc with a slushbox. I also watched about 20 cars slam on the brakes befind him at the Cincy SOC cause he couldn't pull away or even keep up with the pack during the road rally. I have nothing against a fellow Saaber, but it kinda makes me upset that a "nice guy" would tell so many tales to a bunch of really nice, good-hearted Saab people and intentionally mislead young guys that work very hard to make a buck.
Of course, I'd love to retract my statement if he'd show a dyno printout or.......... something. Where is the S.A. software to support 250whp?? What, stock N.A. injectors with a RRFPR???? (lol!) Just think about how much boost you have to run in a stage 4 and how much software changes have to be made to make 250whp. Let's face it, shaving/porting a head, cosmetic powder coating, a shiney airbox and a rrfpr just won't cut it.
Did I miss something? Was their issues with the Iowa dyno day's numbers?

Just curious as I dyno'ed there.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #34
Flirting With TSL Addiction

No there wasn't issues but anyone running the dyno's sofware can make your car read higher or lower. I have 2 graphs from my vert. One says I have 140 hp another says I have 350 hp.

1979 99 GL "99 Super"
1999 S10 ZR2
1991 Mazda Miata
78' Turbo
Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #35
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saab99Super View Post
No there wasn't issues but anyone running the dyno's sofware can make your car read higher or lower. I have 2 graphs from my vert. One says I have 140 hp another says I have 350 hp.
Is silverhoarn referencing Marty's car? Or something else?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:55 AM   #36
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
I believe he is referencing the "meatball" of Mike's.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #37
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
I believe he is referencing the "meatball" of Mike's.
Mike Connolly - NOT Mike Adams (saab99super) from Meyer.

Mike Connolly is the guy with the ng900 with the shiney airbox, Mike Adams' and family has the purple c900 non-turbo race car that dyno'd 195whp.

just in case anyone was getting the two "Mikes" confused.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #38
Elder

I couldn't remember what his last name was and was therefore including the name of the car. Thanks for that Jessop.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #39
JK
Elder

The saabpics site has his name all over his photos...that the only reason I figured it out.

Some people do not pay attention to names that people give cars.

I would still love to see a 200whp ng900, and I bet it could be done. And there are plenty of people that are able to tune motronic, so I don't think is too much of an obstacle.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #40
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Meatball mike was handing out little slips of paper at SOC 07 that had the web address of some pictures of the car. I thought it was a little odd that he was handing out little flyers of his deceased car (was wrecked). He gave one to me, he was pretty nice though.

A 200 hp all motor 2.3L would be cool. I don't think it is out of reach, as Honda type do it all the time, just they have alot more aftermarket. A 200 hp na V6 would be even easier.

Tboy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in