intake pipe from throttle body to sensor - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3

N/A Performance Modifications for the NG900 / Old 9-3 This forum contains PERFORMANCE related Q&A's specific to NATURALLY ASPIRATED NG900 and old 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2004, 11:08 AM   #21
Elder

Yeah what does it sound like?

You think I can get a free tube if I keep the genuinesaab Logo on for advertising

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #22
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
Only took about 20 hours plus of testing to find the best design. About 1.5 hours for a trained fabricator to make each. Plus the test car we do not use customer cars just in case.... It sounds great. No horrible resonance.. Good power gains. And you want me to give them away. Don't you want me (actually "us", 5 people now, and still looking for more) to be here in 15 more years with lots of original products. I could just wait and copy others, it's the cheap option. The price is quite reasonable and we even give you the option of finding your own filter or reusing an existing one. Most would only sell the complete package.
Just my opinion... Not meant as fighting words.

|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-06-2004, 02:45 PM   #23
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

so that extra 50 for the filter, is that like, the cone filter as shown in that picture on your site?

another question, you have the intake kit for the 2.3 n/a as seen here: other intake you have now, do you have any pictures of that on a car? can the two kits be used in combo? or does one replace the other?

~justin

I ĐRIVE SWEĐISH

Old 05-06-2004, 03:04 PM   #24
Elder

Of course we want you to be around in the future But I thought this piece could be no more than $90 max...

It looks amazing by the way...And if I had the cash, I would have been the first to order...

Old 05-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #25
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to citronxbeige
i have a request for you guys. for about 30 bucks, and in 2 hours, i fabricated my own cold air intake that drops down into the fender and the cone filter is set up down there. only problem is, it looks pretty sad since its just pvc. instead of the intake you guys have on your site, why dont you make a complete kit which drops down into the fender as well. i dont see why something like this isnt already out - everyone into modding their n/a would buy it. for 150, id pay for the entire kit, your new intake pipe, along with my request (not including the filter) just an idea!!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:26 PM   #26
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Well the main thing is that everyone is talking about is the piece that goes to the throttle body. Its kind of important to get rid of that.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 11-18-2004, 07:09 AM   #27
Avid TSL User

Send a message via ICQ to 9-3 Mike Send a message via MSN to 9-3 Mike
Here's my intake pipe!
(click pictures for bigger)

and the 3" attachmentpipe to the throttle body house.

I drive a 9-3 Trionic 5. I did some other major changes at the same time as I mounted the new pipe. Such as my intercooler.
Therefore I can not give you an before/after description of the car more than I noticed after the changes that the car responded better @ low revs and performed better above 5000rpm/min.

NEW:

1/8mile = 8,807sec @ 87,1mph
Old 11-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #28
Admin
Elder

Send a message via AIM to snow4_1man
The 3" attachmentpipe to the throttle body house looks awesome Mike. I went to a welder the other day and we tried to see if a 3" would fit under the hood fpr a attachment pipe and it looked like there as no way at all for that to fit. The bend just looked like it was to big. Did you have to trim anything?

Do you have more pics of your Attachment pipe? Did you do the weld yourself?

Nice job looks good.

Whats your HP at.
99 LTB Vig - Awesome Rally Crash! - RIP
99 LTB Vig - Sold

Old 11-18-2004, 09:07 AM   #29
Avid TSL User

Hey! thanks man... I'm really satisfied with it. The result is just as I imagined it to be! U need to make the angle sharper than 90 degrees to make it fit!
Take a look here...
I've got some more pics if you want?

275bhp as we speek. Next summer goal is set to 500+ at the crank!

NEW:

Old 11-18-2004, 09:08 AM   #30
Elder

This is the N/A topic area guys, no turbo posts!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:15 AM   #31
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmdesign
This is the N/A topic area guys, no turbo posts!
sorry.. why the angry tone??..... I'll just disconnect my turbo and I'll fit right in...

NEW:

Old 11-18-2004, 09:26 AM   #32
SAAB Road Master

i'm a bit confused mike, you drive a viggen but you're using a T-5 ecu?

how does this work?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #33
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabvos
i'm a bit confused mike, you drive a viggen but you're using a T-5 ecu? how does this work?
The car is a 1998 Saab 9-3 2,0 turbo/185bhp Trionic 5 from the beginning! I've then mounted a complete Viggen exterior. I chose a Trionic 5 because I knew I was gonna blast past 300bhp. The trionic 5 engine (B204R) can take alot more beating before it brakes. The B235R wich is in the viggen, has been known to brake with standard setup an non-modified ECU!...

NEW:

Old 11-18-2004, 09:43 AM   #34
Elder

Sorry for the tone

Where did you get your viggen exterior kit? And how much?

Old 11-18-2004, 09:56 AM   #35
Avid TSL User

I bought it from the Saab development center www.sdcc.se for about $1300 including the viggen wing. But I had to paint it in my coluor!

NEW:

Old 11-18-2004, 09:58 AM   #36
SAAB Road Master

o i see, so you have a 1998 ng900 with a viggen kit and a lot of hp
Old 11-18-2004, 09:59 AM   #37
SAAB Road Master

i wonder how much shipping from the sdcc would cost to the states
Old 11-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #38
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabvos
o i see, so you have a 1998 ng900 with a viggen kit and a lot of hp
NO, it's NO ng900 it's a og9-3 from 1998...

NEW:

Old 11-18-2004, 10:07 AM   #39
Elder

Nice, og9-3

Old 11-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #40
SAAB Road Master

oops, my bad

nice og9-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in