intake pipe from throttle body to sensor - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
SAABeginner

intake pipe from throttle body to sensor

what is the procedure in making the pipe is there any adapters needed to hook up the pipe from the throttle body or is it just the regular piece of rubber with a clamp and how much of a difference will it make to my current set up which is a 3 inch pipe with a k and n behind the fog light
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2004, 07:09 PM   #2
Elder

Currently Taliaferro is working on a kit that includes piping straight from the intake manifold to the sensor. It elimates the big air box up top there, the resonator. The pipe that goes into the intake manifold has to have ridges to sit down in there and also bolt holes so it can be screwed into place. A clamp will not work up there. Stay tuned...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-29-2004, 05:02 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

what is their progress on that btw?

~justin

I ĐRIVE SWEĐISH

Old 04-29-2004, 05:07 AM   #4
Elder

Unresponsive to my emails Nick

Old 04-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #5
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
It has been used as a loaner for a while now and has had a few comparisons by people with the same car and the power is noticeable. Also my biggest concern of too loud is not an issue some of our 9-5 customers mentioned "loud muffler" when I questioned them. I have made a few revisions and should have some production prototypes soon. I will get them sent as promised… Just really busy here.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #6
Elder

Sweet! Thanks Nick!

Old 04-29-2004, 08:53 AM   #7
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Thats good too hear Nick. Will it only be for a N/A intake or for different designs as well?

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 04-30-2004, 06:10 PM   #8
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Not the prettiest [yet] but it is the best performing design we have tested yet. Getting really close here... Tried many lengths and elbow shapes... Will have some for the T5 too. Need to get back to some other projects though...

Just noticed that the car is really dirty... oh, after 4 hours of mostly WOT it was mentioned that we change the oil since it was waaaay over now full of saab semi syn...

|
|

Old 04-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #9

why did you blue out the strut tower brace?

~justin

I ĐRIVE SWEĐISH
Old 04-30-2004, 07:56 PM   #10
Elder

SHHHHHAAA, just ignore the Blue, it’s a secret invention Nick is working on he does not want anybody to know about. You weren’t supposed to say anything.

Nah but, yeah it’s probably a new brace that he is working on; I don't think anybody makes them yet. They might but I have not seen them. I was thinking about bringing my to my welder and having him make me a new one that has two bars going across one bolted to the body and the other one right in front of the bolts. He said that he could make it out of stainless, and that it would not cost him that much. Prob going to have him make that one, and the rear strut brace out of stainless bigger then 22mm.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #11
Elder

Nick, that looks awesome! Can't wait to get a hold of that!

Old 05-01-2004, 06:57 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I hope a rear upper strut bar similar to Abbotts is in the making too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 05-01-2004, 02:55 PM   #13
Avid TSL User

someone REALLY needs to make a CAI for the T7 setup.. i'm so unpatient
Old 05-01-2004, 03:30 PM   #14
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Quote:
Originally Posted by saab4life
someone REALLY needs to make a CAI for the T7 setup.. i'm so unpatient
OHHH whatever...man I'm waiting on your for that!!!! Im in Iowa all summer...come down so we can get one made up.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 05-04-2004, 08:57 AM   #15
Elder

I had emailed Abbott Racing about one of their products, the high flow delivery pipe featured here on the right compared to stock on the left:

asking if this part would fit an N/A car. Not the whole delivery pipe, but just the connector piece to the throttle body. Apparently, the throttle bodies on the N/A and turbo models are different, and therefore it will not fit. Also, they said that even if we had a tube going into the throttle body on our N/A cars instead of the air box:
Quote:
There will be no gain in doing this as we have flow jigged these before on our race cars and have done a lot of air box development on our dyno cell.

Old 05-04-2004, 06:25 PM   #16

we need to find out stuff for the n/a not turbo, this is the n/a section afterall

what if you just put a pipe right on top of the tb and stuck it up through the hood? lol

~justin

I ĐRIVE SWEĐISH
Old 05-06-2004, 07:48 AM   #17
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Production parts are ready! These are much more labor intensive to make than first though. One good thing we were able to tune out most of the resonance so it sounds much better than the early prototypes.

Kit Details

|
|

Old 05-06-2004, 08:25 AM   #18
HNNLIC
Elder

Thats excellent news!!

Old 05-06-2004, 10:27 AM   #19
Elder

Can we do a group buy on these? $125 is a bit too expensive for me And I really want to get this!!!!!! Any chance of the price falling in a couple of months Nick?

Old 05-06-2004, 10:48 AM   #20

wow, bit expensive for me too, a group buy would be super!

but it looks awesome!!!!! good job

and why did you get rid of the noise, we like the whoosh noise

~justin

I ĐRIVE SWEĐISH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in